Round 7 - Tigers vs. Broncos - Post Match Discussion

The Farah Thaiday penalty was definitely a penalty for me. Farah might have deliberately thrown it into him, put Sam was definitely in the way and made no effort to lie down. Farah shouldn't have to make an effort to avoid passing it into Sam.

I've only seen the highlights. we won ugly. better than losing ugly (roosters and manly games).

Norman was good for the first 20 min where he had a hand in the first couple of tries. After that he was utter rubbish refusing to pass the ball to an unmarked Hoffman or Reed numerous times. I don't think we produced one 2nd man sweep play this game because Norman refused to pass the ball. Consequently, our structure became very flat and one out. I just want to know what happened to Norman tonight, the last few weeks he has been very good and exceeded my expectations, but not tonight.

Absolutely. And that is a lot of the reason we looked ordinary for more than half the game. Because Norman did a Hoffman, there was no depth and so back to the old bash and one-out barge.

The good thing was the right side attack at last, until it mysteriously disappeared.

And we still have no creativity up the middle.

Hope this was a good lesson for the Souths game. If we play like this next week it's a cricket score to Souths

We won ugly and dumb. 62% possession and all the field position but only a 10 point
lead at half time. We should have taken the 2 early in the second half as well, the only thing keeping them going was the closeness of the score.i really had the feeling if we had kicked away they would have crumbled but that is one of our weak points, there doesn't seem to be anyone who can feel the game out there

Like I've been saying, our only fault as a side is the lack of creativity from the spine. The forwards are completely dominating everything in front of them, sucking the defence in, making huge metres and bashing the opposition... but once they start running out of steam I feel like we might be in a bit of trouble. The exact same thing happened last year too.

Maranta might be a good player one day, but I admit that he doesn't seem like he's ready for NRL. His work under the high ball can be quite good, but he has little idea in attack. I think we'd benefit from having someone Hodges is good friends with on the wing, maybe that'll get him to start passing the ball more too.

I was at the game, and couldn't see the big screen due to some idiot planting a hedge on a wall, where there is no need for a hedge... so I didn't get a look at most replays, but my impression and certainly the impression of most of the Broncos supporters around me, was that the refs were horrible.

After the opening 20 minutes, I thought we were going to run up a huge score. It just looked too easy - and then we took our foot off the pedal. That second half was a wee bit pathetic. A real lack of focus lead to some pretty poor mistakes.

Hodges is the man.

The Farah Thaiday penalty was definitely a penalty for me. Farah might have deliberately thrown it into him, put Sam was definitely in the way and made no effort to lie down. Farah shouldn't have to make an effort to avoid passing it into Sam.
Farah is a smart player, he can be bagged as a "cheat" but the reality is Macca isn't anywhere near his level. I hardly ever see Macca getting us a penalty by exploiting lazy markers or doing cheeky things like that. The best hookers all try to get their teams cheeky penalties. Macca is sllowwwww and Hunt is a halfback playing a bench hooker role because Baptise slept with Griffins wife.

Macca has played 107 first grade games, experience is not an excuse anymore.

Last edited:
Can someone tell me why Hala is only getting 10-20mins a game? (if he's lucky). I don't think he came on til nearly halfway into the second half. He's a great defender (once he grabs onto someone he doesn't let go i.e. JT jersey tackle last week) and the only way he'll get NRL match-fit is by playing more minutes. McGuire must have gotten a fair chunk of all the benchies minutes I suppose. And rightly so, to a point ...

8 mins!!!! He got a lousy 8 mins!!!!! Which goes to show that Hook has learned nothing from last year when his key forwards were totally spent in the last quarter of the season, I have said it a million times but I will say it once again, The Broncos will never realize their full potential with this clown at the helm.

Against the rather fearsome Souths pack, I somehow think he and the whole bench will get a lot more minutes

Tigers injury list...

1. Moltzen
2. Koroibete
3. Ayshford
4. Lawrence
5. Tuqiri
6. Anasta
7. Marshall
8. Gavet
9. Galloway
13. Matthew Bell

Almost a first grade team right there.
i'm guessing you meant to put galloway at prop, gavet at hooker? hahaha

Active Now

• Jazza
  • Fozz
  • Cavalo
  • Broncosarethebest
  • sooticus
  • Galah
  • Brocko
  • Big Del
  • Wild Horse
  • BroncosAlways
  • Shane Tronc
  • bb_gun
  • Bucking Beads
  • Wolfie
  • Dash
  • Jedhead
  • Financeguy
  • Fitzy
  • Broncorob
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.