Round 7 - Tigers vs. Broncos - Pre-Match Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
On paper we should win this one well. Tigers without plenty of players while we are at full strength. Our forward pack should just smash theirs and hopefully our halves are good enough to put on a few tries.
minus jharal :(

I keep forgetting that Stagg is injured, would he make it back into the 17?

I quite like our current 17.

yeah I forgot Stagg

I keep forgetting that Stagg is injured, would he make it back into the 17?

I don't think Stagg offers much off the bench, I'm not even sure why we signed him since he wont see big minutes.

I think Stagg has been pretty decent in his limited minutes. He provides some variety with a passing game, and as we all know he's very strong defensively.

With Stagg, our bench would probably look like this -

14. Hunt
15. McGuire
16. Anderson
17. Stagg

With Stagg in there, and the mandatory selection of Hunt, there's no room for David Hala. Would you rather have an explosive front-rower making huge metres for 20-30 minutes, or a solid back-rower playing for the same amount of time who offers little in attack but is a rock in defense?

With Stagg, our bench would probably look like this -

14. Hunt
15. McGuire
16. Anderson
17. Stagg

With Stagg in there, and the mandatory selection of Hunt, there's no room for David Hala. Would you rather have an explosive front-rower making huge metres for 20-30 minutes, or a solid back-rower playing for the same amount of time who offers little in attack but is a rock in defense?

Hala, of course. I'd drop Anderson instead. He's a worse version of McGuire, and we don't really need 3 props on the bench.

Yep, drop Anderson, but also Stagg :)

Hala, of course. I'd drop Anderson instead. He's a worse version of McGuire, and we don't really need 3 props on the bench.
Of course we don't need 3 props, but the way Griffin picks his sides, I'm sure he'd pick Hala over Stagg,

Hasn't hala been subing in for Gillett anyway

Yeah, I don't see the point of having McGuire, Stagg and Anderson on the bench. Too many similarities so I'd have Hala over Anderson.

Nothing against Anderson as I quite like him but you need a bit of variety on the bench.

Yeah, I don't see the point of having McGuire, Stagg and Anderson on the bench. Too many similarities so I'd have Hala over Anderson.

Nothing against Anderson as I quite like him but you need a bit of variety on the bench.

Certainly no point having Stagg and Anderson together. They're both adequate workhorses, but not the least bit threatening. So I agree, I'd prefer Hala over Anderson.

Anderson is my least-liked player in our team so I'm always happy for him to be dropped to reserves for pretty much anyone.

dont see the point in stagg. i guess my only concern is burnout of parker over a long season, and thats where stagg will be useful, esp over origin period.

but at full strength, i'd rather just run with mcguire anderson and hala on the bench in short powerful bursts and play parker gillet and glenn for 80

I think Gillet and Glenn play better when they don't play the full 80, I worry we are going to burn out those players, and you can throw Hannant, Thaiday and Parker into the mix as well. Come towards the end of the year they might really start to tire.

I think Gillet and Glenn play better when they don't play the full 80, I worry we are going to burn out those players, and you can throw Hannant, Thaiday and Parker into the mix as well. Come towards the end of the year they might really start to tire.

for sure.

i just think thaiday moving back to 2nd row if glenn/gillett/parker have a break with hala or anderson coming on as prop is better than having stagg on the bench.

Stop putting Gillett on the bench, I need his stats for fantasy footy! :shady:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Evander
  • Fatboy
  • theshed
  • eggstar10
  • Manofoneway
  • BroncosAlways
  • Bucking Beads
  • mitch222
  • GCBRONCO
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Johnny92
  • broncomax
  • Bish
  • lynx000
  • barker
  • Waynesaurus
  • Locky's Left Boot
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.