vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
He truly is the forgotten man. Can’t see him sticking around.

It's because he's playing 4th fiddle behind Milford, Croft and Dearden. Honestly I haven't seen Croft do anything that SoS couldn't do last year so he may yet get a shot when he returns from injury.

Honestly I think if we lose to the Titans (5th straight loss and this time shit opposition), Seibold will be over and out the following Monday.

Last edited:
anyone else watch the manly raiders match? The kind of defence and aggression manly put in that match just puts us to absolute shame. Every player had each other's backs and showed great pride in their jersey. That's the kind of footy we need to play and won't until broncos show pride in their own jerseys.
I don't even like either team but was great to watch Manly grind it out like that. Can't say we have the same commitment

anyone else watch the manly raiders match? The kind of defence and aggression manly put in that match just puts us to absolute shame. Every player had each other's backs and showed great pride in their jersey. That's the kind of footy we need to play and won't until broncos show pride in their own jerseys.
Can’t believe I’m saying this but I’ve really enjoyed watching Manly the last 18 months. They had a heavy injury toll last year and gutsed it out deep into the finals. They still play with that same determination so if they get a full strength side they’ll be hard to beat. Would love to see Brisbane play like that. Other than the refereeing, I wasn’t pissed off when we lost to Manly 2 weeks ago given the attitude they showed.

Last edited:
It's because he's playing 4th fiddle behind Milford, Croft and Dearden. Honestly I haven't seen Croft do anything that SoS couldn't do last year so he may yet get a shot when he returns from injury.

Honestly I think if we lose to the Titans (5th straight loss and this time shit opposition), Seibold will be over and out the following Monday.

He was already pretty slow before the injury.. he could be at Macca levels of slow once he returns.

Can’t believe I’m saying this but I’ve really enjoyed watching Manly the last 18 months. They had a heavy injury toll last year and gutsed it out deep into the finals. They still play with that same determination so if they get a full strength side they’ll be hard to beat. Would love to see Brisbane play like that. Other than the refereeing, I wasn’t pissed off when we lost to Manly 2 weeks ago given the attitude they showed.
I recently said this to one of my mates. Never would have imagined this would be the case but they've grown on me. They are a tough team who were decimated by injuries last year and kept on turning up like they did today. Apart from Dylan Walker the piece of the shit, most of their players aren't grubby like some of their players in the past and the Trbojevic brothers are likeable young fellas.

I came across this last night, it was filmed just after the Eels game.

It's well worth a watch, a couple of points that stood out to me.

- The pre-season was intense and it sounded like the most difficult pre-season either had gone through but they were in the best shape of their lives. Everytime the team was struggling, Lodge would constantly remind them of the 58-0 game and that was their extra motivation.

- Patty was riding a high after the first two weeks and the boys were feeling confident. Riki didn't have the same luck, he tore his MCL against the Cutters 15 minutes into his season. Felt like he wasn't too far off from making his debut.

- Patty didn't know what the six agains were for against the Eels and how the referees will just yell six again, wave their arms and the alarm will go off. The theatrics of it just sends everything into a frenzy

- Patty was quick to rap Haas and Turpin for their performances. Pat is a huge fan of Haas and would have him in his SC team no questions asked. Pat gave Turps a huge wrap for his 65 tackles.

- Riki was set to be right for the resumption, but then he suffered a high ankle sprain after Turps injured him. He reckon he'd be right in 3 weeks time (so this week), they also believe Fifita should be right in 4

- They only just became roomies before lockdown. They get along pretty well, Riki is a massive clean freak but otherwise they rotate the cooking. Riki rates Patty as a cook and is constantly asking him for tips.

- The team plays a lot of Fortnite and CoD. Herbie is the best at Fortnite and basically spends all his time on it. He's got bit of a rep for being cocky and Patty told this story about his debut and how Herbie gave Gal some lip. The mic cuts out so I couldn't make out what he said, but he's one of those blokes who knows he's good.

- Carrigan talked about the culture and how there's a lot of banter between the boys and they're all like big children. Even Matty Gillett who was the gun in the team when he joined was a massive man child constantly pulling pranks.

- Also touched on how he was supposed to make his debut in 2018 but the development rules prevented him and Fleg through out. Apparently before that 2018 game against the Raiders, Fifita was at a shopping centre a few hours before the game when he got the call.

- When Patty was given his debut, it was no secret. The boys were coming off a bad loss to the Roosters and Seibs told him and Haas they'd be in the team. In the lead up to the game a few of the old boys like Lockyer and Civoniceiva both sent him sms messages which was a surreal moment for him.

- The boys are really inspired to stick together and win that premiership since a lot of them were only kids when the Broncos won in '06.

Last edited:

I came across this last night, it was filmed just after the Eels game.

It's well worth a watch, a couple of points that stood out to me.

- The pre-season was intense and it sounded like the most difficult pre-season either had gone through but they were in the best shape of their lives. Everytime the team was struggling, Lodge would constantly remind them of the 58-0 game and that was their extra motivation.

- Patty was riding a high after the first two weeks and the boys were feeling confident. Riki didn't have the same luck, he tore his MCL against the Cutters 15 minutes into his season. Felt like he wasn't too far off from making his debut.

- Patty didn't know what the six agains were for against the Eels and how the referees will just yell six again, wave their arms and the alarm will go off. The theatrics of it just sends everything into a frenzy

- Patty was quick to rap Haas and Turpin for their performances. Pat is a huge fan of Haas and would have him in his SC team no questions asked. Pat gave Turps a huge wrap for his 65 tackles.

