Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
I thought Macca was awesome yesterday. That 40/20 was just awesome, and proves to me that he has a really good kicking game, which once again pisses me off because he doesn't use it enough, based on the few kicks I've seen, he's got the best long range kicking game but takes like 1 kick a game.

Other than my bitching (I can't be completely positive right?), I was genuinely impressed, he looked sharp and chose good moments to make some nice runs.

I really hope he can keep it up, because if he does I won't have a reason to bag him out, I've always maintained he's just average, but if he can keep up and actually have consistently good games, he'll be an excellent player to have... Now kick more!

Mister Wright

Mister Wright

NRL Captain
Jun 8, 2009
How's Greg Eden been going on the ISC? Wouldn't it have made more sense to have him as cover for a backline spot. Could have been a straight swap for Maranta and not stuffed up our structure so much.

B

Brozilla

BRL Player
Mar 25, 2015
How's Greg Eden been going on the ISC? Wouldn't it have made more sense to have him as cover for a backline spot. Could have been a straight swap for Maranta and not stuffed up our structure so much.

You would imagine if he was doing anything special he would already have gotten a chance.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
I agree that Vidot made a mistake there but have seen it dozens of times before with other players. That wasn't what cost us the game. Vidot didn't drop the ball, make handling errors left right and centre and certainly wasn't to blame for the dismal completion rate. He made enormous metres, caught some really tough bombs on a tough night. Greasy conditions, at night and after a bruising game last week. Blame should be placed on many others. Hodges decision to make himself available was terrible. There were things to like from last night but it's hard to see them when you're dirty about the result. Equal first after 7 rounds...any of us would have taken that if it was offered preseason !

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
I'm not that upset with the loss actually. We had to have one eventually. ...and hopefully we learn from it.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Is it just vidots metres that are redeeming for Vidot? If any other player made the mistakes he did last night which cost us the game (which ever way you slice it that is the case, Milford being absolute hopeless doesn't change the fact that Vidot cost us two tries all by himself) they would be absolutely crucified.

Waynesaurus

Waynesaurus

NRL Captain
Jun 3, 2013
Overall I'm not concerned about our game but I am bit dissappointed, without the errors/injuries/sloppy refereeing we win that pretty easy and continue on our way.

Milford is a bit of worry tho, were simple errors apart of his game in Canberra?

The other thing that annoyed me was the biased commentating from channel 9 last night, I was just about ready to snap. While I was pleased I didn't have to listen to Ray Hadleys dreary bullcrap the bais was reaching state of origin levels. Mix that with the sloppy, half baked flip of the coin referreeing it would seem both Channel 9 and the NRL are both doing their best to turn supporters away.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Is it just vidots metres that are redeeming for Vidot? If any other player made the mistakes he did last night which cost us the game (which ever way you slice it that is the case, Milford being absolute hopeless doesn't change the fact that Vidot cost us two tries all by himself) they would be absolutely crucified.
That's plainly ridiculous ! The try was going to be awarded regardless, it was going to be a penalty try and a likely sin bin for Hodges. He had the ball dislodged in the other instance and it was a poor carry but never the less, he failed with one try. He did not cost us the game, certainly not anymore than anyone else.

M

mieko

QCup Player
Aug 25, 2011
Tough game but a loss that brings them back to ground. Showed why we and the dragons are up the top for defense. Glenn is a big blow and Hodgo clearly to early to come back. Running and agility at training is vastly different to game conditions. Halves had an off night and handling errors just to many. Thought Vidot did well under the highball but couple of brain farts cost us dearly. Reed again offered naught and it's time to go, throw anyone in there will do a better job.

Oh well, hopefully the injured come back soon, fully fit!!

uptheguts

uptheguts

QCup Player
Oct 24, 2013
What a dog of a game. Hit up after hit up from both sides and then the token shuffle it out the back line on the third or fourth tackle and then the bomb. We did not deserve to win , although we easily could have. Some of our sets when attacking the line were truly horrendous .We seriously need to get more direction and cohesion in this back line .

It is impossible for us to make a serious push towards the finals by simply relying on hit ups and quick play the balls and good defense. The forwards will soon run out of steam and enthusiasm. The backs will have to start doing something right now. Surely Reed must go to the either the bench or the Capras.

