Round 7 - Tigers vs Broncos - Build Up Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bone bruising can be pretty nasty. Can't really put a time frame on it. It heals when it heals and just depends upon the severity I guess.

Not much impact coming off the bench is my only drama about the side. Wish we would send Hunt to QLD cup though

broncospwn said:
So is Hoffman still injured or has he been dropped?

I thought it was a two week injury, it's been 5 weeks now I think.
Has he been named in lower grades this week?
He's been dropped of course....What do you think?

They came out last week and said the injury was worse than initially thought and could be 5 or more weeks. It's only been 3 weeks, this will be the 4th.

mrslong said:
broncospwn said:
So is Hoffman still injured or has he been dropped?

I thought it was a two week injury, it's been 5 weeks now I think.
Has he been named in lower grades this week?
He's been dropped of course....What do you think?

They came out last week and said the injury was worse than initially thought and could be 5 or more weeks. It's only been 3 weeks, this will be the 4th.
I wasn't aware of that, makes sense.

TBH I'm sort of leaning towards the Nashy side of things, Beale has been really good and I don't think it would be wrong to keep him there even if Hoffman is fit, Hoffman can replace Copley on the wing if Beale stays playing very good. Hunt did the same in 06 and it worked for us. I wasn't keen at first but if he's going to be out for 6+ weeks then it's not the worst idea.

Either way I'll be happy with a Yow Yeh, Hoffman, Beale back three, what ever positions they play in.

The Rock said:
Hoffman has been orsm for 1 year and 3 weeks before be got injured. Why on earth would you drop him for Beale of even shift him for Beale. Hoffman was great in his first few games btw.

Makes nil sense.
Well yeah I guess but if Beale goes great and Hoffman is out for almost two months then it wouldn't be the worst move to ease him back into fullback.

I'll be happy with what ever decision is made.

Hoffman comes straight back in for mine, he was our best players last year. Suggesting he waits it out in QLD cup is a joke IMO. If he is out for 8 weeks a game or 2 in QLD cup wouldn't hurt though.

Hunt was injured in 06 and Hodges ripped it at fullback, I'm not saying Beale has played as good as Hodges did in 06, but if it isn't broken why fix it..

I don't have a problem with Hoffman playing wing or fullback, but it looks like Beale is more effective at fullback, they can just alternate throughout the game i guess...best of both.

Bucking Beads said:
Hoffman comes straight back in for mine, he was our best players last year. Suggesting he waits it out in QLD cup is a joke IMO. If he is out for 8 weeks a game or 2 in QLD cup wouldn't hurt though.
No I'm not suggesting he should wait it out in QLD cup at all. Max one game or just play a game or two on the wing instead of Copley then move him to fullback.

@PETERN that's sort of what I'm saying. We have 4 in a row(i think) with Beale at the back so we shouldn't be so quick to move him, he's been fantastic IMO.

If Copley goes great guns as well when Hoffman does go back to fullback do we drop Beale all together or does he replace Copley? It's a good headache to have compared to previous seasons!

I'm happy Hunt is back, Norman on the bench is a huge weakness IMO but I wouldn't mind seeing just 4 forward on the bench, we don't need a second hooker.

I think people are forgetting just how well Hoffman played last season, or does that count for nothing?

IMO he was our best player in what was a dreadful year. Beale has been doing an excellent job, but I'd still have Hoffman in there at fullback ahead of him.

ningnangnong said:
I think people are forgetting just how well Hoffman played last season, or does that count for nothing?

IMO he was our best player in what was a dreadful year. Beale has been doing an excellent job, but I'd still have Hoffman in there at fullback ahead of him.

I would too, just not straight away. It wouldn't hurt to ease him back in if he's been out for two months which may be the case.

I feel sorry for Hoffman IMO he might have been selected for the NZ test this year if he was fit.

Hoffman will come straight back in.
He's been missed in attack as he's the man Locky goes to in that sweeping move of ours.
Straight back in and Beale to the wing for Copley for mine

Tapa-mafia member

Ok this whole probability fiasco is doing my head in. MATHEMATICALLY it is 50/50 every time right?... so for e.g (Heads or Tails)

HTHTHT

HHHHHH

They both have the same probability right? It's just 'superstition' to think 'There were 8 Tails.... SURELY the next one will be Heads... when in fact... it is always 50/50 mathematically?... Is that right?!

Professor47 said:
Ok this whole probability fiasco is doing my head in. MATHEMATICALLY it is 50/50 every time right?... so for e.g (Heads or Tails)

HTHTHT

HHHHHH

They both have the same probability right? It's just 'superstition' to think 'There were 8 Tails.... SURELY the next one will be Heads... when in fact... it is always 50/50 mathematically?... Is that right?!
Nope [icon_lol1.
For each individual throw the probability is 50/50, but the probability of getting the same side of the coin repeatedly decreases for each consecutive throw, by half that amount.
Eg. original odds for heads was 50, but the chance of achieving 5 throws in a row with heads as a result would be 3.125%
1st: 50%
2nd: 25%
3rd: 12.5%
4th: 6.25 %
5th: 3.125%

This is only valid for this case, where there are only 2 possible outcomes and both possibilities are truly equal, meaning that no outside factor can influence the outcome.

In footy, it all goes out the window, because too many factors can influence the outcome.
/lecture :oops:

Professor47 said:

HTHTHT

HHHHHH

Although I'm no maths whiz no it's not right.

It's 50/50 for any single coin toss but for each time you get the same result it becomes more likely the next result will be different. In essence by the 100th coin toss you should have close to a 50H 50T result give or take a few.

I could be wrong here but to calculate the possibility of a 50/50 event achieving the same outcome successively you would take .5(being 50% chance) and raise it to the power of how many sequences you want to calculate the percentage for.

For example if you want to see how likely it is to get the same result(10 heads) in a row you would calculate .5 ^ 10 which is .00097 meaning it has a .00096% chance of occurring.

So to summarise each SINGLE toss still has a 50/50 chance however getting the SAME result continuously is not 50/50 chance and the possibility decreases with each toss.

To win 6 in a row(assuming it's 50/50) would be a 1.5% chance. So technically as we have had the same result 5 times in a row, the Tigers winning is a 98.5% chance :P

EDIT: [eusa_doh Porthoz already handed out a lecture before me [icon_lol1.
I did not see your post while I was making mine so please don't sue me for copyright infringement [icon_razz1

I feel like I'm doing General Maths in Year 12 all over again.

That subject was hilariously easy after dropping down from plain old Mathematics...it was literally doing stuff which I had learnt in Year 8. [icon_lol1.

Anyway, I'm sure no one will appreciate it if this thread becomes an ongoing maths lecture. [icon_wink

ningnangnong said:
I feel like I'm doing General Maths in Year 12 all over again.

That subject was hilariously easy after dropping down from plain old Mathematics...it was literally doing stuff which I had learnt in Year 8. [icon_lol1.

Anyway, I'm sure no one will appreciate it if this thread becomes an ongoing maths lecture. [icon_wink
Speak for yourself, I like maths! [icon_razz1

Why did I bring maths into it [eusa_doh

Heard on the radio that the tiggers get a few players back from injury

Browny said:
Why did I bring maths into it [eusa_doh

Heard on the radio that the tiggers get a few players back from injury

Yeah, McKinnon. [icon_lol1.

Galloway and Fulton too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Mightybroncs2k17
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Foordy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • bb_gun
  • Wolfie
  • Johnny92
  • Jazza
  • Sproj
  • theshed
  • davidp
  • RodF
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Midean
  • Aldo
  • broncos4life
  • Brocko
  • broncsgoat
  • MrRobot
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.