Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

B

bb_gun

NRL Player
Contributor
Apr 23, 2013
Holy shit that was bad, neither team deserved to win that. Even though they're now on 5 in a row, any decent team should've been able to put 30 on us with all that field position. Milford was by far our worst..No idea why Bennett decided positions like this..if he didn't want Maranta at fullback, just move Nikorima there and give another utility a shot on the bench..no need to move our 1, 4, 6, 14, 17 around to cover one guy's poor form last game.

Kinda gutted for Glenn..He's playing for a contract this year, won't help him missing 2-3 months.

Yeah I'm still not feeling the Dragons love, I think they're a relatively poor side and will get exposed towards the end of the season. I'm really looking forward to Round 23 when we make amends for tonight's cluster ****.

Sucks for Glenn but we have plenty of cover in that position, still not sure if we resign him or Thaiday though. Either one tbh.

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
Most teams would struggle to win after losing their FB at half time. It's pretty pathetic that the Dragons only won by two points given how horrendously we were playing, as well as the injuries we incurred. We need Kahu and/or Boyd back badly.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
I dunno man, Wayne swears by giving Milford time at 5/8 but how long can we realistically give him? All while our fullbacks drop like flies

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
This is one of those games where you've got to be careful what you say afterwards because you can get caught up in the emotion of the event.

Same thing happened against the Roosters and Warriors.

But seriously, I don't think there's enough cans, cats or stones to kick after this game. It was either team's game and I just had a feeling that when certain plays didn't go our way that it'd add up eventually.

It's not the end of the world either. I really liked the way the boys turned things around and considering everything that went against them, they did very well but in the end, just weren't good enough. Still, they gave an honest account of themselves and nearly managed to pull it off against all odds.

But as a viewer, this would have to rate right up there with some of the late 2012 games as one of the most frustrating. I knew the boys were good enough to win but for whatever reason, they just couldn't score the points. Fair go to the Dragons, their defence really stood up tonight but then there's moments where I'm completely scratching my head at how things transpired. I feel completely agitated and just about everything rubbed me the wrong way. Especially the Channel 9 producers, can they stick to one frame? I seriously question whether Mata'utia or Nabuli didn't knock on at two seperate stages but we'd have no idea because the one replay they choose is Farrell kicking it dead.

Painin the Haas

Painin the Haas

NRL Player
Nov 10, 2013
I'm just checking that BHQ have decided to make Vidot the scape goat tonight despite the fact that:

Milford made 5 errors.

I don't think anyone knew who was fullback tonight... On the first Dragons try, although Vidot should have dived on the ball, that was one a fullback should have cleaned up. But a fullback was nowhere to be seen.

Our kicking game was dreadful.

Our handling was dreadful.

We didn't seem to have any ideas when we got indide their 20.

Etc

They are a team everyone is accountable and many had a poor game, but fundamental mistakes that cost us points from a player whose career is hanging by a thread cannot be swept under the blanket

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
If it makes everyone feel better, we won the game! NRLStats has credited Hodges with a try assist and McCullough for 2. There's 12 points straight up, plus whatever goals Parker gets. Okay, so a draw.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Milford's five errors didn't cost us definite points. Can't compare the two when Milford by right of position should handle he ball and take many more risks than a winger. Don't get me wrong Milford had his worst game as well but still inexcusable

Lets not sugar coat this ... Milford was our worst player tonight.

K-Style

K-Style

NRL Player
Jun 1, 2014
I'm just checking that BHQ have decided to make Vidot the scape goat tonight despite the fact that:

Milford made 5 errors.

I don't think anyone knew who was fullback tonight... On the first Dragons try, although Vidot should have dived on the ball, that was one a fullback should have cleaned up. But a fullback was nowhere to be seen.

Etc

It seemed like more than 5 errors. He had 4 in the first half.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Milford made 5 errors to Vidots 2 ... So if we are going by errors, then i guess it must be Milfords last game for us 2.

Yes but vidots 2 mistakes cost us at least 8 points.

Your agenda is showing pretty bad right now tbh

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
If it makes everyone feel better, we won the game! NRLStats has credited Hodges with a try assist and McCullough for 2. There's 12 points straight up, plus whatever goals Parker gets. Okay, so a draw.

That's the most tragic part about it, the game was there for the taking and stupid errors cost us dearly.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Too cranky to comment with any semblance of humility... that dropout that was overturned because Thaiday knocked it out, well it definitely touched Dragons hands first. And went forward on to Thaiday's hands. That's a knock-on, right? Thaiday knocks it out, but first infringement was Dragons knock-on.

I know I'm being petty. Like if Parker puts his boots on the right way we win by 2...

Mitch06

Mitch06

NRL Player
Jan 23, 2014
Something that really got to me tonight was when Jack Reed was pinged for tackling in mid-air when his eyes were on the ball the whole time and he was actually trying to catch it....it is a fucking disgrace. We really did miss Maranta and surely this is Hodges last year, his body just can't handle it. Vidot and Milford...ffs, so fustrating - I don't have to say anything. I know I am going to get hate for saying this but Milford is turning into Barba 2.0. I don't understand what we are doing to hamper these players form, seriously. You can argue all day that Milford's best position is fullback, it is a new game plan. He was in contention to play for Australia last year...he hasn't even been close to this form. All in all good effort from the boys, a few things didn't go our way and we blew a few opportunities, we couldn't catch a cold!! We really are relying on Hunt too much when Hodges isn't on the field. Pat on the back to Nikorima for filling in for Hodges at the back. Finally another thing I noticed about our attack is we are standing as flat as anything every time we spread the ball.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
It was just one of those games when nothing came together, too many errors, bad refereeing, complacent mental state, poor finishing, and, a superb defensive effort from a very focused, determined, organized and structured Dragons.

Their attack in defence - line speed and effective tackling exposed our complacency, (and showed we have no real leadership on the field.)

It was an off day. Still, our defence was pretty good and I can't wait forKahu to return to FB.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

Milford made 5 errors.

Etc

I'm just checking that you realise Vidot cost us 2 tries in a game that in a game that featured 4 tries and you are trying to claim he was one of our best.

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Allo
  • Bucking Beads
  • Fitzy
  • broncsgoat
  • Dash
  • rj9
  • Waynesaurus
  • sooticus
  • jd87
  • Xzei
  • broncoscope
  • Foordy
  • Skathen
  • Huge
  • lakers133334
  • Jazza
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Financeguy
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.