Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
theshed

theshed

Just a Game
Aug 28, 2010
100% TPJ gets suspended this week.
He’s been far too clean. Coming up against the NRL’s golden team and the greatest ever poaching raid from any club in history David Fifita.
If it’s anything under 4wks I’ll be shocked.

This is TPJs biggest assignment of the year and I hope he takes the match up personally. Fifita’s peak is unrivalled but I think TPJ has more grit and can really rattle the big fella if he turns it on.

NSW stables

NSW stables

NRL Player
May 3, 2019
100% TPJ gets suspended this week.
He’s been far too clean. Coming up against the NRL’s golden team and the greatest ever poaching raid from any club in history David Fifita.
If it’s anything under 4wks I’ll be shocked.

If i am civo, i am in TPJs ear all week about taking it to fifita (ala 2018 TPJ vs JT13). Trying to make it a rivalry between them like mark carroll vs paul harragon.

Hopefully TPJ and gamble are getting off the defensive line quick and stopping fifita before he gets going (similar to what was done with kikau).

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
What’s gamble’s kicking game like? Are we going to see 2018 poty Milford back with the long kicking duties?

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Is this Gambles first real opportunity with us that didn't come from a last minute injury?

the first time he might be able to string a few games together in the top grade. I'm actually excited to see what he could do

T

Thelmus

NRL Player
Apr 19, 2016
Is this Gambles first real opportunity with us that didn't come from a last minute injury?

the first time he might be able to string a few games together in the top grade. I'm actually excited to see what he could do
[/QU
Didn't get a run on debut to get injured in the first few minutes. He's been terribly unlucky. For his sake I hope he has a blinder (even if we lose).
But, really if he just does the little things right thats all you can expect. Anything else is a bonus right now. How is his kicking game?

Tristan1990

Tristan1990

QCup Player
Sep 29, 2016
What’s gamble’s kicking game like? Are we going to see 2018 poty Milford back with the long kicking duties?
For fantasy reasons i want to know what his role is hahah... i assume milf will do all the kicking and put up his pointless midfield bombs with no-one chasing though

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013

He shares it with Ahearn and they are both good kickers on either side. Kicks goals too. He's kicked 21 times this year in four games and averages 125m.

He's sets up on the right for Norths.

Ahearn would be taking a lot off him, when he was at Dolphins in 2019 he was the main kicker and kicked over 2000 metres and that was only from 11 games when he came back from Sydney.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
From the little I've seen, Gamble has looked pretty good. I am happy to see him get a chance, he can't be worse than Dearden at least.

Alex Wingnut

Alex Wingnut

NYC Player
Jan 7, 2021
If i am civo, i am in TPJs ear all week about taking it to fifita (ala 2018 TPJ vs JT13). Trying to make it a rivalry between them like mark carroll vs paul harragon.

Hopefully TPJ and gamble are getting off the defensive line quick and stopping fifita before he gets going (similar to what was done with kikau).
I think TPJ took it personally last game against him and it was great to watch he actually bullied him at some stages. (ran him over and rag dolled the shit out of him). I think out of all the players in the NRL Tevita is the most equipped to dominate him physically which we rarely see.

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
Goes to show you where we at though, we basically need TPJ to play as the best forward you ever seen to get wins, we lacking massively in other areas if it comes to that.

Jedhead

Jedhead

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jan 8, 2018
Goes to show you where we at though, we basically need TPJ to play as the best forward you ever seen to get wins, we lacking massively in other areas if it comes to that.
Yip that's about the gist of it. We should be suing Siebold for false advertising and a gross dereliction of duty. Between him and the fuckwits in the front office (including the R&R dept) they have succeeded in doing something the southern mob have tried for decades to do, they have utterly destroyed Queensland's finest.

It might take years to get us back to the top, but I'm sure we'll eventually get there.

International Rep
Apr 14, 2013
I hope for his sake, and ours, he kills it.

You’d also expect he has a strong drive and determination, given he’s been hovering in and around first grade for some time without being able to ever crack it properly.

Hopefully his determined attitude rubs off on some of the players in our squad who have been on cruise control.

He isn’t a kill it player but he could be a get you around the field player and kick on the fifth while getting guys to do something player.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
I liked Tyson at the Phins. He is a solid half and i think he will do well, physically i think he will be a bit more solid in defence than our other halves, but he probably isnt the half we need alongside Milf. He's very much a 6 imo, he isnt a halfback.

Our issue is going to be if we go back to giving Milford all the responsibility on last tackle. He looked good at Souths chiming in when he wanted, playing the way he used to. If we bring him back in and expect him to be the game managing, controlling half its going to end in tears. Its just not his game, never has been and never will be.

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
If TPJ does a good job on Fifita I think he'll probably play origin this year.
I honestly think he is blacklisted after he said last year he wish he could play for QLD but he isn't eligible.

heartly87

heartly87

NRL Player
May 10, 2014
I liked Tyson at the Phins. He is a solid half and i think he will do well, physically i think he will be a bit more solid in defence than our other halves, but he probably isnt the half we need alongside Milf. He's very much a 6 imo, he isnt a halfback.

Our issue is going to be if we go back to giving Milford all the responsibility on last tackle. He looked good at Souths chiming in when he wanted, playing the way he used to. If we bring him back in and expect him to be the game managing, controlling half its going to end in tears. Its just not his game, never has been and never will be.
He will likely be the biggest 7 we have ever had run out, he is like 6'1, 95kg or there abouts. He could be the lock this team needs next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• john1420
  • RolledOates
  • mrslong
  • Mr Fourex
  • sooticus
  • The Strapper
  • Dexter
  • Bucking Beads
  • Strop
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • winslow_wong
  • BRC088
  • leon.bott
  • Cavalo
  • Big Del
  • Brocko
  • upthebroncs
  • FACTHUNT
  • Harry Sack
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.