Last edited:
jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
That's plainly ridiculous ! The try was going to be awarded regardless, it was going to be a penalty try and a likely sin bin for Hodges. He had the ball dislodged in the other instance and it was a poor carry but never the less, he failed with one try. He did not cost us the game, certainly not anymore than anyone else.

If Vidot had've hustled his lazy arse there a bit quicker, it wouldn't have mattered if Hodges interfered with the chasing attacker at all .... they can only award a penalty try if they are sure it would have been scored.

Vidot being quicker on the scene would have provided plenty of doubt.

He really is turning out to be a lazy so-and-so of late ... hardly the type of attitude you'd expect from a player trying to secure his spot.

Maranta would have been infinitely better for us last night.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011

It was never going to be a penalty try. There has to be a chance the player would have scored the try and he wouldn't have regardless. Hodges may have been sin binned, but we wouldn't have had a try against us. If you are suggesting that Vidot allowed the try to be scored so that hodgo wouldn't be sin binned then that is plainly ridiculous.

He let in a try and didn't score one that he should have. These are facts.

I'm not even really suggesting he be dropped, I would prefer he stays and reed ***** off, but that doesn't change the fact the Vidot cost us 2 tries.

B

bazza

NRL Player
Sep 24, 2013
All this blaming Vidot for the loss is ridiculous. He didn't cost us the game.

For the try Nabuli scored, that should of been Hodges' job to clean that ball up, so why the hell was he up in the front line trying to tackle the kicker??? All in that first half, our wingers and centres were covering up the loose ball for Hodges.

Vidot had to turn and chase, and he tried to shield the ball over the line, but if you notice, the ball takes a slight left bounce, which is when Nabuli was able to get to the ball. Secondly not one Broncos player was letting Vidot know Nabuli was on his tail. Instead they just stood around watching.

As for the no-try, it was a greasy night with all the dew and rain, and the slightest touch to the ball is all that's needed to dislodge the ball. Once again, looking in hindsight he should of had two hands on the ball, but I'm sure his intentions were to position a left arm fend so that he had enough room to score the try. I'm not defending Vidot, and yes it was sloppy and he should of done a better job in those instances but he was still our best backline player.

He made plenty of strong carries especially when the team looked fatigued, and made some half breaks to get us in their end of the field. Caught a few tough highballs, and scored a really good try that he probably shouldn't have scored.

B

bazza

NRL Player
Sep 24, 2013
If Vidot had've hustled his lazy arse there a bit quicker, it wouldn't have mattered if Hodges interfered with the chasing attacker at all .... they can only award a penalty try if they are sure it would have been scored.

Vidot being quicker on the scene would have provided plenty of doubt.

He really is turning out to be a lazy so-and-so of late ... hardly the type of attitude you'd expect from a player trying to secure his spot.

Maranta would have been infinitely better for us last night.

Did you consider the repeat sets we had to defend from line drop outs because Hodges was too slow to turn, chase and get to the ball? Often he wasn't even in the vicinity due to his poor positional play and Copley as well as others had to cover for his mistakes.

T

T-rent

NYC Player
May 9, 2014
Hodges should think about retirement. His been a great Broncos player but is letting the team down not being able to stay on the field. Ben Hunt looked like he was a passenger can't recall him having a run all game and kicking game was poor at best. I was always a bit worried about how we'd play tonight after the roosters game and after the first 5 min knew we'd do it tough. In saying that did anyone think Maguire scored that try near the end of the game? To me it looked very very close to the ball touching the line but never went to the video ref

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
I don't mind calling out Vidot for a bad game, but I think calling him lazy is ridiculous. He made 20 runs for 200m+, that's not a sign of a lazy player. He goes out of his way to get the ball and take hitups. He has some bonehead mistakes, but it's not lazy. Him not pushing the ball out was a judgement error thinking we'd get a huge advantage (because it is) if the ball went dead, not because he was lazy, he was right next to it, it's no effort to kick it over.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Hodges should think about retirement. His been a great Broncos player but is letting the team down not being able to stay on the field. Ben Hunt looked like he was a passenger can't recall him having a run all game and kicking game was poor at best. I was always a bit worried about how we'd play tonight after the roosters game and after the first 5 min knew we'd do it tough. In saying that did anyone think Maguire scored that try near the end of the game? To me it looked very very close to the ball touching the line but never went to the video ref
Plenty of players get injured, that's not letting the team down, it's part of the sport.

Active Now

• Jazza
  • marw
  • Manofoneway
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.