Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

austin71

austin71

NRL Player
Apr 21, 2013
Surely Whitchurch isn't our next best Winger... Seriously!

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
Surely Drew or Opacic would be better than Whitchurch. Either Whitchurch is Bennett's illegitimate love child or he has some incriminating photos of him somewhere.

jarro65

jarro65

State of Origin Rep
Jun 26, 2008
I'm interested in the game Thaiday is going to play in the back row. I hope it's with the same energy as v Roosters. Seems he will be running off Milford.

Ah, the good old days. He did some very good stuff off the short ball close to the opposition like. I hope Milford and Sammy work that way.

I also hope Milford isn't locked into one side and gets a roving commission

Wouldn't it be great to get him back terrorising the edge defence again ?

Handy ballplayer at the line too... very Glen Stewart like, and a very handy skill to possess.

Last edited by a moderator:
noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
milford plays on the left. would imagine thaiday will play right with gillett on left.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
milford plays on the left. would imagine thaiday will play right with gillett on left.
Gillett on the left might be a good thing for Milford. As good as Glenn has been going, he isn't the type of player that will provide much second phase for Anthony to profit off, but Matt is.

B

bazza

NRL Player
Sep 24, 2013
I've got nothing against Whitchurch, but honestly I'd prefer Gillett to play centre and push Copley (unfortunately) to the wing. I know it's not ideal, but its probably the lesser of two evils. If Hodges or Kahu is fit, then that will change everything for the better, but since its likely they won't be playing, I'd prefer if we didn't see Whitchurch in the team. The other option is going with Eden or Anderson.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
I don't get the reliance on Whitchurch either. Bennett must see something that we don't. Surely Nikorima to starting winger and Eden or Parcell to the bench is a better option

CaptainHook

CaptainHook

NRL Player
Jun 17, 2013
I don't mind Whitchurch. His shocker against Souths was weeks ago and no doubt he will have learned from it. Looking forward to a much improved performance.

Not much between him and Vidot. Only difference I can see is the mistakes that Whitchurch made didn't cost us that game.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
And Whitchurch is big enough to hopefully handle the Semi Trailer.

Rally Towel

Rally Towel

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2014
And Whitchurch is big enough to hopefully handle the Semi Trailer.

Hearing Semi won't be a late inclusion so hopefully a moot point. Big as he is, I think Whitchurch would be shown up big time.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Hearing Semi won't be a late inclusion so hopefully a moot point. Big as he is, I think Whitchurch would be shown up big time.

No Semi would be huge for us. Parra's points will only come from the gods going up against our defence.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
I found this pretty interesting.

To me, it shows that Broncos need to get off to a good start otherwise they could find it very difficult to win.

Round-8-V-Eels-2.jpg

One team starts their games at a slow pace while the other team struggles to finish them off, which should make for a thrilling contest. Parramatta have only scored 9.0% (2/22) of their tries in the first 20 minutes of the game. While for Brisbane, crossing the line in the back-end of matches is their weakness with only 9.5% (2/21) of their tries coming in the final 20 minutes.

5 Things You Should Know: Round 8 - Broncos

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
I found this pretty interesting.

To me, it shows that Broncos need to get off to a good start otherwise they could find it very difficult to win.

Round-8-V-Eels-2.jpg

One team starts their games at a slow pace while the other team struggles to finish them off, which should make for a thrilling contest. Parramatta have only scored 9.0% (2/22) of their tries in the first 20 minutes of the game. While for Brisbane, crossing the line in the back-end of matches is their weakness with only 9.5% (2/21) of their tries coming in the final 20 minutes.

5 Things You Should Know: Round 8 - Broncos

I would put that down to our front row fatiguing, so basically our lack of size up front is having a tangible effect.

Hopefully Blair's return will help that situation but he needs to be in good form.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I would put that down to our front row fatiguing, so basically our lack of size up front is having a tangible effect.

Hopefully Blair's return will help that situation but he needs to be in good form.

What I could find on the Broncos website about our size up front is that our forwards weigh in at around 107-108 kgs including Blair. Garbutt is shown to be 113 kgs and Molo 115. Bench rotation is therefore critical. Bennett has been pretty good with that.

It would be interesting to see if Molo gets a run towards the end.

My take on (not) crossing the line during the end game is more a lack of creativity and ball movement. We should try that great try I keep going on about we scored v Dragons - the 1st - such a great set play. Put that on in the last 10 minutes.

I wonder if it's not more both mental fatigue in our halves and hooker and lack of composure under pressure, and, someone we seem to be missing out there who can really take control of the team when it really counts. For mine, the onus here is on Hunt AND Milford, and this is where Milford really needs to get his shit together - in the last 15 mins of the game.

Last edited:
Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Aside from our last performance I would say we have held our own, both in defence and attack. We are good without being great in those things. I think another critical area we have been good too is the last ten minutes of matches . We have a genuine threat presence and no team would think lightly of the Broncos, it's taken just seven games to recapture a measure of respect. Naturally it follows that the team continues earning that respect and I think we look organised enough to maintain equality with any team.

Hunt and Milford are an improving combination if you simply view it over the seven games. Hunt knows his role and Milford will continue to improve. I think Parker needs to get back to getting off loads away. Hope Blair is ready to lead and we hit the field with seventeen fully fit guys. I expect a professional performance. The best things about our side are the fundamentals all appear to be solid and a sense of growing cohesion. I'm looking forward to the side consolidating their place on the ladder.

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
How Shitchurch is not on the never again list is beoynd me.

The guy has a pathogical/psychological issue with dropping the ball at NRL level.

Surely it would be better to blood a well-deserving rookie winger from under 20s or QCup.

Unread

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • johnny plath
  • Swordfish
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.