POST GAME Round 7 - Dragons vs Broncos

Yes but vidots 2 mistakes cost us at least 8 points.

Your agenda is showing pretty bad right now tbh

Its not an agenda to rate a player ir think a player wasn't the worst player on the field.

He scored a try probably bombed another and possibly let in a try that should have been covered by a well positioned fullback (which we didn't have)

He didn't drop kicks like he has a habit of doing.

And made plenty of meters tonight.

So, all in all a mixed bag, but certainly not our worst player ... But i have been here long enough to know BHQ needs a scape goat after a loss like today

Hodges - Came back to early and sat the second half out, should have been so binned too. 4
Oates - Was injured but some incredibly strong runs at the end of that game, shame we didn't go down his side much tonght but Reed is too slow to create space for him anyway. 7
Reed - He is a second rower masquerading as a centre. 5
Copley - He threw a stupid pass but constant threat all night. 6
Vidot - What a mixed bag, some amazing work mixed with bombing a try. 5
Milford - Shocking game and hard to believe given the injuries he wasn't put at the back. 2
Hunt - Tried but I characteristically poor game, bombed the match winner. 3
McGuirr - Worked hard as always but seemed to lack aggression. 6
McCullough - Best game I have seen from him in a long time highlighted by the 40/20. 9
Thaiday - Not as good as last week but tried hard and came up with some important plays. 7
Glenn - Was making a lot of metres before having his face rearranged. 7
Gillett - Tried all night but just lacking something. 6
Parker - Worked hard but an off night by his standards and his kicking cost us again. 6

Nikorima - Looked threatening and great positioning in D. I really rated his performance tonight. 7
Garbutt - Horrible game and got pulled after not many minutes. 2
Dodds - Didn't do much but one fantastic run. 6
Blair - I thought he was good in his return highlighted by his smashing of texDragone player without even knowing it. 7

This is the really worrying thing. Bennett is stubborn, we all know that but we have now lost Boyd, kahu, maranta and hodges, and STILL milford didnt get moved. Is Bennett the only person in the entire NRL community that cant see milford is struggling in the halves. What harm wouldve come from moving him to fullback for 40 mins tonight to try and salvage a win. Nikorima in halves wouldnt have lost anything, since milford is providing absolutely nothing at 6, ANYONE, literally ANYONE could do his job right now. Milford is a victim of waynes stubborness.

Losing this game isnt the end of the world but 2 things came from this
1. We need a better goal kicker.
2. Milford is being wasted here. I wish he could go back to canberra so we could see the lil fella light up the highlight reels again

Too cranky to comment with any semblance of humility... that dropout that was overturned because Thaiday knocked it out, well it definitely touched Dragons hands first. And went forward on to Thaiday's hands. That's a knock-on, right? Thaiday knocks it out, but first infringement was Dragons knock-on.

I know I'm being petty. Like if Parker puts his boots on the right way we win by 2...

I agree Morkel, I mentioned this in the Live Game thread...if we, untrained referees can see it, how can 6+ officials not pick it up! The second worst part about it is that the commentators don't even say anything about it.

Parker has a knack for having a bad night with the boot after having a perfect game with the boot..

**** I'm cranky.

Refs can suck a dick. May as well have been wearing red and white. That was fucking pathetic.

Vidot.....Vidot. Oh man. That could be the last time in Broncos colours, which is a shame because I genuinely like the guy and he can bring a lot of good. And he did good tonight as well, a try, some strong runs....just some terrible errors that were well more than the difference.

Happy to persevere with Milf, maybe he needs a week off though. I think some of the handling errors were as a result of his elbow strapping, but he clearly wasn't up to playing tonight. Maybe he was upset about not being FB, and I could understand why too. I have faith in Wayne, but that was a gamble that didn't come off.

We were obviously stuffed from the Roosters game, it was obvious in the first few mins. To come so close, and we should have won that - anyone saying the Dragons are genuine title contenders should be laughed at. Loudly.

In positives:
- Macca was outstanding, once again. He's really getting consistent and in my mind there is no doubt he should be the next QLD hooker when Smith is injured or retires. He's not the flashiest, but he's a Smith clone!!
- Dodds was also amazing. I was so upset when he got injured, and he dropped off everyone's radar in the meantime - he brings a bit of fear to the opposition with his hits. He's an enforcer for sure.
- Glenn was again really good until he got injured. We'll miss his energy - he should get a new contract IMO.
- That game was again within reach. We were in second gear all game, at our best we wipe them by 30 if they play like that.

So....I'm fucking cranky, but it was a loss that was coming sooner rather than later. Hopefully none of the injuries are too serious. Especially dirty since I changed my tips from the Dragons to the Broncs at the last minute today :(

He had 4 hit-ups and 27 tackles.. lol, that's hardly worth a mention.

I concede it's not much but I don't know how many minutes he played tonight.

Some really good tackles and tackling often. I've read on here he hits the line like a pillow but 2 of those runs were quite good.

