Status
Not open for further replies.
McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
That bench. Jesus.
The bench makes more sense if you see Oates' wing as part of it. Oates shifts into the forwards, and Isaako comes onto his wing.

I'd prefer to see Dearden in for Paix, in preparation for replacing Milford. Ambivalent on Paix vs Luke at hooker.

Last edited:
Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
FMD Oates is fucking done as a winger... he never was and never will be a winger. His agility is garbage and he's suspect as **** under the high ball.

You can find a million wingers who will take 18 hitups if that's the only reason you're playing him there.

I dunno, I think he was pretty damn good for a while up until sometime into last year. He was a fantastic finisher, ran hard, positioned himself mostly well in attack. His defence was never very good, but that pretty much applies to everyone in the side too, in every position.

He's having a shocker of a year on the wing now though.

W

WASSHHH

Aug 24, 2017
0769e697e6c55e39e95130126f29e744.jpg
Reminds me of U/8 soccer.

All the kids standing around the ball with NFI what’s going on, whilst the goal keeper (Oates) is standing up the other end daydreaming.

Suddenly, a goal is scored because Oates was too busy swinging in the net, looking at the clouds.

Fitzy

Fitzy

NRL Captain
Sep 10, 2018
Insult Other Member
Edit: Totally Uncalled for

Last edited by a moderator:
McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Why do you and plenty of other people think Milford at fullback is the answer... it is not
Because he's getting paid around $40,000 a game, is clearly not a 5/8th and there's nowhere else to play him.

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
White's moronic hyperbole rambling on about Siebs was being presently scarred and the scars would make him tougher is absolute horseshit. If he doesn't have the nous to see what everyone else can see then he's more of a muppet than I thought. Dropping Isaako is simply picking on the most quiet one of the backline to make it look like he's making changes. Move him to the wing and GET RID of 'phone it in Darius'.

A team, any team - will never improve when you reward mediocrity and punish those that are full of effort.

I was all for Siebs when he first came, but now I'm fully convinced that it's a case of the 'Emperor's new clothes'. We've bought a pup and one incapable of learning from it's mistakes it seems.

BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016

All the kids standing around the ball with NFI what’s going on, whilst the goal keeper (Oates) is standing up the other end daydreaming.

Suddenly, a goal is scored because Oates was too busy swinging in the net, looking at the clouds.
The only thing I'd say is that shot is the tap after Isaako got binned.

It could be suggested that the ref didn't wait for us to get back into position before allowing the tap to be taken, but I can't recall what he might've been saying over the mic.

The way they're standing around it would seem they were discussing their defensive structure with the player off the field and only got as far as Boyd at the back.

Pretty shitty call if the ref didn't give the team adequate time to reset before calling play on.

A couple years back Josh Jackson (I believe) was in talking to the ref, but the ref called play on before he got back into position and they scored the very next tackle.

The NSWRL blew up when it happened, but if that's what's happened here then it's been absolute crickets... as expected

No real excuse for them still being out of position 2 tackles later when they scored though... that's a total lack of communication from Oates, Milford, Boyd (fullback should see the overlap) and potentially Glenn (he may not have been aware of the situation in left center, but he probably should've pushed milf out one and called the inside men to cover second row).

Last edited:
broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
This is how we're lining up based on info from Chris Garry & Joel Gould today:

1. Niu
2. Oates
3. Boyd
4. Farnworth
5. Coates
6. Milford
7. Croft
8. Lodge
9. Luke
10. Haas
11. Glenn (c)
12. Pangai Jr
13. Ofahengaue

14. Paix
15. Isaako
16. Te'o
17. Kennedy

What a fucking joke. I wish I was able to get tickets to this game so I could go and boo Seibold. I fucking disgusting to drop Isaako when Oates, Milford and Boyd have been some of the worst players in the game at least since the restart (longer for Oates and Boyd). Apparently the fat **** doesn't read the media so maybe he needs it shouted to his face.

I am absolutely disgusted by this club and I want to know exactly how those 3 fuckheads look themselves in the mirror when they are still getting picked over someone like Isaako who is at least trying his guts out.

**** the Broncos, I have never been more disillusioned with this club than I am right now.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013

Wtf is Milford looking at ...

Purple Pills

Purple Pills

NRL Player
Jul 13, 2017
As bad as Seibold has been shit like this is not a coaching issue.

Whilst I don’t disagree with this, it is the coaches job to make players performances accountable.

The fact is our RHS defense of Coates and Farnworth even look more competent than the senior guys in Boyd and Oates on the left which is very troubling.

We keep hearing coaches quoted as saying that in terms of throwing inexperienced guys into the furnace could be detrimental to their development and scar them and affect their career.

