Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Justin Hodges, Alex Glenn and Mitch Garbutt have not been named because of injury.

Broncos Ins and Outs - Round 8 - Broncos

I wouldn't be surprised to see Hodges named as a late inclusion. If that happens, it wouldn't be surprising to see Hodges named at right centre with Copley playing outside of him. That's far from an ideal pairing but given the mistakes Vidot came up with on Friday night, maybe a more preferable option.

Molo's selection is very curious as I doubt it's being based on form. Make no mistake about it, this is a career defining performance and if Molo falters he may receive a tap on the shoulder in order to secure some of the other young talents on the roster. Keep a close eye on him, particularly in defence and see if he can make the step up because his form for Norths has been very disappointing.

It should be a very close game. I don't want to make any bold predictions until I catch a replay of the Eels Round 7 performance but on the face of it, with both teams struggling to field their top side I can see it going either way.

Mitch06

Mitch06

NRL Player
Jan 23, 2014
I would be expecting Semi to be a late conclusion, the Eels will probably give him this week to prove his fitness. He is the best winger in the competition on his day..Vidot better be up for the challenge!! Shall be interesting seeing Thaiday back at 2nd row, I hope he doesn't play a full game, even if we have 3 bench props.

K-Style

K-Style

NRL Player
Jun 1, 2014
I would be expecting Semi to be a late conclusion, the Eels will probably give him this week to prove his fitness. He is the best winger in the competition on his day..Vidot better be up for the challenge!! Shall be interesting seeing Thaiday back at 2nd row, I hope he doesn't play a full game, even if we have 3 bench props.

Who else would you match up against Radradra?

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Anyone else find it interesting that Thaiday was named on the right hand side of the field, both his and Gillett's preferred side.. maybe that's indicative of the current pecking order.

Glenn > Thaiday > Gillett

Marty Deutschmann

Marty Deutschmann

NRL Captain
Oct 23, 2013
BRONCOS
1. Lachlan Maranta
2. Corey Oates
3. Jack Reed
4. Dale Copley
5. Daniel Vidot
6. Anthony Milford
7. Ben Hunt
8. Josh McGuire
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Adam Blair
11. Matt Gillett
12. Sam Thaiday
13. Corey Parker ©

Interchange:
14. Jarrod Wallace
15. Francis Molo
16. Mitchell Dodds
17. Kodi Nikorima

Anyone else find it interesting that Thaiday was named on the right hand side of the field, both his and Gillett's preferred side.. maybe that's indicative of the current pecking order.

Glenn > Thaiday > Gillett
Honestly, don't look too much into things or over think them.

Broncoman

Broncoman

State of Origin Rep
Oct 9, 2011
BRONCOS
1. Lachlan Maranta
2. Corey Oates
3. Jack Reed
4. Dale Copley
5. Daniel Vidot
6. Anthony Milford
7. Ben Hunt
8. Josh McGuire
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Adam Blair
11. Matt Gillett
12. Sam Thaiday
13. Corey Parker ©

Interchange:
14. Jarrod Wallace
15. Francis Molo
16. Mitchell Dodds
17. Kodi Nikorima

Not to bad of a team

Good to see Molo back and Maranta at fullback. Hopefully Thiaday has regained confidence and will produce a big game. Garbutt didn't really impress me tbh.

Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Very happy to see Molo in, he and Offa are our future!

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
I will be so happy if Vidot plays now.

DANIEL Vidot’s shaky career at the Broncos has taken another twist with the hulking winger in doubt for Saturday night’s clash against the Eels after straining his calf.
Utility Aaron Whitchurch is understood to be on standby and is likely to be at Brisbane’s final training run on Thursday as insurance for Vidot.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
If Whitchurch plays, I am going to be pissed.

Just bring up someone else from the reserve grade. What's the worst that could happen?

Is Eden injured? If not, why not him?

Last edited:
Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
If Whitchurch plays, I am going to be ****ed.

Just bring up someone from the reserve grade. What's the worst that could happen?

Is Eden injured? If not, why not him?

I agree, would love to see Anderson get a go.

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
**** not Whitchurch, anyone but him

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Yeah I think Aaron has had plenty of chances, time to give someone else a crack. Maybe Opacic or Drew.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I'm interested in the game Thaiday is going to play in the back row. I hope it's with the same energy as v Roosters. Seems he will be running off Milford.

Ah, the good old days. He did some very good stuff off the short ball close to the opposition like. I hope Milford and Sammy work that way.

I also hope Milford isn't locked into one side and gets a roving commission

Last edited by a moderator:
Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Bennett is really going out on a limb for Whitchurch isn't he?

While I can't exactly argue over whether he deserves to be there, you'd assume given his policy on front rowers that he'd give another back an opportunity to showcase their abilities. Whether that should be Opacic, Eden or Anderson I don't entirely know but it's odd to see him roll the dice on Molo and then just default on Whitchurch.

For the Broncos sake, I hope it pans out. I think that goes without saying but at the same time it does get lost in the process of people picking a side and not just fence sitting.

I want to make one point clear, I don't think Whitchurch is entirely terrible. This is somebody who was a clear stand-out in his age group, certainly showed some glimpses in the juniors and I actually thought he'd make a handy replacement for Te'o. Unfortunately injuries completely derailed him and he's had a tough time fighting through ever since. To his credit, he was one of only a few positives to emerge out of the Dolphins disappointing 2014 campaign and from all reports is giving his all off the field.

I just hope it translates well.

Or at least better than his last game against the Eels. I think he lasted all of two minutes before he got Hook'd?

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
Dear god ... anyone but Whitchurch.

If Vidot is on the outer with Bennett because of errors, then how the hell would Whitchurch get another game.

You can't tell me we don't have someone better than Whitchurch in either the NYC or ISC.

Surely any of the following players would be better options.

Anderson
Nem
Drew
Opacac (spelling)
J. Nikorima (as a center pushing Reed to wing)
Hell, even the 80 year old granny in the stands.

If Shitchurh is the best replacement we have, then our outside back stocks are in serious trouble.

In fact, if he plays (especially if he marks Radradra) i might even tip against us. Because the Eels will have a field day against him.

Unread

Active Now

• marw
  • Manofoneway
  • winslow_wong
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.