Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
Well it's the loss we had to have and I've seen it's brought us down to earth and hopefully it's a kick up the arse we need. We just made far to many mistakes with the ball, kicked away possession to early and our kicking game was inferior to the Dragons.

Milford had a shocker, didn't understand why he was kicking before the 5th tackle his worst game in Broncos colours. The fact that the Dragons did a job on Hunt didn't help him or the team. Should've gone to fullback when Hodges went down.

I can now understand why Vidot is on the outer tried to over do stuff especially when he bombed that try. Makes some good meters but is fragile. Pretty ironic exactly a year ago he was god and now he is Satan.

Ball security was dissapointing and when we let Dugan find touch with that drop out showed it and we also completing just 8 sets out of 16 in the first half

On a positive note I thought Macca had an outstanding game and was our best player by a long way, his 40/20 was a special play and his ball to Thiaday was a beauty. Hope he produces more games like that. Good to see Thiaday finding some form.

Not Broncos related but I thought at the start of the year the Dragons were going to go better than what some thought and that's what's happening atm. Fair few of my predictions have been on the money in the past few years.

K-Style

K-Style

NRL Player
Jun 1, 2014
Oates already caught two highballs. I'm guessing the one where Hodgo blew up was the one where it landed between Jack and Oates and neither went for it?

I always look forward to Hodgo's 3-5m dummy half runs.

Interesting post match.

Boyd. Kahu. Maranta. Hodges. Niko.

Even just from tonights game Wayne has the last 2 around the wrong way.

Last edited:
Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Oates already caught two highballs. I'm guessing the one where Hodgo blew up was the one where it landed between Jack and Oates and neither went for it?

I always look forward to Hodgo's 3-5m dummy half runs.

That's the one.

It was in the 25th minute, the set before Dragons got that penalty goal.

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
Did anyone hear some comment by Rabs when Macca kicked the 40/20 that the 40/20 was our first since 2012. Holy shit pretty amazing stat but it shows how short on halves we were during 2012 and 2013. Norman, Wallace, Prince and Barba didn't deliver much, thank god Hunt found some touch and kicked on.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Did anyone hear some comment by Rabs when Macca kicked the 40/20 that the 40/20 was our first since 2012. Holy shit pretty amazing stat but it shows how short on halves we were during 2012 and 2013. Norman, Wallace, Prince and Barba didn't deliver much, thank god Hunt found some touch and kicked on.

That stat is complete shit ... Since it is our second this year.

And I'm pretty sure we kicked a couple last year.

Last edited:
Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Technically it wasn't a 40/20 against the Titans. The referees deemed that Zillman took it into touch which is why it was a scrum, not a tap.

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
Did anyone hear some comment by Rabs when Macca kicked the 40/20 that the 40/20 was our first since 2012. Holy shit pretty amazing stat but it shows how short on halves we were during 2012 and 2013.

I really think Rabs is senile.

We have kicked a few 40/20's since 2012.

He probably meant Macca hasn't kicked a 40/20 since 2012.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
I don't recall a single Broncos player kicking a 40/20 in 2013. All of my stats say zero.

16 players kicked 40/20's in 2014. None of them were Broncos players.

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
I don't recall a single Broncos player kicking a 40/20 in 2013. All of my stats say zero.

16 players kicked 40/20's in 2014. None of them were Broncos players.

They brought that stat up during the game, it was the first Broncos 40/20 since 2012. (I think that's what they said)

Broncs1459

Broncs1459

QCup Player
Aug 24, 2012
Where does Kodi Nikorima fit into our future team? He is pretty much the perfect utility for us but a few clubs will be lining up to get him. Would be a shame to see him go.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
This was always going to be a danger game, after the emotional rollercoaster last week, the injuries and the bug that swept the place at Red Hill.

