PRE-GAME Round 8 - Broncos vs Eels

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

So uhh what the **** happened to Waddell? No one ever really mentions his name.
Well I don't think anyone rates him. I don't really see a spot for him unless Macca is injured, and even then I'd prefer Parcell got a shot.

I noticed when watching the Eels play last week that Reece Robinson's positioning is extremely suspect, he gets to the ball OK and shows no urgency to get out of the in goal..there were about 4 occasions where Mullen/Roberts put it through where he could of easily gotten out of the in goal but pretty much ran the other way. Something to look at.

IIRC the plan for Joe was 3 weeks off and then back to it? With Garbutt being hooked last week I could see him coming in. Otherwise 1-16 is what I expect to see.

I hope Garbutt plays again but it does look like he will be the one making way for Offa when he returns.
Playing someone for 10min is straight out of the Hook playbook.

Travis Waddell is going to have a hard time getting mentioned here. Few rated him before the season and I'm not sure he's done enough to warrant a run over Niko. His team went down 24-0 last weekend but he has crossed at least once this season.

If kahu is out again i really hope Maranta is back this weekend. He does a decent job for us and It's one less person we have to play out of position. Last week was a bit of a cluster **** in terms of positional changes. And I hope Wayne has realized what a liability hodges is in defence And that it puts so much unnecessary pressure on the rest of the team.

Never thought I'd see the day. "I hope Maranta is back". What a truly amazing world we live in, because I don't disagree.

He offers a certain stability and confidence at the back which is very useful and importantly, reduces the positional shuffling which I think made us lose cohesion too often last game, pretty well put by Astro in his post.

But it's Kahu I am most wanting back. He offers so much more for mine than Maranta.

Since were got an injury crisis in the fullback department (obviously Milford isn't classed as a fullback).

I just want someone who is safe at the back ... and that is Maranta ... probably won't win us game, but unlikely to cost us games either.

but for the love of god, someone tell him when he is playing fullback and we are defending our line, he should be positioned behind the defensive line, not in it, as i saw several times against the Roosters.

We could put Reed up against him and make a mighty match up

Put Reed in a race with Takaraingi, Goodwin and Farrell. I reckon there'd be enough time for a nap and you'd still be able to catch the finish. To make it even more interesting start them at 50m and have Roberts, Koroibete, Meed, Morgan, O'neil, Uate, Holmes and Johnson race the full 100m.

Yeah I noticed that too. He stands too shallow on tackles one and two of most sets too. A forty twenty could be had.

I guess either way this will keep Vidot in the team. Unless WB opts to blood a rookie, which ordinarily I'd want, but up against semi isn't the time to do that.

When Hodges comes back I hope its to play centre. Not centre sometimes, fullback others and dummy half once a set. I really can't wait to see what Boyd brings even if it is just stability of where people play.

The Sharks did Souths. We did the Sharks. We are a better side now that then. For me that bodes well. I just hope if Hodges plays he is 100% fit and stays in the centres.

I want to see the move we put on the dragons for our 1st try ... a few times, and a lot of short kicks behind the line for Milford, Oates, Copley, Gillett. Thaiday passing as well as hitting hard in defence.

The forwards to give Hunt and Milford time and space with quick play the balls and momentum, then the ball to the edges, to the outside backs in some sweeping plays. Damn this side has so much to offer.

Parra looked disjointed against the knights but gritted it out, thats a sign that if they get it right this week they could be very dangerous, its going to be close for sure, an upset wouldnt surprise me in the slightest and nothing the eels would love more is than two away wins on the trot.
We need to come ready to turn it on, if we dont they will beat us.

I suspect we will be up for this game. There are no easy games so I should hope WB has them fired. Parra love coming up home, really they all do.

I'm expecting a big game from McGuire.

Last year was the first time he had played on Anzac Day and I thought he was a bit of a mixed bag.

I really didn't think much of most of our starting forward pack really. I'm hoping for a much better performance to make up for last year and last week.

Last edited:
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.