vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haas to 2nd row. I posted this elsewhere. Any thoughts?

"Move Haas to the 2nd row. He can be our version of Kickau. They are almost the same size. Haas and Fifita on the edges ... hmmm. TPJ to prop. Oates to bench 2nd row only. Never to wing again."

Aside from his effectiveness breaking tackles, offloading, and speed for a very big guy, I am concerned that he looked more and more deflated v Knights. A change might be the holiday he needs ... um, no, I might retract that metaphor ... everyone in the team seems to be having a holiday at the moment, a holiday from reality.

Nevertheless, Haas to 2nd row and TPJ to prop where his options for brain explosions are reduced. At least he has the venom in his tackles and lots of energy which Haas seems to have lost and man do we need some starch in the middle right now.

Here's my ideal lineup at full strength

1. Nui
2. Coates
3. Stags
4. Farnworth
5. Issako
6. Dearden
7. Croft
8. Hass
9. Luke
10 Carrigan
11 Fifta
12 Glenn/Oates
13 TPJ

14 Paix/Milf
15 Kennedy
16 Oates
17 Offa

** Oates getting the minutes in forward before taking over Glenn when his retired

** Flegler needs to be dropped and understand the new rules. His our Penalty giver

** Paix wasn't he a half in the lower grades before making the move to hooker. His shown no kicking game from dummy half. At least we had Macca help out the halves.

** Tanah Boyd should have kept him instead rather then Paix. His coming off the bench for the Titans as dummy half but showing more talent with his kicking.

Also the longer we keep Dearden out of the 17, the more he'll have thoughts of the other offers from teams.

This reminds me of when we lost Ash Taylor who was behind Milf and Hunt. Hope this doesn't happen the second time around.

I get the idea, but he doesn’t really have that lateral movement. He’s a middle through and through for mine. Plus, who do we then play at prop to do the hard yards? Tontine Lodge certainly isn’t that bloke. Offa? TPJ, yeah maybe, if he can stay on the field. Flegler isn’t on a good role at the moment, but in the first two rounds I’d have been happy with him starting at prop.

I take your point. Thing is, when it comes to lateral movement, TPJ and Oates both fall into the same category. Watching TPJ's hit on Klemmer is what we need in the middle to inspire this team. I can't recall Haas hitting hard like that, and as for Lodge, yep, Tontine is the perfect descriptor.

Man we lack defensive strike in the middle.
[automerge]1592611722[/automerge]
Also the longer we keep Dearden out of the 17, the more he'll have thoughts of the other offers from teams.

This reminds me of when we lost Ash Taylor who was behind Milf and Hunt. Hope this doesn't happen the second time around.

If Dearden, who is 19, doesn't want to serve his apprenticeship here, then for mine he can go.

Last edited:
If Dearden, who is 19, doesn't want to serve his apprenticeship here, then for mine he can go.

If dearden is in fact serving an apprenticeship and wants to learn as much as possible on how to be the best halfback then maybe he should go elsewhere to find it. What’s he learning here from the likes of Croft and Milford? Seibold teaching him how to manage a game?

Better off giving the keys to Dearden and let him develop and make some mistakes along the way to grow. Look at the Panthers and how they handed the #7 to a young 19yr old Cleary.

Plus Milf hasn't done much for the past 2-3 season's.

You know I wouldn't be surprised if the young guys are struggling with the right version of aggression that is required.

They dont go hard enough and they're slammed by the fans and also they get run over by the opposition.

They go too hard and they concede penalties and are put on report.

Not sure what the answer is there.
It is called technique and fitness. In my ARL card collecting days on the back of Paul Harragons card it said the hardest hitter he has ever played was Garry Larson. He said something along the lines of "it wasn't that he hit you the hardest one time", "It was that he hit just as hard multiple times" or something like that. The point was Gary could just keep on hitting you all day and hard, because he was fit and had great technique. Chief was pointing out that Larson was going to get you over and over in a game and you would be feeling every one of them right on into the following days. A great compliment.

Eventually this is more dominating then one big hit. Klemmer was hit hard the other night by TPJ but still dominated all of our pack with his running stats. That hit did nothing in relation to the game except provide a highlight and put TPJ at risk of weeks on the sideline. Our first and second contacts are poor, I actually think Pat is the closest to working it out but frustration got to him a bit also. Our problem in d is effective tackles and uncontrolled aggression that is actually bubbling up from frustration. Get the boys hitting, sticking and driving the opposition back.

Seibs has got to stop being their mates, no more "milli and crofty" that sounds soft anyway. Get them fit, get them disciplined, put them in the furnace until they love being there. Because right now they are playing soft and looking for the easy way out and attitude reflects leadership.

If dearden is in fact serving an apprenticeship and wants to learn as much as possible on how to be the best halfback then maybe he should go elsewhere to find it. What’s he learning here from the likes of Croft and Milford? Seibold teaching him how to manage a game?

I thought Alfie might have a say in half back development, or is his job to carry water and oranges. In fact, given the current failure of Milf's and Croft's combinations and organisation of the middle, what exactly does Alfie do?

Last edited:
Flegler is not a big loss atm. Honestly, I'd even say Carrigan isn't a huge loss either still (and I know I'm posting that in the Carrigan fan club). They are both still a bit loose, maybe because they are still really young (Flegs is still 19 or something? Not everyone is Haas). Hopefully this will get guys like Ofa and Lodge to actually lift their game too and maybe get back into form.

