Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

The sad part is every week we have a few blokes putting in incredible match winning efforts that are just bring Let down by the rest of the team bring pitiful.
For example this week it was Haas, Glenn, Te'o and Oates was respectable. The rest were rubbish though.

The other week lodge and carrigan were stand outs by trying to win without possession and smashing them.
Oates you say??? TF.

Name a bigger fall from grace then Corey Oates (other than Milford or Boyd), what the actual fk has happened to the bloke?
To the Cowboys, Titans or media PLEASE. Just not in a Broncos jersey moving forward.
If we were serious, there is no way he is picked in the 17 for next week, in fact hopefully the ref makes an offical complaint on him and is sidelined for a few weeks. Seems to be the only way he'd actually get the boot from the side.
He is just so rubbish, I legit cannot believe it.

You know there was a significant period of time when he was better than Kyle Feldt?

Hard to believe but I'd snap your hand off if you offered us Feldt over him right now.

Name a bigger fall from grace then Corey Oates (other than Milford or Boyd), what the actual fk has happened to the bloke?
To the Cowboys, Titans or media PLEASE. Just not in a Broncos jersey moving forward.
If we were serious, there is no way he is picked in the 17 for next week, in fact hopefully the ref makes an offical complaint on him and is sidelined for a few weeks. Seems to be the only way he'd actually get the boot from the side.

His rating out of ten:

Screenshot 2020 06 28 111815

The trouble is that even though he had a crack, he just doesn't seem to as effective as he once was.

He looks fried.
Years of wear and tear will do that to you, especially to a player who has had every injury in the book. Not to mention a staph infection which can really **** up your body.

The effort is still there but the strength isn't and when your effectiveness declines, it plays on your confidence as well. I said three years ago that his career would be over before he turns thirty. Sadly, that looks to be the case.

I've come around on the halves. Yes, Croft and Milford aren't playing good. Yes, they're making a lot of unforced errors and not converting opportunities when we're down the other end.

But for real, look at the metres of our forwards & outside backs last night, they're legitimately disgraceful.

Niu - 14 runs for 102 metres (7.3 metres per run)
Oates - 10 runs for 68 metres (6.8 metres per run)
Boyd - 5 runs for 40 metres (8.0 metres per run)
Farnworth - 11 runs for 54 metres (4.9 metres per run)

Coates - 8 runs for 45 metres (5.6 metres per run)
Lodge - 13 runs for 102 metres (7.8 metres per run)
Haas - 17 runs for 160 metres (9.4 metres per run)
Glenn - 4 runs for 34 metres (8.5 metres per run)
Pangai Jr - 15 runs for 143 metres (9.5 metres per run)
Ofahengaue - 9 runs for 83 metres (9.2 metres per run)
Kennedy - 10 runs for 74 metres (7.4 metres per run)
Te'o - 6 runs for 46 metres (7.7 metres per run)

Green = Good
Orange = Pass
Red = Fail

If we're going to single out players, Glenn & Boyd making 9 runs between them last night for a total of 74 metres. As our 2 most experienced players, that's fucking disgusting.

Farnworth & Coates, wow. 19 runs for 99 metres.. That's literally game losing. It's any wonder we're struggling to get up the other end, we're playing 20 year old noodles for outside backs that are incapable of helping us get out of trouble.

I can almost guarantee one, if not both of them will be dropped next week. Don't be surprised to see Kennar on the wing on TLT. He would legitimately help us, we are DESPERATE for an outside back who can make a 10 metre run.

I think a big part of this is the one out runs with no decoys or second options for the dummy half or halves to work with.
It makes it too easy for the defense to gang tackle the ballrunner while the rest of the defensive line has time to re-set.
We are such an easy team to coach against as the attack doesn’t do anything that puts the defense in two minds about what is going to happen.

That's your take on it, but what I said was that is called knock on 100% of the time in every game every week........

Except when it's against us.

This.
How many times do you see the ball go backwards but be called a knock on essentially because the player lost control of the ball or the balls trajectory changed towards the try line which is what happened in this case.

While I agree his time on the wing is probably over and he looked good in the second row I will say one thing about his success on the wing.
Every great winger has had a great centre to position him and give him good ball as well as giving defensive direction when defending.
Need I say more.....?

While I agree his time on the wing is probably over and he looked good in the second row I will say one thing about his success on the wing.
Every great winger has had a great centre to position him and give him good ball as well as giving defensive direction when defending.
Need I say more.....?
By all means, please say more. I'm not sure WTF you are getting at here:xxxx:.

Poor Darius. He has stayed on 2, going on 3 years too long. And he still has the option of another year after this! That is all WBs doing. Can't blame Seibold at all for that.

Last edited:
I think a big part of this is the one out runs with no decoys or second options for the dummy half or halves to work with.
It makes it too easy for the defense to gang tackle the ballrunner while the rest of the defensive line has time to re-set.
We are such an easy team to coach against as the attack doesn’t do anything that puts the defense in two minds about what is going to happen.

Most teams could have the week off training and still beat us because they all have the fundamentals down.

I know he isn't a forum favourite and I'm probably going to cop some flak over this, but what's the status on Kahu?

For mine his days as a winger are over. His defensive reads out wide always fill me with fear - he is always leaving it and coming in. He wants to play 2nd row and I reckon his performances there were ok.

He came in once. Shame about his 6 and 4 who were too busy asking the ref for a knock on than making a tackle

I thought Seibold had all the speeds and velocities timed down to the milli seconds
The Broncos need to regain control and need to create the time to do so.

I watched Big League Wrap and can you believe it but both Shaun Johnson and Ennis both used the word 'rhythm' whilst describing how Cronulla played today. I think we need to slow our attack down by giving our guys more time to secure the ball and make decisions. That would mean standing deeper and spreading wider in order to go forward. Our ball distribution would need to be less flat and more obviously back out of the hands, under sixes anyone ?

Initially it wouldn't produce results that on first glance seem worth it but it would produce a steady rhythm, a controlled game and that's something upon which to build a base. Control and timing are critical and to me should be prioritised in that order. The 5th tackle play is the one I'd demand be most deliberate, with extra time taken by the tackled player.

I'd train my side to not fight to quickly regain their feet on the fifth which allows more time to ensure our finish has a precisely measured control. A bit like an american nfl play but obviously not as protracted. When the team learns it can function as an orchestra with rhythm and timing it can then speed up. It's the practice aimed towards a controlled rhythm that makes the good teams great.

Caveat: for clarity the proposed slow 5th ptb would not apply in some specific game situations

Last edited:

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Mustafur
  • Browny
  • Xzei
  • cento
  • Morkel
  • Nerd
  • Footy Fanatic
  • BroncosAlways
  • bazza
  • Organix
  • Foordy
  • Broncosgirl
  • Brocko
  • Stix
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Jazza
  • dasherhalo
  • MrTickyMcG
  • broncsgoat
... and 22 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.