10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
K-Style

K-Style

NRL Player
Jun 1, 2014
If Isaako is dropped completely for Nui and Boyd and Milford retain positions in the 13, then I Hope Gold Coast stick a knife through us and really out the pressure on Seibold.

Because like clockwork, they will use the suspensions and Niu replacing Isaako as evidence they have made their changes whilst giving Milford and Boyd and Oates a free ride. Claims Dearden hasn’t played enough football, yet they’ll quite happily pick Niu who has been in the same boat as Dearden this season in regards playing time, simply because picking Niu doesn’t push Milford or Darius out of the side.

That 17 mentioned earlier gets named it is the final bit of proof I have needed to convince myself that Seibold doesn’t have the balls to drop senior players because he is scared of losing the dressing room. When it gets to that stage where you are not holding the players responsible accountable, then it’s only going to get worse.

How on fucking earth can you reward this defense? Hands on hips Oates and Milford not even looking at the ball with gaps wider than the Hume Highway on that LHS defense. And you wonder why fans are pissed off?

0769e697e6c55e39e95130126f29e744.jpg

Where is Darius? Oates may as well stand with hand on hipa. Tpu could fit the Bruce hwy between him and the next defender.

F

Footy Fanatic

NRL Player
Dec 12, 2018
Confirmed Paix will not play this weekend.
SURELY Dearden is in the 17 now, surely, surely , surely.

Will probably just have Isaako come off the bench to play hooker...

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Confirmed Paix will not play this weekend.
SURELY Dearden is in the 17 now, surely, surely , surely.

Will be Isaako according to Chris Garry. why on earth wouldn't Dearden ask for a release at this point?

F

Footy Fanatic

NRL Player
Dec 12, 2018
Would have been the perfect game to play Dearden... Seibold's selections are baffling

Skyblues87

Skyblues87

QCup Player
Feb 9, 2017
I thought during pre season the talk was that Boyd would never get anywhere near the required quota of 15 games?
Doesnt matter now. The 15 games was to trigger another year and he is now retiring. However hope he doesn't reach the 15 games as the prick could change his mind.

Galah

Galah

State of Origin Rep
Mar 28, 2019
Has to be dearden
[automerge]1592891060[/automerge]
Honestly what are our training sessions? We get injured at training and we don’t look fit on the field.....wtf

Last edited:
P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
The only thing I'd say is that shot is the tap after Isaako got binned.

It could be suggested that the ref didn't wait for us to get back into position before allowing the tap to be taken, but I can't recall what he might've been saying over the mic.

The way they're standing around it would seem they were discussing their defensive structure with the player off the field and only got as far as Boyd at the back.

Pretty shitty call if the ref didn't give the team adequate time to reset before calling play on.

A couple years back Josh Jackson (I believe) was in talking to the ref, but the ref called play on before he got back into position and they scored the very next tackle.

The NSWRL blew up when it happened, but if that's what's happened here then it's been absolute crickets... as expected

No real excuse for them still being out of position 2 tackles later when they scored though... that's a total lack of communication from Oates, Milford, Boyd (fullback should see the overlap) and potentially Glenn (he may not have been aware of the situation in left center, but he probably should've pushed milf out one and called the inside men to cover second row).
Yeah, even some Newcastle players look like they're waiting for a call. Wouldn't surprise me if Pearce has tapped and gone and the refs let it play out.

P

pagey

State of Origin Rep
Aug 19, 2013
I disagree. The players all look like they have no idea of what job is expected of them. Darius went to fullback when Isaako went off and apparently nobody was expecting that because look at the size of the whole.This isn’t a one off. Players look lost in defence, players look like they don’t know who’s meant to talk when they stand behind the posts after conceding. Our attack is bunched and disjointed. Our edge defence are all playing different styles, some running up, some sliding, some waiting for contact, none seemingly aware of which style the guy next to them is playing at any given time.

it’s a lack of leadership on the field and a lack of coaching off of it imo. This would never happen at the storm, roosters, or manly.

I’m not death riding Seibold. I was on the fence about Bennett being moved on and carefully optimistic about Seibold’s signing. I’ve defended him a lot over the last 12 months and given him benefit of the doubt but this team looks so uncoached that I can’t blame anyone but him. I’m not completely off him yet, he has had the odds stacked against him to start this season but I’m running out of excuses for him.
Seibold is in control of the defense structures to I think.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
With Dearden well under done due to no QLD Cup, I imagine the risk of injury is higher.

If Seibold is looking to drop Milford if he doesn't pick up his act very soon, perhaps he is keeping Dearden on ice for that reason.

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
I remember Bullemor was kinda hyped last year or the year before. He hasn't really impressed in the way Flegler and Carrigan have at times, though I guess he hasn't had a lot of opportunities either. Is he still a long term serious option?
[automerge]1592892654[/automerge]
With Dearden well under done due to no QLD Cup, I imagine the risk of injury is higher.

If Seibold is looking to drop Milford if he doesn't pick up his act very soon, perhaps he is keeping Dearden on ice for that reason.

Could just bring him in on the bench to play a bit of hooker for a few rounds to get some match fitness. He's not a hooker, but we've played Glenn there before who is even less of a hooker.

Last edited:
Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
I remember Bullemor was kinda hyped last year or the year before. He hasn't really impressed in the way Flegler and Carrigan have at times, though I guess he hasn't had a lot of opportunities either. Is he still a long term serious option?
[automerge]1592892654[/automerge]

Could just bring him in on the bench to play a bit of hooker for a few rounds to get some match fitness. He's not a hooker, but we've played Glenn there before who is even less of a hooker.

Bullemor is a very good prospect, but he has kind of been forced into coming into the team as an edge back rower which is a role he needs to learn more in ISC.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
That bench is disgusting.

That tends to happen when your side is ravaged by injuries and suspensions. The depth department doesn't make for a good looking bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• MasterWright
  • Porthoz
  • Aldo
  • Johnny92
  • phoenix
  • Astro
  • Santa
  • FACTHUNT
  • Behold
  • Xzei
  • Kev_Guz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.