It is clear that Wayne does not want to put Milford at the back, after he said at a press conference that Kodi is fullback choice no.5, after Boyd, Kahu, Maranta and Hodges, which is a pity, as young Anthony is clearly struggling with the responsibility and adapting to the position.
IMO, he should've been at the back without a doubt last night, and under the circumstances, I wouldn't have had any issue giving Ash Taylor a go partnering Hunt, not only because of how well he has been playing, but also because he is the best goal kicker we have at the club.

Hodges should probably have not played this game, and to be honest Hunt didn't look like he should've been there either.

We made too many mistakes to win, and still nearly got away with it, which is a credit to our defense, but with Hunt clearly still suffering from whatever affected him yesterday (he didn't even take the kick at goal in Parker's absence), which hampered his best attribute... his running game, and Milford making so many mistakes, despite his good short kicking game, it was a tall order.

Pretty much the only player who was at a good level was Macca, with most others either making costly mistakes, or just being under par.

Vidot is not helping his case either. Although he was in my opinion very good for the whole game, he undid all the good work (including catching bombs and showing pretty decent speed) with his 2 brain snaps.
WB alluded to this in the presser, highlighting that if you want to be more than just a good team, and compete at the very top of the NRL, you can't make those mistakes. Those, alongside Parker's kicking, probably lost us the game.
Ironically, he scored a try Maranta probably wouldn't have, and bombed one Lachlan would probably score... but his capital mistake was letting Nabuli score that try. That was sloppy! :rolleyes:

The question is whether WB can take that complacency out of his game? Because if he does, I maintain that Daniel could be a pretty decent winger.

I hope Kahu is back next week, we really need him at the back!

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
Was there for the taking. The dragons were easily the worst team we've played all season. They've got nothing and they throw away attacking opportunities with the worst kicking game.

Vidot. I'm sorry mate but 16-6 and that game is over. And that's basic stuff for wingers. I'm one of his biggest fans but that was such a disappointment.

Those 2 points are going to be needed late in the season.

And Milford. I know we have no other option but the kid looks so unhappy with his footy right now. And that's at least partially because of the game plan and that he's not getting quality ball.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
A tough loss and a frustrating one to watch as a Broncos supporter but honestly it wasn't entirely unexpected. Our second half performances have been ordinary ever since the Warriors game. Too many unforced errors, penalties and incomplete sets. We've been pretty lucky over the last month or so but if games went for 85 mins, make no mistake, the Warriors and Titans would have ran us down.

It's very hard to get a winning team to break bad habits. As long as they keep winning they will keep thinking they'll get out of jail. Hopefully after tonight it might ram the message home that you need to hold the bloody football at crucial times.

I really hope the Maranta-Vidot debate has been put to bed. Say what you will about Lachlan but he would have batted that ball dead and would have scored that try.

Our halves were really poor tonight. They were poor last week as well but Ben Hunt's golden point try took some of the focus away from that. They are not capitalising on the field position our forwards are giving them. The kicking game was a bit better tonight but still needs a lot of work.

Also disappointed in Hodges. If he was 100% fit then I'm an astronaut. He rushed his comeback imo and put us under enormous pressure.

By saying the roosters would have run us down if the game went for 85 minutes, do you mean the game where WE were behind only to catch them to send it to golden point where we one the game with a try at 84:35? If that's what you are talking about I can't agree with that at all and I think that is really selling a great team performance short.

R

Rabbir

Banned User
Jul 4, 2013
If Vidot didn't let that try in Hodges probably gets sin binned.

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
Sure, last night's loss was frustrating, but I'm really not that bothered by it - I think any other week, we would have won that game, and quite easily too.

The injuries to Glenn and Hodges really hurt us, and you could see just how tired the team was from about the 65 minute mark onwards. They were out on their feet.

Macca was easily MOTM. That 40/20 was majestic and would have been the ultimate clutch play had we capitalised on it.

Thought the refereeing was also very poor, but that seems to be the norm now.

Unread

Active Now

• Swordfish
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Broncorob
  • Socnorb
  • MrMoore
  • levikaden
  • mitch222
  • BroncosAlways
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.