10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Painin the Haas

Painin the Haas

NRL Player
Nov 10, 2013
It also means we are down to our third choice goal kicker, I know farnworth has raps on him but isaako was the most reliable kicker we have had in a long time

Accept

Accept

NRL Captain
Sep 27, 2016
It also means we are down to our third choice goal kicker, I know farnworth has raps on him but isaako was the most reliable kicker we have had in a long time
A goal kicker is irrelevant when you can't score tries (5 in the last 4 games). Isaako isn't first grade standard but he certainly deserves to be in the top 17 amongst this group of numpties.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
A goal kicker is irrelevant when you can't score tries (5 in the last 4 games). Isaako isn't first grade standard but he certainly deserves to be in the top 17 amongst this group of numpties.
Well to be honest with the run we are having we only need a goalkicker for the first half.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Pearce is actually a good defender - always has been one of his strengths
My memory tells me his defence was an issue some years back or at least it was made out to be an issue but I'd swap him for Milford yesterday. You know what I mean, I like the way he has a go even in beaten teams.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008

A goal kicker is also irrelevant when you don't get penalties. It will be interesting to see which of the 2 Qld teams the refs decide to screw over.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
A goal kicker is also irrelevant when you don't get penalties. It will be interesting to see which of the 2 Qld teams the refs decide to screw over.

Media loves the whole David beats Goliath, baby bro trounces big brother narrative. So broncos are in twouble

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
If that side is correct, wow! Isaako shouldn't be fullback but come on, at least he is trying his guts out but what is the rationale to retaining Boyd? I don't think one person who watches rugby league thinks he should still be there...except the coach...and the Titans.

Purple Pills

Purple Pills

NRL Player
Jul 13, 2017
If Isaako is dropped completely for Nui and Boyd and Milford retain positions in the 13, then I Hope Gold Coast stick a knife through us and really out the pressure on Seibold.

Because like clockwork, they will use the suspensions and Niu replacing Isaako as evidence they have made their changes whilst giving Milford and Boyd and Oates a free ride. Claims Dearden hasn’t played enough football, yet they’ll quite happily pick Niu who has been in the same boat as Dearden this season in regards playing time, simply because picking Niu doesn’t push Milford or Darius out of the side.

That 17 mentioned earlier gets named it is the final bit of proof I have needed to convince myself that Seibold doesn’t have the balls to drop senior players because he is scared of losing the dressing room. When it gets to that stage where you are not holding the players responsible accountable, then it’s only going to get worse.

How on fucking earth can you reward this defense? Hands on hips Oates and Milford not even looking at the ball with gaps wider than the Hume Highway on that LHS defense. And you wonder why fans are pissed off?

0769e697e6c55e39e95130126f29e744.jpg

Last edited:
Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
If Isaako is dropped completely for Nui and Boyd and Milford retain positions in the 13, then I Hope Gold Coast stick a knife through us and really out the pressure on Seibold.

Because like clockwork, they will use the suspensions and Niu replacing Isaako as evidence they have made their changes whilst giving Milford and Boyd and Oates a free ride. Claims Dearden hasn’t played enough football, yet they’ll quite happily pick Niu who has been in the same boat as Dearden this season in regards playing time, simply because picking Niu doesn’t push Milford or Darius out of the side.

That 17 mentioned earlier gets named it is the final bit of proof I have needed to convince myself that Seibold doesn’t have the balls to drop senior players because he is scared of losing the dressing room. When it gets to that stage where you are not holding the players responsible accountable, then it’s only going to get worse.

How on fucking earth can you reward this defense? Hands on hips Oates and Milford not even looking at the ball with gaps wider than the Hume Highway on that LHS defense. And you wonder why fans are pissed off?

I remember watching at the time and thinking what the hey? How didn't Newcastle go that way. Two tackles later, that left side still looked like that and surprisingly, Newcastle scored.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Sad thing is if Oates had gaps like that to work with in attack, he would still find a way not to score.

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015

As bad as Seibold has been shit like this is not a coaching issue.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
FMD Oates is fucking done as a winger... he never was and never will be a winger. His agility is garbage and he's suspect as **** under the high ball.

You can find a million wingers who will take 18 hitups if that's the only reason you're playing him there.

Our best players for the back 5 appear to be made up of the following players:
Herbie (anywhere in the back 5)
Staggs (center)
Coates (wing or center)
Isaako (wing or fullback... center at a pinch)
Niu (fullback... wing/center depending on defence)
Arthars (depth across the back 5)

Because of injuries to Staggs and Arthars we need someone to fill in, I'd be going Glenn in one of the center spots and Oates at 2nd row, but Glenn played well last week so we may be stuck with Boyd for a couple weeks.

If we want Niu at fullback long term then we need to look at repurposing Isaako as either a winger or center... I'd have him on the left side and probably left wing unless his defence improves. His natural carry is right handed, but his kick returns look best coming out of that left corner, which helps with dummy half runs... I believe he steps off both feet as well. I believe he also set Milf up for his try against Souths with a left hand carry (can't quite remember but it would seem logical given he broke through on the left side and offloaded back in field to Milf on the inside)... if he's able to do that then it shows he has enough skill to carry with both hands and could be suitable playing at left center or left wing.

For the other left sided player I'd be thinking seriously about Herbie... he is a smart player, with good footwork and an offload, and he likes to get in there and do work. We don't want to lose Herbie's runs out of our end, but he finished first or second in the 2km time trial so he's fit as.

Right side looks to be Staggs and Coates, with Niu at fullback... but Herbie could be a long term option at fullback as well, pending ball playing ability. His footy smarts and work rate suggest that if he has any sort of ball playing he'd make a great fullback... like a taller Papa.. but we then need to find that left side player to join Isaako.

I'm sick of seeing the moving chairs every week and a decision needs to be made on where everyone will sit long term and start playing them there... if an injury pops up one of the reserves or depth players steps into that spot, instead of shuffling chairs around every week.

Boyd is fucking done as a player full stop and Oates should no longer be shoehorned into left wing... almost every other outside back in the squad is better than these two at present

Last edited:
Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
1. Milford
2. Issako
3. Farnsworth
4. Niu
5. Coats
6. Dearden
7. Croft
8. Lodge
9. Luke
10. Hass
11. Alex Glen
12. Oats
13. TPJ
14. Paix
15. Teo
16. Kennedy
17. Offa
Why do you and plenty of other people think Milford at fullback is the answer... it is not

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
If that side is correct, wow! Isaako shouldn't be fullback but come on, at least he is trying his guts out but what is the rationale to retaining Boyd? I don't think one person who watches rugby league thinks he should still be there...except the coach...and the Titans.

I thought during pre season the talk was that Boyd would never get anywhere near the required quota of 15 games?

tommy

tommy

International Rep
Jun 5, 2015
The defence I mean. The rest of your post is spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • Skathen
  • MasterWright
  • Porthoz
  • Aldo
  • Johnny92
  • phoenix
  • Astro
  • Santa
  • FACTHUNT
  • Behold
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.