Round 7 - Tigers vs. Broncos - Post Match Discussion

Against that side tonight a genuine title chance would have scored thirty or better. Some nice patches but overall sloppy execution and a drop off in enthusiasm in the second half make me think we will be also rans this year. Love to be wrong though.

We're giving Hodges too much credit, his bad defense which let in the Utai try and Chris Lawrence wen't off injured early so he pretty much had no opposition centre to go up against.
Ayshford went off too didn't see Reed kill it?

4 wins in the bank ... just under half way to what I deemed as 'par' for this group this season...

I don't share the doom and gloom, we gutsed it out and got the 2, the boys put in a big effort tonight, very proud. We do have to fix our handling though.

My 2 big talking points are:

1. was very unhappy with the taking the quick tap when we were right in front leading by 10. When you're leading, you gotta take the points when they are on offer.

2. I've never had a problem with Robbie Farah before, but tonight he seemed like the biggest cheating ****wit. Benny Elias 2.0. Has he always been like that?

Yeah mate that's pretty standard for farah. Can't stand the f***

vertigo, your confidence before the game threw the entire cosmetic balance off kilter. As your confidence grew, our chances slimmed. From now on, resume criticising the team as often as possible.

You're the hero BHQ needs.

The first half looked so promising when for a change, we decided to work the right side in attack but then ... it stopped. Why did it stop?

The first half looked so promising when for a change, we decided to work the right side in attack but then ... it stopped. Why did it stop?

because the Caramello Koalas looked at the scoreboard and thought "how fucking good are we?"

Last edited:
Maranta's knock-on summed up the entire game for me, it was our game to lose and we should have lost.

We won and that is all that matters at this stage of the season. Plenty to work with for next week. It was a rubbish game with far too many penalties. Gillett is in top form and Hodges has been great in attack. Thaiday continues to stand up and lead from the front but he frustrates me by giving away so many penalties.

Can't blame Thaiday for penalties, both games tonight the refs blew the pea out of the whistle.

Thaiday gave away about 5 penalties, Hannant gave away about 3, shit discipline.

Can't blame Thaiday for penalties, both games tonight the refs blew the pea out of the whistle.

Happens every match mate. Not saying it is always his fault though. Sometimes I think he gets targeted.

How was the second try of the tigers not a penalty for holding back.
NZ must be feeling a bit ripped off, not a lot different from their disallowed try last week.

We slipped back into our old attacking bad habits, as soon as the tigers D adjusted to our only move we couldn't throw any variation at them.
We just appear leaderless out there sometimes

A win is a win even one as ugly as that one. Gillett, Hodgo and Sammy were all outstanding and Princey is really coming into his own, Wallace was terrible as per usual and Maranta is not a first grader and never will be. Souths will be tough but not unbeatable, I expect the Bronx to turn it on.

We won but need to improvement if we are going to put up a challenge to Souths. We were dominant in the 1st half but couldn't put them away. We were poor in the second half and almost lost an unlosable game considering the amount of possesion we had. Your the man Justin you were easily the best and most dangerous player in our team tonight.

im surprised by all the doom and gloom here. we got the job done. thats really how im seeing it. 2 pts notched up on the ladder. first 30 mins we absolutely dominated them. after that it didnt really matter. i honestly did not feel like we were ever going to lose. the refs were VERY bad, and brought them back into it. tigers were allowed to lay in the ruck to the excess. anyway, as i said, we go home with the points and thats all we needed.

saw someone complaining about norman. wtf?

we will lift for souths. no doubt about it. not saying we will win, but we will definitely lift.

Last edited:
Norman is utter utter rubbish. Like rnabokov said, his ego and lack of passing will and does make us revert to our flat one-out structure. I think Norman cost us at least 2 tries by not passing, maybe more. Hodges is a genius, very lucky he was on tonight, although he really needs to pass more, there are opportunities if he passes to Maranta.

WTF are you on mate....??

Norman scores the first try and has a hand in the 2nd and 3rd.

OK, he fucked up one high ball in a very Norman-esque way. Usually does at least one inexplicably dumb thing per match.

I still think he's linking with the back line very well.

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • Jedhead
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.