Round 8 Discussion

Parra aren't copping stick because they weren't Premiership favourites at one stage this year.

We are really starting to see the full effect of the cap. I seriously can't see any other sides with a realistic chance at this stage beside us Melb and Manly if they manage to stay fit.

The NRL has got it's wish and has a close comp of pretty ordinary teams. The Saints are running 4th with a plus 2 points differential FFS.

We have a second to none chance of winning the comp this year, I really think we will have Manly and Melb covered when it matters and I love the fact we keep winning but FMD it's boring as batshit watching us run from dummy half so much.

Fair point Rock.

Something is rotten at Parramatta. While I don't rate their roster as highly as you do, it doesn't excuse them from performing so terribly. Their attack and defence is putrid and if I was a fan I'd be absolutely ashamed of them. I gave SK the benefit of the doubt last year, he had nothing to do with the recruitment and he just had to play the cards he was dealt and he brought them so close in so many games only for it to all come crashing down. However, this year, with a better roster he's gone backwards and it's really disappointing to see as a neutral.

They need a major clear out and I'm not just talking about players either. Managers, coaches, etc. piss them off and head-hunt successful people in their field. For instance, I reckon a guy like Steve Folkes would relish another go as a top coach and would instil a lot of tough love into the club.

As for the players, get rid of the dead weight.

Hindmarsh, Burt, Morgan, Roberts, Keating, Lasalo, McGuire, Poore, Shackleton, Atkins, B. Smith, Tautai GONE

Fast track a bunch of rookies, make 2-3 major signings and all the rest can be good players who aren't getting a fair go at their clubs.

They're already doing the former I believe with Vai Toutai, Jason Whebe, Jason Seage, Matthew Eisenhuth & Trent Jennings being promoted to NSW Cup so hopefully it pans out for them. I reckon if the first graders are injured or aren't playing well enough they should consider promoting these guys over the Atkins or Shakletons of their squad.

Ideally this is the side I'd like to see come the end of the season...

1. Jarryd Hayne
2. Ken Sio
3. Cheyse Blair
4. Willie Tonga
5. Vai Toutai
6. Jason Whebe
7. Chris Sandow
8. Tim Mannah
9. Matt Keating
10. Fui Fui Moi Moi
11. Nathan Hindmarsh (c)
12. Joseph Paulo
13. Reni Maitua

14. Luke Vescio
15. Justin Horo
16. Mitchell Allgood
17. Pat O'Hanlon

Of course a lot can happen between now and then but you get the gist. A few good players, surrounded by stars of the future.

The coach is the problem at Parra.
YTF would you take Hindmarsh & Mannah off 20mins in. No coincidence their defence fell apart. Mannah was making massive metres when he was on the field as was Hindy, and they bring on....Lasalo? WTF. The coach has no idea.
Also, something's not right with Ben Roberts. He needs someone who can teach him how to play again.

I had to turn off the game though because of the Tigers diving theatrics. Particularly Robbie Farrah's. How was McGuire on report?

Looks like Gidley could be out of Origin.

Now lets see if Stuart has a brain and with the likely selection of Lewis he then decides to not pick another utility. Lewis can play everywhere including hooker and halves they don't need a 6,7,9 option on the bench. Much like QLD if we pick Cherry-Evans I will be so peeved off, when we have Gillett he can if we desperately need it play halves so can Inglis who won a Clive Churchill there.

Had by far my best tipping round. The only game I got wrong was South and the Cowboys. 7/8 hope i get a perfect 8 on the weekend. WINNAH

The missus got 8/8 and picked the margin, I told her to make me a sandwich

Active Now

• theshed
  • Justwin
  • winslow_wong
  • Morkel
  • Sproj
  • Foordy
  • Manofoneway
  • mrslong
  • Behold
  • Old Mate
  • bazza
  • Jedhead
  • BroncosAlways
  • Redux
  • Maddy
  • broncs30
  • Xzei
  • Santa
  • BruiserMk1
  • mrtij
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.