PRE-GAME Round 8 - Broncos v Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
He will likely be the biggest 7 we have ever had run out, he is like 6'1, 95kg or there abouts. He could be the lock this team needs next year.

I'll be surprised if he does play a lot of NRL footy tbh. I think he is going to be one of these players who will always be handy backup and pretty good in ISC but he wont step up consistently in the NRL. He has a chance though to play a fair bit this year.

I liked Tyson at the Phins. He is a solid half and i think he will do well, physically i think he will be a bit more solid in defence than our other halves, but he probably isnt the half we need alongside Milf. He's very much a 6 imo, he isnt a halfback.

Our issue is going to be if we go back to giving Milford all the responsibility on last tackle. He looked good at Souths chiming in when he wanted, playing the way he used to. If we bring him back in and expect him to be the game managing, controlling half its going to end in tears. Its just not his game, never has been and never will be.
1910 just said that he is the player to get you around the park and mentioned his kicking game, add him being a good communicator and he's already better than what we've had.

1910 just said that he is the player to get you around the park and mentioned his kicking game, add him being a good communicator and he's already better than what we've had.

I'm sticking with my opinion of him. Seen enough of him playing for Redcliffe to know he isnt a game managing half. Kicking a lot of metres doesn't necessarily make you a good kicker ( although he is fairly decent, not poor, but not a great either ) @1910 said he could get you around the park, but like he also said, Ahern takes a fair bit of pressure off him as well, dont think Milf will, or Milf will do all the kicking anyway. Tbh, i would be picking him or Milf at 6, not convinced they will work as a pair. They might do ok for a game or two, but its not going to last imo.

I'm sticking with my opinion of him. Seen enough of him playing for Redcliffe to know he isnt a game managing half. Kicking a lot of metres doesn't necessarily make you a good kicker ( although he is fairly decent, not poor, but not a great either ) @1910 said he could get you around the park, but like he also said, Ahern takes a fair bit of pressure off him as well, dont think Milf will, or Milf will do all the kicking anyway. Tbh, i would be picking him or Milf at 6, not convinced they will work as a pair. They might do ok for a game or two, but its not going to last imo.
From what I’ve seen Gamble’s best kick are inside the attacking 20m. Not much chop outside of that. Just a big body that can do the basic. I don’t think he’ll be our Fogarty anytime soon. Would’ve happily gone Croft Gamble this week and hoped we bored titans to a loss.

From what I’ve seen Gamble’s best kick are inside the attacking 20m. Not much chop outside of that. Just a big body that can do the basic. I don’t think he’ll be our Fogarty anytime soon. Would’ve happily gone Croft Gamble this week and hoped we bored titans to a loss.

I've probably done him a disservice tbh. He is a good kicker, i'm just really saying i think he is a five eighth and i dont think people should be expecting him to be a game managing 7.

I don't know what the team would do with a half who can actually build pressure and get repeat sets, I think everyone's forgotten how to attack for more than one set at a time...

I'll be surprised if he does play a lot of NRL footy tbh. I think he is going to be one of these players who will always be handy backup and pretty good in ISC but he wont step up consistently in the NRL. He has a chance though to play a fair bit this year.
Whitchurch 2.0

yeah it had nothing to do with the $1.2 million a season.

they also didn't name the player that reportedly told him to go to the Titans (a basket case for the 5 previous years) ... now if they had said his mummy told him not to re-sign with us, i could believe that.

if there was much to this report, it would have been like when Hodges reportedly told GI to stay away due to Henjak, they would have named the player

Titans by 18+, with Fifita to score at least a double. The true depths this club have sunk to will be put under the spotlight on friday. I am convinced our playing group are as mentally defeated as ever. I really don't envy DD's first day on the job.

I'm half tempted to not even watch, but I will, because clearly I'm a glutton for punishment.

100% TPJ gets suspended this week.
He’s been far too clean. Coming up against the NRL’s golden team and the greatest ever poaching raid from any club in history David Fifita.
If it’s anything under 4wks I’ll be shocked.
Parra stealing McCracken, Dymock, Pay and Smith in '95 I reckon still goes down as the greatest ever poaching raid ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• theshed
  • bert_lifts
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Cavalo
  • broncoscope
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • LGH
  • ostin86
  • Harry Sack
  • broncsgoat
  • Robboi_321
  • FACTHUNT
  • Jedhead
  • broncos4life
  • Waynesaurus
  • Gaz
  • Tmac
  • Fitzy
  • RolledOates
  • MrTickyMcG
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.