Round 8 - Broncos vs Titans - Post Match Discussion

I don't know what you see that's wrong with prop-like locks, rnabokov. It's a genuine role these days.

I guess I just favour speed, agility and mobility in the back row 3, particularly for defence on the edges and creating opportunities when running wide. Parker is great up the middle.

IMO, Parker stunts our attack by going wide then, increasingly changing direction back up the middle and too often dying with the ball - which also highlights one of our relative weaknesses - support play.

As for Beads's comment, I would no longer class Gillett as "young". He's nearly 24. For mine, "young" is 18 - 24. Wasn't he Rookie of the Year in 2010?

Aside from which, he doesn't have to play 80 minutes. I just reckon we are more effective with him in the starting side.

I think Gillett is best used off the bench. After 15-20 minutes, he comes on and changes the tempo of the match. He's just as good as any starting player but sometimes a player is just better off coming off the bench.

Last edited:
Thats right, hes a footy player, they are all tools. Who cares as long as they play well. I think Petero is probably the only footy player in history to not be a wanker.

sat out in the wet for the whole game and couldn't have had a better time.

good win. first half was great. i re-watched the first half in its entirety and it was superb. second half the rain really came down. titans fought back but we only gave up the 1 try so im happy. on to next week!

Numbers are meaningless. There are no positions, rather, there are roles. Parker plays in the middle. He's already doing what you're suggesting he should do. When Gillett took his 'role' in the middle, whilst not struggling, he lost the impact he has on the edge.

Corey plays in the middle, and Sam shifts there through the game to allow Gillett and Glenn to play on the fringes. If Gillett were to start you'd effectively be pushing Sammy to prop to make room on the edge.

Unread

Active Now

• Allo
  • Battler
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.