POST GAME Round 7 - Broncos vs Titans

KnToad

NRL Player
Sunshine Coast
Name a bigger fall from grace then Corey Oates (other than Milford or Boyd), what the actual fk has happened to the bloke?
To the Cowboys, Titans or media PLEASE. Just not in a Broncos jersey moving forward.
If we were serious, there is no way he is picked in the 17 for next week, in fact hopefully the ref makes an offical complaint on him and is sidelined for a few weeks. Seems to be the only way he'd actually get the boot from the side.
He is just so rubbish, I legit cannot believe it.
While I agree his time on the wing is probably over and he looked good in the second row I will say one thing about his success on the wing.
Every great winger has had a great centre to position him and give him good ball as well as giving defensive direction when defending.
Need I say more.....?

Kovik

BRL Player
While I agree his time on the wing is probably over and he looked good in the second row I will say one thing about his success on the wing.
Every great winger has had a great centre to position him and give him good ball as well as giving defensive direction when defending.
Need I say more.....?
By all means, please say more. I'm not sure WTF you are getting at here:xxxx:.

Poor Darius. He has stayed on 2, going on 3 years too long. And he still has the option of another year after this! That is all WBs doing. Can't blame Seibold at all for that.

Last edited:

winslow_wong

State of Origin Captain
bris
I think a big part of this is the one out runs with no decoys or second options for the dummy half or halves to work with.
It makes it too easy for the defense to gang tackle the ballrunner while the rest of the defensive line has time to re-set.
We are such an easy team to coach against as the attack doesn’t do anything that puts the defense in two minds about what is going to happen.
Most teams could have the week off training and still beat us because they all have the fundamentals down.

Caniffe

NRL Player
For mine his days as a winger are over. His defensive reads out wide always fill me with fear - he is always leaving it and coming in. He wants to play 2nd row and I reckon his performances there were ok.
He came in once. Shame about his 6 and 4 who were too busy asking the ref for a knock on than making a tackle

Huge

State of Origin Captain
Ipswich
I thought Seibold had all the speeds and velocities timed down to the milli seconds
The Broncos need to regain control and need to create the time to do so.

I watched Big League Wrap and can you believe it but both Shaun Johnson and Ennis both used the word 'rhythm' whilst describing how Cronulla played today. I think we need to slow our attack down by giving our guys more time to secure the ball and make decisions. That would mean standing deeper and spreading wider in order to go forward. Our ball distribution would need to be less flat and more obviously back out of the hands, under sixes anyone ?

Initially it wouldn't produce results that on first glance seem worth it but it would produce a steady rhythm, a controlled game and that's something upon which to build a base. Control and timing are critical and to me should be prioritised in that order. The 5th tackle play is the one I'd demand be most deliberate, with extra time taken by the tackled player.

I'd train my side to not fight to quickly regain their feet on the fifth which allows more time to ensure our finish has a precisely measured control. A bit like an american nfl play but obviously not as protracted. When the team learns it can function as an orchestra with rhythm and timing it can then speed up. It's the practice aimed towards a controlled rhythm that makes the good teams great.

Caveat: for clarity the proposed slow 5th ptb would not apply in some specific game situations

Last edited:

abashii

NRL Player
Deep Didgeridoo
I thought Seibold had all the speeds and velocities timed down to the milli seconds
He does, you should see him in action. It's a beautiful whirlwind of hands, jaw and tongue working in perfect harmony.

By all means, please say more. I'm not sure WTF you are getting at here:xxxx:.

Poor Darius. He has stayed on 2, going on 3 years too long. And he still has the option of another year after this! That is all WBs doing. Can't blame Seibold at all for that.
Can't blame Bennett either, it's the CEO who does the negotiating re: contract values and lengths. And I absolutely can blame Pies for picking Boyd. Unless the ghost of Wayne Bennett still lurks the red hill coaching rooms, drawing up team sheets.

Just a rant form a fan
Make the team play touch footy for like. 4 hours straight every week .
1 improve ruck and line speed !!!!!!!
2 passing the ball /running / set plays
Looking for holes and overlaps and running decoys.
3 improve fitness
4 improve combinations

It won’t help any thing in defence but at least help with some sought of attack .
I agree with the team need to be running on to the ball more after a quick play the ball standing a bit deeper will help this
Croft and Milford need to get the ball at first receiver more deeper run a few metres then make a decision pass / run with the edge forwards running decoys or lines. Milford needs to get his hand on the ball on every set even running on the same side as Croft Thurston had the ball at least once or twice every set .
No passion
They need to get angry like take a game personally ffs.
No talk or leaders telling the team how it is , like getting up the forwards or backs not marking up or just getting fired up after a shitty ref call.
you just wonder what is Seibold doing all week it can’t all be stats and numbers and video replays.

Defence they need to rush the defence in a line put more pressure on the attacking team.
Forward pack need hunt as a team
Run forwards ethier side of the ruck.
Instead of the one out shit .... run as a pack
They get slammed poor hass at the moment is getting gang tackled atm.
Ok rant over ...........
I don’t have all the answers and I’m no coach but from a fan point of view this is what I feeling frustrated and angry
The talent is there .....

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
Just a rant form a fan
Make the team play touch footy for like. 4 hours straight every week .
1 improve ruck and line speed !!!!!!!
2 passing the ball /running / set plays
Looking for holes and overlaps and running decoys.
3 improve fitness
4 improve combinations

It won’t help any thing in defence but at least help with some sought of attack .
I agree with the team need to be running on to the ball more after a quick play the ball standing a bit deeper will help this
Croft and Milford need to get the ball at first receiver more deeper run a few metres then make a decision pass / run with the edge forwards running decoys or lines. Milford needs to get his hand on the ball on every set even running on the same side as Croft Thurston had the ball at least once or twice every set .
No passion
They need to get angry like take a game personally ffs.
No talk or leaders telling the team how it is , like getting up the forwards or backs not marking up or just getting fired up after a shitty ref call.
you just wonder what is Seibold doing all week it can’t all be stats and numbers and video replays.

Defence they need to rush the defence in a line put more pressure on the attacking team.
Forward pack need hunt as a team
Run forwards ethier side of the ruck.
Instead of the one out shit .... run as a pack
They get slammed poor hass at the moment is getting gang tackled atm.
Ok rant over ...........
I don’t have all the answers and I’m no coach but from a fan point of view this is what I feeling frustrated and angry
The talent is there .....
I’m no coach either but it looks like it is this:

60% coaching issue
30% player issue - lack of effort, no hunger, entitlement
10% other - This is the part that needs to be discovered and sorted out, I suspect it is an issue with team culture but I don’t know what it is or how to Fix it but this is the disconnect between the club, the coach and players and fans.

Organix

NRL Player
Man, a few dud calls in this game and the lads dropped their heads. There needs to be a stronger mentality within the team. Less panic, more determination.

BroncsFan

NRL Captain
The soft tries conceded had nothing to do with dud calls though.
The first try was off a blatant knock on.

I haven't watched a replay but on the Lisone try I believe Peachey was at dummy half. Did he get back onside before running down the field?
Also I believe the ref sent it up as a no try yet the fucking idiot video ref was "checking to confirm that Proctor hasn't touched it"... why are you looking to confirm he hasn't touched it if the onfield ref has called it a no try. Benefit should've been with the onfield decision unless he clearly didn't touch it, and I'm not sure it didn't hit his forearm.

Those two calls led to tries so it would've been 10-12 nil going into half time instead of 22-0 or maybe less because there wouldn't have been as much panic from Niu leading to the intercept

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hadeswolf

Twitter