10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
TBF that could be as simple as the boys telling him "You can't pass up that money Dave, go for it"

Rubbish article. This mythical player that apparently told Fifita to walk isn't named, and the writer claims Donaughy is apart of our recruitment committee despite the fact he hasn't been allowed to start work until this coming weekend.
Remember when Hannant got raked over the coals for giving contract advice to a player the club was negotiating with. At least Griffin had the balls to drop him for it.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Didn’t Hodges tell Inglis not to come?

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Didn’t Hodges tell Inglis not to come?

nah ... it was because planes can't fly in the rain 😛

in seriousness though, it was reported that Hodges warned him about being coached by Henjak

the difference between this article and what happened in the Hodges GI situation, is the player was named. this time it is some random un-named players.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
nah ... it was because planes can't fly in the rain 😛

in seriousness though, it was reported that Hodges warned him about being coached by Henjak

the difference between this article and what happened in the Hodges GI situation, is the player was named. this time it is some random un-named players.

Yeah of course, don’t take my comment as believing this rubbish. I could have written this piece of garbage.

Matheos

Matheos

NYC Player
Apr 4, 2014
Titans by 18+, with Fifita to score at least a double. The true depths this club have sunk to will be put under the spotlight on friday. I am convinced our playing group are as mentally defeated as ever. I really don't envy DD's first day on the job.

I'm half tempted to not even watch, but I will, because clearly I'm a glutton for punishment.
Why have you bought into the media drivel that we are an extremely bad team and the Titans are an extremely good one? I think you're opinion has been affected by our draw and ladder position.
I wrote in an earlier post that attitude and effort is 10-fold on what we were dishing out last year and we have played superbly at home. We have led at half-time in all 3 games against Eels, Dogs and Panthers. The Titans on the other hand are a middle of the road team, will hover around that 6th-9th ladder spot and Fifita's individual performances continue to mask the deficiencies in their side and poor halves play. The game will be more than competitive.
#Bronxnation

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
Parra stealing McCracken, Dymock, Pay and Smith in '95 I reckon still goes down as the greatest ever poaching raid ever
Remember when the dogs stole prime Hannant, Ennis, Staggs and Beastwood.

Locky's Left Boot

Locky's Left Boot

NYC Player
Jul 26, 2017
I've probably done him a disservice tbh. He is a good kicker, i'm just really saying i think he is a five eighth and i dont think people should be expecting him to be a game managing 7.
If it was up to you, which ISC halfback would you sign for Brisbane?

LittleDavey

LittleDavey

NRL Captain
Mar 25, 2013
Well, I'm heading down tomorrow at sparrow's fart with my 12yo for his first live game, and my first since Inglis singlehandedly tore us a new arsehole a few years back. Joining my folks (mum's first game) and sister (her first as well). I SHOULD be totally fucking stoked but I'll tell you there's more trepidation than anticipation at this point. I really don't want to see another loss...and if we play like we have so far this year at Suncorp, we should win it. I'm just concerned about what last week did to the boys, and how well the halves changes will go. I'm excited to see Gamble get a run though, he has been playing really well.

I know both me & the old man are keen to get in and around Milton by 3-4pm to soak up the pre-game atmosphere (and some beers on Caxton St) - so if any of you other regulars are going to be out and about feel free to shoot me a PM, be nice to put some faces to the names if it works out.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Ahhh, great. My optimistic outlook has returned. The future is again bright. Unfortunately it means I have to have a punt. ****, the downside of my baseless optimism 😥

Kooly87

Kooly87

NRL Captain
Jun 2, 2017
Ahhh, great. My optimistic outlook has returned. The future is again bright. Unfortunately it means I have to have a punt. ****, the downside of my baseless optimism 😥
At this point I almost feel sorry for the bookmakers who've been cleaning up on all your cash and not even being able to take their families on a flash overseas holiday to spend it all.

heartly87

heartly87

NRL Player
May 10, 2014
Rubbish article. This mythical player that apparently told Fifita to walk isn't named, and the writer claims Donaughy is apart of our recruitment committee despite the fact he hasn't been allowed to start work until this coming weekend.
These articles and talk on 360 are designed to do one thing, stop anyone going to the Broncos. If we sign one of young guys they say we have overpaid or are trying to keep them all and our club is in a shambles, if we don't sign them we lost the next Wally Lewis and the club is in a shambles. All our players are talked up as stars Nui was Darren, Piakura was a Sonny Bill like fun, now they have signed with us they are not talked about.

It's market manipulation and the reason Wayne was able to overcome it all those years is because he bigger then the media. Players know what Wayne can do for you as a coach so they came.

Kev is unproven so it will be harder for him to fight back. I think that's why he is giving them nothing. Dearden was being talked up as a new Langer in the media but Kev was presenting him as a kid that needs work and will be the future.

The media know all we need is one big player to sign to get more coming. They will say anything and everything to stop that from happening.

Wolfie

Wolfie

International Captain
Jan 14, 2015
If it was up to you, which ISC halfback would you sign for Brisbane?

Thats a tough one. I'm not sure there is one in ISC, at least in QLD that i think is good enough and the type of player we need. You have me stumped! Most of the good 7's like Cullen, Scarlett etc have already had chances in the NRL and havent been good enough.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Well, I'm heading down tomorrow at sparrow's fart with my 12yo for his first live game, and my first since Inglis singlehandedly tore us a new arsehole a few years back. Joining my folks (mum's first game) and sister (her first as well). I SHOULD be totally fucking stoked but I'll tell you there's more trepidation than anticipation at this point. I really don't want to see another loss...and if we play like we have so far this year at Suncorp, we should win it. I'm just concerned about what last week did to the boys, and how well the halves changes will go. I'm excited to see Gamble get a run though, he has been playing really well.

I know both me & the old man are keen to get in and around Milton by 3-4pm to soak up the pre-game atmosphere (and some beers on Caxton St) - so if any of you other regulars are going to be out and about feel free to shoot me a PM, be nice to put some faces to the names if it works out.

What pre-game atmosphere? The one where fans need to drown their sorrows by 7.30pm so they can forget the game the next day?

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
At this point I almost feel sorry for the bookmakers who've been cleaning up on all your cash and not even being able to take their families on a flash overseas holiday to spend it all.
Yes, they beat me 99 times out of 100. I'm a shit punter. Like it though and seeing as I hardly drink these days I'm using that extra saving to help the poor bookmakers kids through university 😀

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Galah
  • Xzei
  • Morkel
  • Horseheadsup
  • Bucking Beads
  • Mr Fourex
  • Scdeac
  • Fozz
  • Bronx48
  • BroncosAlways
  • john1420
  • Santa
  • winslow_wong
  • Old Mate
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.