- Riki was set to be right for the resumption, but then he suffered a high ankle sprain after Turps injured him. He reckon he'd be right in 3 weeks time (so this week), they also believe Fifita should be right in 4

- They only just became roomies before lockdown. They get along pretty well, Riki is a massive clean freak but otherwise they rotate the cooking. Riki rates Patty as a cook and is constantly asking him for tips.

- The team plays a lot of Fortnite and CoD. Herbie is the best at Fortnite and basically spends all his time on it. He's got bit of a rep for being cocky and Patty told this story about his debut and how Herbie gave Gal some lip. The mic cuts out so I couldn't make out what he said, but he's one of those blokes who knows he's good.

- Carrigan talked about the culture and how there's a lot of banter between the boys and they're all like big children. Even Matty Gillett who was the gun in the team when he joined was a massive man child constantly pulling pranks.

- Also touched on how he was supposed to make his debut in 2018 but the development rules prevented him and Fleg through out. Apparently before that 2018 game against the Raiders, Fifita was at a shopping centre a few hours before the game when he got the call.

- When Patty was given his debut, it was no secret. The boys were coming off a bad loss to the Roosters and Seibs told him and Haas they'd be in the team. In the lead up to the game a few of the old boys like Lockyer and Civoniceiva both sent him sms messages which was a surreal moment for him.

- The boys are really inspired to stick together and win that premiership since a lot of them were only kids when the Broncos won in '06.

Cheers for the insight Pete.

I've always been intrigued by Riki, saw a couple of his games for Norths last year and thought he was impressive, big physical second rower.

He was well ahead of the likes of Hopoate and Bullemore heading in to the season, was supposed to debut in Round 1 prior to that injury.

Unfortunately I don't think he's overly close to returning given he's still in a moon boot as of 3 days ago:

Cheers for the insight Pete.

I've always been intrigued by Riki, saw a couple of his games for Norths last year and thought he was impressive, big physical second rower.

He was well ahead of the likes of Hopoate and Bullemore heading in to the season, was supposed to debut in Round 1 prior to that injury.

Unfortunately I don't think he's overly close to returning given he's still in a moon boot as of 3 days ago:

View attachment 8249

I just went back and listened to it, it's 34:00 in if you want his explanation, but he suffered the sprain about five days before the interview (so I presume the week of the Eels game) and he said he should be sweet in 3-4 weeks.

It's usually a 4-6 week recovery according to google, so he's probably due back in Round 8 or 9.

Yeah we did rather well against Manly. Probably would have won had it not been for the appalling refereeing and some shitty edge defence. Was good to see the potential of the Staggs - Coates combination and Milford's kicking game to Coates. Showed our potential there with some of our best players turning up in the first half against a Manly team with 18 players

One things for sure, I would rather a player give away a 6 again because they've come in late to help their teammates dominate the tackle than for a player to stand there watching the opposition player drive towards our line.

There is so many examples over the last month of players being spectators in the defensive line 'assuming' the guys already in the tackle had it covered. It's such a lazy mentality to have. Nobody doing the 1%ers anymore.

This. The team isn't winning any contact and under the new rules things can snowball very quickly. Andrew Johns pointed it out after the Knights loss. There was a kick-off return where Haas was left to make a one-on-one tackle. From there the set is shot. Less time to get set at marker, get back ten, and any attempt to win back control in the ruck looks worse because the other team has earned a quick play-the-ball.

Agree with the 'let someone else handle it' mentality in defence which to me is the biggest reflection of the side's attitude. Trying to preserve one's own stocks, which doesn't work in the long run.

Don't think anything changes until the pack hunts as a collective. Lodge should be dropped until his movement is better. Was a loping passenger in the middle last week.

8 Haas 9 Paix 10 Flegler 11 Teo 12 Glenn 13 TPJ
14 Luke 15 Ofahengaue 16 Hopoate (?) 17 Kennedy

No Flegler or Carrigan for this one. Both took early pleas

CM report:

BRONCOS vs TITANS

Patrick Carrigan
and Tom Flegler out on suspension.
Joe Ofahengaue into lock.
Rhys Kennedy and either Ethan Bullemor or Jamil Hopoate to the bench.
Corey Oates subject to groin injury recovery.
Boyd, Milford, Lodge, Tevita Pangai Jr on notice whatever the **** that means.
Halfback Sean O’Sullivan returned to training. Emerging option in future weeks.
No word on Dearden or Niu.

Last edited:
Why would TPJ be on notice already? He has played one game since the recommencement.

Why did they once again accept rubbish bans? There are examples of others doing the same and nothing happening this very weekend.

Not only that, Radley got off a textbook spear tackle.

Last edited:
Why did they once again accept rubbish bans? There are examples of others doing the same and nothing happening this very weekend.

Not only that, Radley got off a textbook spear tackle.
I agree M, the more we keep rolling over the more nswrl will pile it on, Need some fucking push back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Strop
  • Santa
  • RodF
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Battler
  • Loch Ness Monster
  • Midean
  • broncsgoat
  • Brotherdu
  • Mustafur
  • Wolfie
  • Fatboy
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Justwin
  • Volvo Driver
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Galah
  • winslow_wong
  • GCBRONCO
  • westy316
... and 45 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.