10. Haas
11. Glenn
12. TPJ
13. Carrigan

14. Asiata
15. Kennedy
16. Bullemor
17. Riki

- I would like to see Fleg spend some time down in ISC... at this point in his career he needs to become a solid reliable middle forward instead of this reckless middle forward overplaying his role.
- I think Mead gets the center spot over Kennar and moves over to the right. Herbie takes back his spot on the left
- Oates comes back in, but desperately needs to sort out his catching under bombs

The rotation off the bench is actually quite difficult with Haas, Lodge and Carrigan all probably playing more than 50mins and both second rowers likely playing 80mins. There's not a lot of minutes left over for 4 forwards off the bench.

The rotation off the bench is actually quite difficult with Haas, Lodge and Carrigan all probably playing more than 50mins and both second rowers likely playing 80mins. There's not a lot of minutes left over for 4 forwards off the bench.
Perfect opportunity to bring in a relief hooker onto the bench.

Ferguson grows a foot taller and a yard faster when he matches up on Oates in the past.

Need Kevvie to fire him up to get in Fergo’s face rather than laughing with him after Fergo scores

If Kevvie continues his bench use improvement, it's not really that hard to manage

Assuming Pangai plays 80 on the edge going forward

Last game was

Lodge 38mins
Haas 63mins
Carrigan 52mins
Glenn 60mins

Asiata 26mins
Flegler 27mins
Bullemor 34mins
Riki 20mins

You can continue to knock down Glenn's minutes and up Riki. If Glenn knows he's only playing 40-50mins, he may become a lit more dynamic knowing he doesn't have to save himself, Riki too may have some more impact.

So that's one change only

the three middles have 240 mins between them, and you can average it out to around 150mins of that for the starters. That leaves you ~30 mins each for the other forwards. Give each one a rest. let the bench guys play their stint and put everyone back on for the final 25 -30 mins and finish strong. Account for particular game situations and everything too, because set-in-stone interchange plans won't always work.

1/8 for Glenn off for Riki at some point
2/8 and 3/8 Lodge off for x, x off for Lodge
4/8 and 5/8 Haas off for x, x off for Haas
6/8 and 7/8 Carrigan off for Asiata, Asiata off for Carrigan

8/8 for emergencies/extra break

I do think Jake needs a breather for maybe 10-15 at most, but unless you have an out-and-out hooker, playing a Paix or someone for only a handful of minutes isn't very beneficial to him (Paix) or the team as we lose a lot in defence with Jake off

Kevvie has another big call to make, I don't think Mead is viable as a centre .. but how do you leave out Corey Oates? you simply can't, at least not this week.

Ferguson grows a foot taller and a yard faster when he matches up on Oates in the past.

Need Kevvie to fire him up to get in Fergo’s face rather than laughing with him after Fergo scores
That’s because he steps inside and runs over Milford. Wont be as easy with someone who actually tries to tackle him this time

Parra dominated one of the best forward packs in Canberra at GIO last night. We just have to play with the same intensity against Penrith and you never know. Mitchell Moses was instrumental but doesn’t have his regular halves partner Dylan Brown. If we can unsettle them with some early aggression and points like the Dragons did, we will be a chance. In round 1 we did it for periods of the game but not long enough. Hopefully we’ve learned something since then.

Perfect opportunity to bring in a relief hooker onto the bench.
Don't think that's going to be Issac Luke any time soon. Wynnum's benched him for today's game. Shame we can't watch the Paix, Kelly, Milford, KHunt, Niu combo this afternoon. Piakura and Gamble on the other side for Norths.

Don't think that's going to be Issac Luke any time soon. Wynnum's benched him for today's game. Shame we can't watch the Paix, Kelly, Milford, KHunt, Niu combo this afternoon. Piakura and Gamble on the other side for Norths.

Isn't it streamed on the Intrust SC website?

Parra dominated one of the best forward packs in Canberra at GIO last night. We just have to play with the same intensity against Penrith and you never know. Mitchell Moses was instrumental but doesn’t have his regular halves partner Dylan Brown. If we can unsettle them with some early aggression and points like the Dragons did, we will be a chance. In round 1 we did it for periods of the game but not long enough. Hopefully we’ve learned something since then.

Much like Kev’s good plan to minimise To’os impact last week, I hope he has a nice simple game plan to get a big body 1:1 with Moses and make him tackle all night. I also hope he fires someone up with the directive to belt him legally when he has the ball.

The eels have switched sides a few times this season so I’m unsure if Moses will be on TPJ and Croft’s side but I hope he is.

Team I'm anticipating:
1. Isaako
2. Oates
3. Herbie
4. Mead
5. Coates
6. Croft
7. Dearden
8. Lodge
9. Turps
10. Haas
11. Glenn
12. TPJ
13. Carrigan

14. Asiata
15. Kennedy
16. Bullemor
17. Riki

- I would like to see Fleg spend some time down in ISC... at this point in his career he needs to become a solid reliable middle forward instead of this reckless middle forward overplaying his role.
- I think Mead gets the center spot over Kennar and moves over to the right. Herbie takes back his spot on the left
- Oates comes back in, but desperately needs to sort out his catching under bombs

Ideally ,you wouldn't play Lodge for more than 40 mins. According to that single media piece I read KW is looking to make further changes to the forwards. Lodge Haas and TPJ were great and I cannot see them changed this week. If Kennedy gets a run he'd be on for Lodge I suppose. I'd get Haas off before halftime but what do you do when the teams going alright and he wants to stay on.

I'd rather give the frontrow to Lodge and Kennedy and drop Haas back to second row. Two straight and hard, two creative metre gaining forwards to wreak havoc. Just get Dearden, Croft and Isaako following along behind.

Much like Kev’s good plan to minimise To’os impact last week, I hope he has a nice simple game plan to get a big body 1:1 with Moses and make him tackle all night. I also hope he fires someone up with the directive to belt him legally when he has the ball.

The eels have switched sides a few times this season so I’m unsure if Moses will be on TPJ and Croft’s side but I hope he is.

Moses is a cat and a flat-tack bully. Pressure him enough and he'll be throwing those no-look cutout passes in to the grandstand, he turns to shit real fast.

Which is why I reference 2018 when he was the primary play maker in our team for the first time, we went 15 and 9 and he was selected as our best player of the year indicating that he could do both things - get it?

Since then, pies destroyed the kid and he's a shell of what he was under competent coaching.
Perhaps at 26 years old and literally halfway through his career we should stop referring to him as a 'kid' as though he's still developing and growing lol.

Perhaps at 26 years old and literally halfway through his career we should stop referring to him as a 'kid' as though he's still developing and growing lol.
I dont enjoy any of your posts mate so stop quoting me or tagging me every day.

He's younger than me so he's a kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• kiwibronco
  • Broncosgirl
  • Xzei
  • Foordy
  • teampjta
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.