Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

K-Style

K-Style

NRL Player
Jun 1, 2014
I almost forgot about that, can't believe they didn't even check it.

Might have ended up a double movement. I thought there may have been a second attempt rather than momentum.I cant see anything in that pic. on my phone though.

LittleDavey

LittleDavey

NRL Captain
Mar 25, 2013
Dudded again. Good show, Corey. I thought it was a legit try too. We won that fucking game, even playing the way we did. Dirty as ****.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
Quoted a deleted post.

Last edited by a moderator:
Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
never understood why people give-a-shit at all about this. do u need a broncos fan to call the game for you?

Not at all but excitement when either side is doing well is appreciated.

Son Edo

Son Edo

NRL Player
Sep 14, 2011
Bringing Hodges back was dumb. Playing him at all at FB was dumber.

I'm over Hodges, the guy disrupts the team too much. Last year we were on a roll and when he comes back into the side we lose consecutive games because he's under done, just like tonight. We play better without him and our best wins in recent times were when he wasn't in the team. 36-10 over Manly last year and last week over the Roosters.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012
And if Barba played as bad as Milford did tonight people would be organising a lynching party and burning his effigy outside of red hill

"As bad as Milford"......fmd, way to overstate things. :rolleyes:

Whilst he was generally poor and produced a few errors, he did put in a couple nice kicks to earn repeat sets, threw a nice inside ball to Copley (I think) that almost resulted in points and was there on the spot to run the ball in for a try, if only Reed hadn't been wrongly ruled against.

I guess Ben Hunt gets a free pass because everybody is happy for him to play half. His game was equally as terrible as Milfords, if not worse.

Its round 7 and our new 5/8 hasn't clicked into gear....let's sack him !!!

Last edited:
noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
I'm over Hodges, the guy disrupts the team too much.
he needs to pick his moments better. there was an article three weeks ago in the CM? i think that mentioned how the older guys need to let the younger guys do their thing. i dont think names were mentioned but it felt very directed at hodges. he needs to play his position at centre and let everyone else play their position. i enjoy him chiming in as a second 5/8th/fb close to the try line but other than that he seems to mess up the flow of the team

CaptainHook

CaptainHook

NRL Player
Jun 17, 2013
A tough loss and a frustrating one to watch as a Broncos supporter but honestly it wasn't entirely unexpected. Our second half performances have been ordinary ever since the Warriors game. Too many unforced errors, penalties and incomplete sets. We've been pretty lucky over the last month or so but if games went for 85 mins, make no mistake, the Warriors and Titans would have ran us down.

It's very hard to get a winning team to break bad habits. As long as they keep winning they will keep thinking they'll get out of jail. Hopefully after tonight it might ram the message home that you need to hold the bloody football at crucial times.

I really hope the Maranta-Vidot debate has been put to bed. Say what you will about Lachlan but he would have batted that ball dead and would have scored that try.

Our halves were really poor tonight. They were poor last week as well but Ben Hunt's golden point try took some of the focus away from that. They are not capitalising on the field position our forwards are giving them. The kicking game was a bit better tonight but still needs a lot of work.

Also disappointed in Hodges. If he was 100% fit then I'm an astronaut. He rushed his comeback imo and put us under enormous pressure.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Looking at the footage, McGuire's effort would have been a double movement and penalty to the Dragons.

The arm carrying the ball hit the ground short of the line first.

So, a good thing it wasn't checked.

Last edited:
Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Did anyone see Hodges blow up at Oates for not fielding a bomb on the full in goal?

I really don't think he had any right to be blowing up at anyone...

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Did anyone see Hodges blow up at Oates for not fielding a bomb on the full in goal?

Probably tore his hammy again raging at Oates

K-Style

K-Style

NRL Player
Jun 1, 2014

Missed that. I remember Hodges yelling at Maranta for missing a no look pass from Hodgo. Great captain material.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
This was good to see.

Blair showing Thaiday how it's done..

Last edited by a moderator:
rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I'm over Hodges, the guy disrupts the team too much. Last year we were on a roll and when he comes back into the side we lose consecutive games because he's under done, just like tonight. We play better without him and our best wins in recent times were when he wasn't in the team. 36-10 over Manly last year and last week over the Roosters.

I don't entirely agree with you. Underdone, yes. That was the mistake. At his best, he is simply excellent. For me the issue is that he will always be a risk but what do you do? Drop him, bench him, force him to retire? I somehow doubt that will happen. What do you do with a player as injury prone as Hodges?

First, you DON'T play him at FB. Ever. End of story. Second, centre only. I think it was really poor judgement to select Hodgo for tonight's match wherever he played. We learned last year of the consequences of having a positional dog's breakfast on the park.

I also thought Garbutt was very soft tonight. He was completely overshadowed by Thaiday,McGuire and Dodds.

Glenn's loss is serious. I'd like to see Oates take his place. Hunt seemed to lose it when he was pressured. Step up Ben - you're better than that. Take charge. Lead. Marshall looked so much more composed and together.

The Dragons took it to us big time and we just fell apart. Bad luck didn't help and neither did those crucial errors already posted. I think they took the wind out of our mental sails, and the loss of 2 key players just made us tired - mentally and physically.

I'm actually not too worried by tonight. There was only 2 points in it and we played under a lot of adversity and against quality opposition. My main concern is Milford - more specifically, his mental state. I think he is finding it really really tough to adjust to the Broncos and 5/8, and I again say he is too immature to be our 5/8, let alone play with the pressure of being labelled the next Lockyer (like ... not having served his apprenticeship at the back). Still, as with Hodgo, what do you do? A rock and a hard place. I hope he comes good, like all of us, sooner than later.

B

bazza

NRL Player
Sep 24, 2013
Hodges is, and has been my favourite player for some as long as I can remember so don't take this as an attack on Hodges, but It's no coincidence we played as we did as soon as he returned... Bennett recognised this earlier in the year telling Hodges we shouldn't be playing "Hodge Ball" and that's exactly what we played with him on the field. He should be playing centre and fullback only for the sweeping play. That's all.

Tonight's match demonstrated why I was against Hodges being captain. He already tries to have too much of an influence on the outcome of a game, and making him captain severely worsens that. He just stifles the attack at times and kills of any momentum we have, especially when were in good attacking territory.

When were in the opposition twenty, its the time for our halves and dummy half to do their job, but instead Hodges pushes them out of the way and tries to overplay his hand. Not only does this ruin any chance of our halves to actually work their way into the game, it actually strips away their confidence. As a result they end up going into their shells and go missing in action.

Did anyone else notice that we played a little free flowing when in the second half in the absence of Hodges?

Put simply, Hodges is a leader, but he was never captain material. A captain should be someone who gives the team confidence. The rest of the team should feel confidence in playing with their skipper, but I get the impression that the rest of the team actually lose confidence due to Hodges' presence and standing in the team.

The way he was giving it to Oates was uncalled for and was actually a little disgraceful. I agree with Super Freak, he really didn't have the right to blow up the way he did considering how much of a liability he was for us defending at fullback. If anything Oates saved us a certain try.

Last edited:

Unread

Active Now

• Broncosarethebest
  • Socnorb
  • BroncosAlways
  • Fozz
  • Lurker
  • Broncorob
  • Horseheadsup
  • Culhwch
  • Bucking Beads
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.