More tackles tand more metres per run han Blair who is Wayn'es golden boy for some reason.

Its not an agenda to rate a player ir think a player wasn't the worst player on the field.

He scored a try probably bombed another and possibly let in a try that should have been covered by a well positioned fullback (which we didn't have)

He didn't drop kicks like he has a habit of doing.

And made plenty of meters tonight.

So, all in all a mixed bag, but certainly not our worst player ... But i have been here long enough to know BHQ needs a scape goat after a loss like today

No one is scape goating him, you are trying to excuse fundamental mistakes.

He doesn't matter if a fullback should have been there, Vidot was there. He was there in plenty of time yet he completely fucked it. It was a school boy error.

The thing that really annoys me is if someone like maranta did that, you and many others would be howling for his blood, yet because it's vidot we are all scape goating him.

Give me a break!

Last edited:
I'm one of those who has bagged Dodds for offering nothing in attack, but I really think he's improved this season. I'm starting to like him...

Does Garbutt get another run after a pretty average performance, or is his size coming off the bench an asset we cannot afford to lose? Especially given Vidot will very likely be dropped

I'd actually like to see Garbutt dropped for Vidot and we give Dan a go in the forwards.

Let's face it, his runs are phenomenal. His wing play is way worse than Maranta. Might as well try him in a role where he runs but doesn't have to do winger things. Plus with Glenn out I think we'll be lacking some size off the bench.

This is the really worrying thing. Bennett is stubborn, we all know that but we have now lost Boyd, kahu, maranta and hodges, and STILL milford didnt get moved. Is Bennett the only person in the entire NRL community that cant see milford is struggling in the halves. What harm wouldve come from moving him to fullback for 40 mins tonight to try and salvage a win. Nikorima in halves wouldnt have lost anything, since milford is providing absolutely nothing at 6, ANYONE, literally ANYONE could do his job right now. Milford is a victim of waynes stubborness.

Losing this game isnt the end of the world but 2 things came from this
1. We need a better goal kicker.
2. Milford is being wasted here. I wish he could go back to canberra so we could see the lil fella light up the highlight reels again

Milford is our long term 5/8 and nothing will change that, Bennett basically confirmed it when Boyd got injured and Kahu was named there. Bennett's biggest crime tonight was playing Hodges at fullback in defense when Nikorima was clearly the better choice.

For the record, I still think that Milford will shine at 5/8 and even though he stepped down a few notches after last week I think towards the business end of the season he'll be our shining light. I'm happy to give him more time.

Does Garbutt get another run after a pretty average performance, or is his size coming off the bench an asset we cannot afford to lose? Especially given Vidot will very likely be dropped

I think Wallace will be a walk in for his spot next week

I'd actually like to see Garbutt dropped for Vidot and we give Dan a go in the forwards.

Let's face it, his runs are phenomenal. His wing play is way worse than Maranta. Might as well try him in a role where he runs but doesn't have to do winger things. Plus with Glenn out I think we'll be lacking some size off the bench.

It's definitely worth a shot. Who else is going to make 225m per game. (Mostly in the middle).
Garbutt has been ok but had a shocker out there for however long he was on. 5min?

Last edited:
I dont think Hunt shouldve played tonight. He was clearly hampered by whatever injury forced him from training yesterday. Could see the reluctance to run a mile away. Anyone know what his injury was? Seem he was scared to run or step so maybe hammy?

I dont think Hunt shouldve played tonight. He was clearly hampered by whatever injury forced him from training yesterday. Could see the reluctance to run a mile away. Anyone know what his injury was? Seem he was scared to run or step so maybe hammy?

Yeah he was off his game tonight in a big way. He is still close to our best on his day but Bennett clearly made the wrong decision to play him.

Then again, I dunno how well we would've fared without him.

Milford is our long term 5/8 and nothing will change that, Bennett basically confirmed it when Boyd got injured and Kahu was named there. Bennett's biggest crime tonight was playing Hodges at fullback in defense when Nikorima was clearly the better choice.

For the record, I still think that Milford will shine at 5/8 and even though he stepped down a few notches after last week I think towards the business end of the season he'll be our shining light. I'm happy to give him more time.

He is not our long term 5/8 yet. Lets not lock that in because surely, if he keeps this form up, even Bennett will have to admit its not working. And, even if he is our long term half, why couldnt he move him to fullback for 40 mins to try get a win. It doesnt mean hes wrong, it doesnt mean he has to do it again next week, but ffs, milford is our best fullback and he cant even get a gig there after 5 injuries and a game on the line? Thats stupid no matter which way you look at it.

Active Now

• FACTHUNT
  • Cavalo
  • ostin86
  • LGH
  • bert_lifts
  • broncsgoat
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Jedhead
  • broncos4life
  • broncoscope
  • Waynesaurus
  • Gaz
  • Tmac
  • Harry Sack
  • Fitzy
  • RolledOates
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • winslow_wong
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.