Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
***** sakes. So TPJ gets charged for his name, given his shoulder was clearly separated, and Carrigan gets charged and sinbinned for a less late hit than our halves cop regularly with no penalty given at all. **** this bullshit.

TPJ wasn't charged

Accept

Accept

NRL Captain
Sep 27, 2016
***** sakes. So TPJ gets charged for his name, given his shoulder was clearly separated, and Carrigan gets charged and sinbinned for a less late hit than our halves cop regularly with no penalty given at all. **** this bullshit.
TPJ didn't get charged. I'm struggling to remember the Flegler incident. When did this happen?

Morepudding

Morepudding

NRL Captain
Dec 16, 2015
Lodge is one of the worst forwards in the game I think. Let's a lot of offloads get out in defence and basically never Bends the line. Him and Joffa truly suck.

Kooly87

Kooly87

NRL Captain
Jun 2, 2017
All fine except the millenials part.

If you don't want them to pick Millenials, you're going to have to recruit out of the retirement village because even the oldest players in the NRL these days are technically Millenials.

For example even James Graham was born in 1985 and that absolutely makes him a Millenial.

Galah

Galah

State of Origin Rep
Mar 28, 2019
Lodge is one of the worst forwards in the game I think. Let's a lot of offloads get out in defence and basically never Bends the line. Him and Joffa truly suck.
He needs that knee fixed he may as well do it now because he’s just making up the numbers atm, Zero leg drive after contact.

abashii

abashii

NRL Player
Contributor
Jul 14, 2014
TPJ didn't get charged. I'm struggling to remember the Flegler incident. When did this happen?
Yeah I cocked that up, mea culpa. From elsewhere, "Flegler will also be banned one match even if he enters an early guilty plea unless he can prove his innocence over a 43rd-minute incident involving Newcastle forward Sione Mata'utia." No further details at the moment but I don't recall anything.

Purple Pills

Purple Pills

NRL Player
Jul 13, 2017
a80b7ca3d99bbdf854aa58e8c710813c.jpg

Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013
Can you link me to the club’s email address?

Thinking of sending them a scathing email myself no holds barred

I replied to:
membermail@broncos.com.au

The also use:
info@broncos.com.au

As a public email address.
[automerge]1592533354[/automerge]
All fine except the millenials part.

If you don't want them to pick Millenials, you're going to have to recruit out of the retirement village because even the oldest players in the NRL these days are technically Millenials.

For example even James Graham was born in 1985 and that absolutely makes him a Millenial.

Not an issue with the generation, there are plenty in the NRL I’d pick in a heart beat.

Just the ones we have...

Last edited:
T

Thelmus

NRL Player
Apr 19, 2016
I'm not sure if Seibs can afford to chuck in a two gamer into a spine position and then replace his million dollar man for a 19 yo who hasn't played first grade for over a year.

It might seem like it's moving forward when you drop a couple of struggling veterans but it's actually digging yourself deeper. The results won't change automatically and the deeper the Broncos fall in the standings, the sooner the coach will have to find a new line of work.
Id like to see him respond in point to each of the deficiencies shown in the the last three games.
We can excuse a lack of coordination in a side riddled with injury, and that our younger players will sometimes err. But what really concerned me was the shear lack of application to the basics of the game.
That second try, with one man beating three defenders on the try line was not of lack of experience or skill but pure indifference to the desperation expected in such circumstances and iconic of everything we have done in the last 3 games.
Its one thing to be caught out wide in an overlap. It's another to allow an overlap for 3 tackles until an opposition finally takes advantage. What does the winger think is going to happen? He should be screaming like murder for help.
We have forwards that struggle to make yards despite being immensely talented and strong. It's not just that defenders are awaiting enmasse our predictable hit ups (though they are) but that the forwards making them do so without any consideration of the success of the next play. Sometimes a five metre gain with a quick play-the-ball is more important than a slow waltz with defenders for eight, followed by an even slower play-the-ball.
I think our coach and players have been caught out at the impact of the six-again rule. But that should have been rectified after one loss. We have suffered three.
I seriously don't know if it would matter if we sack one player or the lot if our core strategies seem so inept.
P

V

Viti

NRL Player
Feb 2, 2011
Yeah I cocked that up, mea culpa. From elsewhere, "Flegler will also be banned one match even if he enters an early guilty plea unless he can prove his innocence over a 43rd-minute incident involving Newcastle forward Sione Mata'utia." No further details at the moment but I don't recall anything.

That’s because there was nothing, I’ve just gone back and watched the video and there was absolutely nothing in it, **** me

The Strapper

The Strapper

NRL Player
Contributor
Apr 21, 2015
edit: quoted deleted post

I'd say they will both miss next week.
This will give Siebold the perfect opportunity to make some changes without having to make any hard decisions to drop any forwards.
The real test will be what if anything he does about our backs.

Last edited by a moderator:
BroncsFan

BroncsFan

International Captain
Contributor
Jul 28, 2016
I can't find the post but someone referenced a late shot on one of our halves later in the game... I recall the incident was about 5mins after Carrigan's on Pearce where Croft was hit after passing the ball (we were in our own half and he was drifting right to left)... any chance we can get a photo of this and send it to those cheating NSWRL ***** in Sydney for a please explain why one was a penalty, sinbinning (the first time I can ever recall a player being sinbinned for it) and 1 week suspension, whilst the other didn't even warrant a penalty???

Just want see if their explanation is either that Croft should've laid down and held his neck or Croft was wearing a maroons jersey or Ponga had signed with Knights and not Broncos so we weren't required to win??

Kooly87

Kooly87

NRL Captain
Jun 2, 2017
Flegler seems to be suffering from a bit of second year syndrome at the moment and maybe needs to take a step back and rest up a bit.

It's easy to forget with freaks like Haas around redefining what rookie players are capable of that heaps of second year players go through the same thing and I'd be confident in saying Flegler will come good again with a bit of time. He's been poor but he's by no means our worst, nor is his form irredeemable at this point.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Please for the love of god give Flegler a spell along with Boyd. I’ve been saying it all year but he really is as fucking dumb as dogshit
Err, what exactly did he do wrong? No missed tackles, averaged over 9 metres a carry, averaged 4 post contact metres per tackle, one penalty( nothing in it either but you know, it's a Bronco) no handling errors. In short he had nothing for which to be ashamed. Even his ptb speed was the same as his fellow forwards, Carrigan, Haas, Lodge, TPJ etc. I just don't get the hate🤔 Surely it cannot be the single penalty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Lurker
  • Financeguy
  • Manofoneway
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • GCBRONCO
  • Lostboy
  • Culhwch
  • Tim K
  • Santa
  • Bucking Beads
  • Mr Fourex
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Spooky1013
  • Jazza
  • Mustafur
  • Browny
  • Xzei
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.