Flegler is not a big loss atm. Honestly, I'd even say Carrigan isn't a huge loss either still (and I know I'm posting that in the Carrigan fan club). They are both still a bit loose, maybe because they are still really young (Flegs is still 19 or something? Not everyone is Haas). Hopefully this will get guys like Ofa and Lodge to actually lift their game too and maybe get back into form.

In the dog's breakfast we have at the moment, even Haas's form has fallen from those recent lofty heights. His defence is frankly, awful. Flegler's attitude has declined from the 1st two rounds, Lodge is soft in attack and defence. All our young guns need mentoring apart from having some inspiration injected into the whole side.

Analysis and spreadsheets by and of themselves are not enough. I think that aspect of Seibold's coaching style needs scrutiny.

I have watched them thanks. They are a bottom 2 football team still clearly. Do you actually think they'll be favourites? They have a long way to come in from their current $3 outsider status. 🤔
Since the resumption which team has the vastly superior record? No, I don't think they'll be favourite but weight of money dictates who becomes favourite. The Tits don't have the same class of players as the Broncos but they are playing for their coach and as so many Qld Origin sides have proven over the years, sometimes that's enough.

I'd guess you won't see any side put 55+ on the Tits, they appear to be more desperate and certainly are more deserving than our entitled prima donnas. Considering they don't have the weight of the most wealthy club behind them they are clearly showing that on present form they're a superior team. Mind you I hope we slaughter them🙏

Plenty of people
It is called technique and fitness. In my ARL card collecting days on the back of Paul Harragons card it said the hardest hitter he has ever played was Garry Larson. He said something along the lines of "it wasn't that he hit you the hardest one time", "It was that he hit just as hard multiple times" or something like that. The point was Gary could just keep on hitting you all day and hard, because he was fit and had great technique. Chief was pointing out that Larson was going to get you over and over in a game and you would be feeling every one of them right on into the following days. A great compliment.

Eventually this is more dominating then one big hit. Klemmer was hit hard the other night by TPJ but still dominated all of our pack with his running stats. That hit did nothing in relation to the game except provide a highlight and put TPJ at risk of weeks on the sideline. Our first and second contacts are poor, I actually think Pat is the closest to working it out but frustration got to him a bit also. Our problem in d is effective tackles and uncontrolled aggression that is actually bubbling up from frustration. Get the boys hitting, sticking and driving the opposition back.

Seibs has got to stop being their mates, no more "milli and crofty" that sounds soft anyway. Get them fit, get them disciplined, put them in the furnace until they love being there. Because right now they are playing soft and looking for the easy way out and attitude reflects leadership.

People who call him Milly need to get with the program and call him Milf. Fucking frustrating

Most of his work is corporate stuff. Yeah he runs the bottles, but in the corporate boxes before and after a game, he’s the star attraction.

What a waste when our halves need him the most.

Again, easy to say from a couch but for this match, in attack i would be giving them very simple instructions. If the player next to you has the ball, you should be up there with them.

Fullback: Run through and give the forwards a support option that isnt flat footed. Even if you dont get the ball the first 15 times you run through continue to do it.

Hooker: for forward hit ups, skip out and engage the markers so that they dont pick our forwards off. For the backline straight pass out to the half. Without delay.

Middle forwards: get deep and catch the ball at minimum 50-60% sprinting speed. Find your front if the ball is wrapped or look for a safe offload if arm is free.

2nd rowers: get deep and run a slight angled run between the centre and half (or half's inside shoulder if it is a pre-determined second man play). Run through that gap when ever the ball gets wide whether you get it or not.

Halves: get deep, kick the forwards out of the backline (cant stand this middle forward passing to a half to start a backline, they are too slow and fool noone). If it is a longer backline, the halves should link. The half takes the ball to the line at speed, aiming to get on the outside of the opposing 2nd rower and engage the opposition half. Vary response to this shape by using eyes up footy and either dummying and running, hitting the second rower, hitting the fullback sweeping, going directly to the centre or putting a kick behind the line.

Centres and wingers: position yourself to get the ball on the outside of you opposing player. Chase kicks, call for kicks behind the line when the defence is using up and in or aggressive line speed out wide.

If we can manage these basics we can try to attempt more challenging shapes.

1. Niu
2. Isaako
3. Farnworth
4. Boyd
5. Coates
6. Dearden
7. Croft
8. Lodge
9. Luke
10. Haas
11. Oates
12. Glenn
13. Pangai jnr
14. Milford
15. Te’o
16. Ofehangue
17. Kennedy

Never said he was our biggest issue. I am just stating the fact that he still a big issue and he can't just be let go because others are playing even worse. I would prefer Nikorima at halfback over him, he isn't a halfback. I would actually prefer him at hooker.
Honestly for the sake of your dignity your joking aren’t you

1. Milford
2. Issako
3. Farnsworth
4. Niu
5. Coats
6. Dearden
7. Croft
8. Lodge
9. Luke
10. Hass
11. Alex Glen
12. Oats
13. TPJ
14. Paix
15. Teo
16. Kennedy
17. Offa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Strop
  • Xzei
  • Broncosgirl
  • Footy Fanatic
  • winslow_wong
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Jazza
  • I bleed Maroon
  • achievedrap
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Bish
  • Dazza 92
  • Bucking Beads
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.