I’ll argue that it is more detrimental to a young guys career when in this instance, Isaako sits in a video editing room with the squad doing the post match review and he sees that diabolical LHS defense of guys with many years more experience than him, whilst he is at least performing at an adequate level and then has Seibold look him dead in the eye and say ‘Jamayne your out of the starting 13 this week, Milford, Boyd and Oates you’ll keep your positions as per normal’

What is that going to do these young guys careers when they see guys on 5 times as much money as them make school boy errors and not compete and contributing to being absolutely roasted in games? If I’m honest and I was a player with no ties to the Broncos I would be on my phone to my manager telling me to get me the **** out of here.

Culhwch

Culhwch

NRL Captain
Mar 28, 2008
The bench makes more sense if you see Oates' wing as part of it. Oates shifts into the forwards, and Isaako comes onto his wing.

I'd prefer to see Dearden in for Paix, in preparation for replacing Milford. Ambivalent on Paix vs Luke at hooker.

Yeah, that certainly makes sense, but I'd be happier if they were just switched from the start, given Isaako has the ability to go eighty on the wing and Oates could provide fresh impact off the bench in the backrow. Bringing on a fresh back and moving a tired Oates into the pack seems pretty low impact, and it's not like the strategy of bringing a bench back on in the last twenty or thirty has had any success thus far.

Purple Pills

Purple Pills

NRL Player
Jul 13, 2017
What a fucking joke. I wish I was able to get tickets to this game so I could go and boo Seibold. I fucking disgusting to drop Isaako when Oates, Milford and Boyd have been some of the worst players in the game at least since the restart (longer for Oates and Boyd). Apparently the fat **** doesn't read the media so maybe he needs it shouted to his face.

I am absolutely disgusted by this club and I want to know exactly how those 3 fuckheads look themselves in the mirror when they are still getting picked over someone like Isaako who is at least trying his guts out.

**** the Broncos, I have never been more disillusioned with this club than I am right now.

I’m a rusted on supporter for over 20 years and have supported them since I first ever started following professional sports and can only count on one hand the games I have missed watching in that time because of social events. But this will be one of the only instances I may watch the game and actually cheer for the opposition from start to finish if that is the team that gets put out when you take into consideration all the contradiction coming out from the coach and the board. It’s disheartening to admit that.

A small consolation win against an opposition we should paste every day of the week is not going to be good long term for the club nor will it calm the anger of the hardcore fan base who can see what is going on. So it’s a lose lose scenario this week and I’d rather we get embarrassed by the worst team in the comp because then we the club can’t even say it’s a NSW thing. What pisses me off the most is I thought the Eels final would be the catalyst for the hard decisions that need to be made to move forward, yet we have had at least 2 repeat performances in the 6 games since.

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014

Is Teo a front rower though? We have one front rower in Kennedy on the bench.

Purple Pills

Purple Pills

NRL Player
Jul 13, 2017
I’ll finish with this...

If Michael Maguire got the head coach role at Brisbane, I would bet my house that Boyd and Milford wouldn’t be playing this weekend. FACT

What he is doing at the Tigers is exactly what needs to be done in Brisbane. Dropping Benji was a huge statement and even bigger when you consider he was playing at a higher standard than Milford is for us. He also dropped a club stalwart in Chris Lawrence whilst Darius still masquerades around the field thinking he is still a first grader.

The difference is one club has a coach with a non nonsense approach with an experienced hard edge and a zero tolerance mentality who will hold players accountable to get the club where it needs to be and doesn’t make excuses.

The other club has a clueless coach who rode on the coattails of the other said coaches work to earn himself a premature 6 year deal where he has brought in systems that no one understand or adheres to, a soft underbelly attitude where no one is held accountable and is more worried about not upsetting the senior playing group than what we are producing on the field. Also has an excuse for every single scenario presented to him.

At least one thing we have over the Tigers is consistency. We consistently get roasted in games, we consistently look clueless, we consistently make excuses and we are consistent in making our coach fit in with our senior players by giving out over bloated contracts that haven’t been earned or aren’t performing anywhere close to that value.

Just waiting for seasons end when we finish bottom 4 with Seibold still doing the same shit as he is now and the board will come out post season and blame COVID-19 on absolutely everything that transpired throughout the season.

And if it gets to that point, I’ll hold up my end of the bargain and be consistent in not buying a membership and not spending a single cent on the club.

I can’t believe I currently have a Warriors membership for 2020 and not a Broncos one. Says it all.

Last edited:
Galah

Galah

State of Origin Rep
Mar 28, 2019
Surely isaako goes to wing and oats to bench? I’m living in the fucking matrix if the bench stays like that. FMD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Brocko
  • Big Del
  • Bucking Beads
  • Waynesaurus
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Harry Sack
  • TimWhatley
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Skyblues87
  • Galah
  • Fozz
  • winslow_wong
  • bb_gun
  • Hoof Hearted
  • GCBRONCO
  • Manofoneway
  • Allo
  • broncos4life
  • BroncosFan_Corey
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.