Round 8 - Broncos vs Titans

Coates was responsible for the second Tits try. No fault for Isaako in the first. He was positioned in the middle but if he wasn't there'd be a twenty metre hole in the defensive line. The third could be attributed to Isaako a bit but now I understand why people are blaming Isaako. Anasta kept banging on about Isaako. I never have the sound on and it's so so obvious how the commentary can influence people's thinking. Anasta even blamed Isaako for the fourth !!

I see only one of those tries you could partially blame Isaako. How malleable some are.

Coates was responsible for the second Tits try. No fault for Isaako in the first. He was positioned in the middle but if he wasn't there'd be a twenty metre hole in the defensive line. The third could be attributed to Isaako a bit but now I understand why people are blaming Isaako. Anasta kept banging on about Isaako. I never have the sound on and it's so so obvious how the commentary can influence people's thinking. Anasta even blamed Isaako for the fourth !!

I see only one of those tries you could partially blame Isaako. How malleable some are.
So a grubber through into the in-goal just outside the posts is not the FB's ball? Mmmmmk if you say so. If it was kicked to the edge you might be onto something but these were kicked 10m to the right of the post with Isaako WAAAAAAY out of position hanging about on the left hand side of the posts, in the line at a light jog towards where he was supposed to be.

I know people will hate an AFL reference but he reminds me of Mitch Robinson. A guy who just needed a chance and the Lions took it on him after he looked like his career was done (in his case mostly due to his own stupidity), anyway he got the chance and has become the heart and soul of the club. He always leads the team song, he always does the 1% stuff and puts his body on the line every minute of every game. He isn't the most talented player in the squad but he is always talking, always promoting the club and always takes the new kids under his wing. The opposition hate him but us fans, we absolutely love him!
Not me he even fucking looks like him, loving it!!!!

I bag isaako, not because of his obvious athleticism, his step, his hole running. I bag him because I don’t think he’s got the nose for the fb position defensively. I think he would make a fine Centre or winger now that he has spent time at fb.

I bag isaako, not because of his obvious athleticism, his step, his hole running. I bag him because I don’t think he’s got the nose for the fb position defensively. I think he would make a fine Centre or winger now that he has spent time at fb.
I actually think he'd be amazing back on the wing with license to roam like a FB in attack.

I think in this faster game we really need to start reviewing some of the traditional roles in league and see what we can get out of a hybrid setup in some positions.

Like hookers, they are gassed in attack in this faster game, why not have a jack rabbit play hooker in attack and slide him wide in defence instead of in the engine room?

Isaako is another example, excellent attacking back, not great defensively. Should he slide to the wing in defence and one of the wingers pull back into fullback?

Probably lot of issues with something like that to iron out but if we can't change our roster, at least play to our strengths, imperfect as the solution may be.

I actually think he'd be amazing back on the wing with license to roam like a FB in attack.

I think in this faster game we really need to start reviewing some of the traditional roles in league and see what we can get out of a hybrid setup in some positions.

Like hookers, they are gassed in attack in this faster game, why not have a jack rabbit play hooker in attack and slide him wide in defence instead of in the engine room?

Isaako is another example, excellent attacking back, not great defensively. Should he slide to the wing in defence and one of the wingers pull back into fullback?

Probably lot of issues with something like that to iron out but if we can't change our roster, at least play to our strengths, imperfect as the solution may be.
There was a genuine improvement from the wingers not to jam in unless absolutely sure (Oates) on Sami. Very glad to see that. My point being it was his greatest downfall on the wing but he could be fabulous.

Umm, sorry? Gamble was best on field for us tonight. He was instrumental in mutliple tries, he was barking orders at our team all night, he was throwing himself into the line in off and def. He was composed enough to milk a binning on Brimson, that was artistry. He is a mouthy little shit and I love it!

Just the kind of attitude and chatter out there we obviously needed.

Top 8 team we are not, but if we play like we played tonight we will be competative with most teams. Night and day difference on attack with a half who is actually appears ready for first grade unlike croft and dearden.
It's not what i said, i also liked his agressivity and the way how he managed the game in attack. Lots of good pass, nothing unreal but he did the job well. His support on the Isaako second try was important as well.
I just said that i was worried about his abilities in defense, he missed a lots of tackles, im more confident in Dearden's defense for example.
It was a special game tonight so i dont want to make quick judgement about him, i also thought that we found our game leaders after the loss against the Panthers.
So let's see what happens next week in Canterbury But im exciting to see them play.

Who was just about to turn it off at 16 minutes? I was lol

Man, I was cut but for whatever reason I just kept watching slamming down the beers.

Cheers to the Broncos. A win is a win. I like Tyson Gamble's energy. The boys fed off it. How old is he?

Cheers Broncos HQ! I'm glad we can all take a breath this week :)

I've never turned the Broncos off... but that was the closest I had ever been.

70F448BA 6FC9 41DB A5C8 A0D6E0C510DD

This was me riding Oates down the straight

So a grubber through into the in-goal just outside the posts is not the FB's ball? Mmmmmk if you say so. If it was kicked to the edge you might be onto something but these were kicked 10m to the right of the post with Isaako WAAAAAAY out of position hanging about on the left hand side of the posts, in the line at a light jog towards where he was supposed to be.

Not that this has anything to do with his fullback play, but he was also directly responsible for the Titan's field position by kicking it out on the full on the restart. Again. So I blame him plenty for that first 15 minutes of Cleveland Steamer.

Active Now

• Morkel
  • broncs30
  • Redux
  • KateBroncos1812
  • broncotville
  • Behind enemy lines
  • MrMoore
  • Thelmus
  • LittleDavey
  • Spoon
  • Johnny92
  • Broncosgirl
  • Stix
  • Midean
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Big Del
  • BroncosAlways
  • Foordy
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Skathen
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.