10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
the_next

the_next

NRL Captain
Mar 9, 2018
I'll start this out by saying I was well of the opinion that Seibold was the man to take this club into the future.
However, the more I think about this team and the coach, the more I am convinced he will not be coaching us in rd1 next year.
It is clear that he has absolutely no idea what he is doing.
The fact that Isaako is dropped at FB I believe is because Joey Johns on ch9, Thursday night said that he is not a fullback. The fact that Seibold will not drop the likes of Boyd I dare say is because there was probably an agreement in place with the club and Boyd that he can play out this year in the NRL on the agreement that he is off the cap in 2021 - not how you should be doing business.
The fact that he will not drop Milford is probably because Milford is well liked by his team mates, yet to every person with the slightest knowledge of NRL can see the bloke isn't up to it.

Seibold continues the stance that Dearden is not ready or is too young for 1st grade at this stage, yet coming into 2020 he had more NRL experience then Niu, Coates and Farnworth who all find themselves in the starting side.
Seibold is a reactive coach, but not in the correct manner. He is listening too much to his playing group and the media rather then stamping his authority and making the hard but necessary decisions. Look at the top coaches: Robinson, Bellamy, Stuart, Magiure along with probably any under 8's coach, they flat out would not have Boyd or Milford in their sides. They're a liability and to be honest if neither were out there I don't think anything would change on the scoreboard.
There is no better game to put Dearden in the halves then against the Titans. Even if he came off the bench and played 30-40mins, it'd give us some hope.
He seems to be continually named in the extended squad, is flown around the place with the team, forced to get in his pre-match gear and pretend like he is going to play when mentally he probably feels like he is being absolutely screwed over by the club.
I know if I wasn't getting a gig behind the likes of Milford and Boyd I would be exploring my options.

Seibold is in far too deep and is now a passenger. He looks absolutely clueless.
It also doesn't help that this current board went all in on Seibold, so I don't expect they are going to come out and get rid of him as they will look like fools, but someone around the place needs to start making tough decisions.

Last edited:
Brocko

Brocko

NRL Captain
Contributor
Feb 23, 2014
$130 to get my 2 usual members tickets for my wife and I 🤔

Not going to lie, was blindly hoping for a bit more of a 'Members Discount' as they said.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008

Not going to lie, was blindly hoping for a bit more of a 'Members Discount' as they said.

what do they usually cost you?

Brocko

Brocko

NRL Captain
Contributor
Feb 23, 2014
what do they usually cost you?
$130 per match (for 2 tickets) works out far more expensive over the course of the year than what I pay for our yearly memberships.

Pretty certain I pay $950 or so for both memberships.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
As bad as Seibold has been shit like this is not a coaching issue.

I disagree. The players all look like they have no idea of what job is expected of them. Darius went to fullback when Isaako went off and apparently nobody was expecting that because look at the size of the whole.This isn’t a one off. Players look lost in defence, players look like they don’t know who’s meant to talk when they stand behind the posts after conceding. Our attack is bunched and disjointed. Our edge defence are all playing different styles, some running up, some sliding, some waiting for contact, none seemingly aware of which style the guy next to them is playing at any given time.

it’s a lack of leadership on the field and a lack of coaching off of it imo. This would never happen at the storm, roosters, or manly.

I’m not death riding Seibold. I was on the fence about Bennett being moved on and carefully optimistic about Seibold’s signing. I’ve defended him a lot over the last 12 months and given him benefit of the doubt but this team looks so uncoached that I can’t blame anyone but him. I’m not completely off him yet, he has had the odds stacked against him to start this season but I’m running out of excuses for him.

NSW stables

NSW stables

NRL Player
May 3, 2019
0769e697e6c55e39e95130126f29e744.jpg
The other concern with this particular image, is we have a trainer on the field (not alf who usually sports the blue). Even the trainer is not screaming to get players out to the left.

What hope does the team have when the coaching staff are just as clueless.

I will always support the broncos but it is so painful to watch them at the moment. I am much preferring watching the roosters, parra and other teams play due to the quality of their games.

Rico

Rico

QCup Player
Jun 4, 2016

They been pretty accomodating to roll them over next year at no extra cost regardless of the outcomes this year though. You've done well to have got up in the ballot.
$130 to watch us play out of form against the graveyeard of rugby league is a big ask though

Last edited:
Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
Why do people want Oates in the forwards unironically? It's rewarding him for being shit at the job we signed him for (winger) and we have better edge fowards even with Fifita out. He shouldn't be stealing minutes from Glenn or TPJ.

Painin the Haas

Painin the Haas

NRL Player
Nov 10, 2013
Apparently Paix left training with a possible shoulder injury according to Fox League early mail

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Apparently Paix left training with a possible shoulder injury according to Fox League early mail
Would this give Dearden a chance of being in the side now?

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Why do people want Oates in the forwards unironically? It's rewarding him for being shit at the job we signed him for (winger) and we have better edge fowards even with Fifita out. He shouldn't be stealing minutes from Glenn or TPJ.

because he isn’t imo one of our top two available wingers, and we are short of forwards due to injuries and suspensions. He isn’t being rewarded by playing 2nd row, he’s being benched, and if his form does not permit a top 17 spot when players come back then he will have to deal with being dropped and earning a spot in the 17

The Strapper

The Strapper

NRL Player
Contributor
Apr 21, 2015
I thought during pre season the talk was that Boyd would never get anywhere near the required quota of 15 games?
Yes I heard that too it was supposedly to trigger his option for next year but it doesn't matter now because he has said he is retiring at the end of this season.
Would have been interesting to see if he had got to 15 games if it meant he was going to play on next year though.

theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
Yes I heard that too it was supposedly to trigger his option for next year but it doesn't matter now because he has said he is retiring at the end of this season.
Would have been interesting to see if he had got to 15 games if it meant he was going to play on next year though.

if it is true he could always change his mind about retiring after 15 games 😂

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

Now Chris Garry reckons that Isaako will play from the bench, man this **** is really fucking with me today.

Last edited:
The Strapper

The Strapper

NRL Player
Contributor
Apr 21, 2015

Not sure what tickets you get but my season membership is normally $490 from memory which works out just over $40 per game.
Just got some tickets for this game for $30 each (plus booking fee of $5.95or whatever they call it) in the same section as my normal season tickets.
Not complaining about the seating deal but as for the teams performance this Saturday well that could be another story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Broncorob
  • BroncosAlways
  • Financeguy
  • Bish
  • Allo
  • Skyblues87
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.