Round 8 Discussion

Boyd Cordner makes a difference for the Roosters.

Great strategy by the Dragons this game, knock as many of the Roosters players out as you can. Not sure why teams don't do it more often, who wouldn't trade a penalty for playing with a man advantage for the rest of the game? Massive loophole right now.

Jeez Dugan is soft. He could actually be a really, really good player if he wasn't such a baby.

Nice work Lui. Great to see he's maintained consistency since he left Brisbane.

Reckon that might be the game. Don't think the Roosters have the cohesion to come back from 18 down. Even against the Dragqueens.

Roosters attack is terrible. Kick to the wingers is their go. They need to start winning the forward battle and stop turning it over.

What's happened to young Jayden? Has been that poor?

What's happened to young Jayden? Has been that poor?

He doesn't suit the Roosters style of play.

Jayden is the type of player that really needs to get his hands on the footy as much as possible to justify his spot in the team. Unfortunately the Roosters don't feel incline to do so. Their style relies more on Hastings and Friend handling a lot of the work while Jayden has more or less been the back-up when one of those players is out of play. As a result, he doesn't receive the opportunities to excel.

He's also come under fire for his defence and the Roosters don't have the players there to protect him. It's gotten so bad the Roosters have opted to play two big bodies (Guerra and Matterson) so they can play a more physical brand of footy.

His replacement, Connor Watson, is a product of bringing players through when they're ready. Watson's form in the NYC has been strong for two seasons now and he's playing with a lot more confidence as a result. He's a quality talent Watson, has a lot of Blake Austin about him and I wouldn't be surprised to see him make it big elsewhere.

He doesn't suit the Roosters style of play.

Jayden is the type of player that really needs to get his hands on the footy as much as possible to justify his spot in the team. Unfortunately the Roosters don't feel incline to do so. Their style relies more on Hastings and Friend handling a lot of the work while Jayden has more or less been the back-up when one of those players is out of play. As a result, he doesn't receive the opportunities to excel.

He's also come under fire for his defence and the Roosters don't have the players there to protect him. It's gotten so bad the Roosters have opted to play two big bodies (Guerra and Matterson) so they can play a more physical brand of footy.

His replacement, Connor Watson, is a product of bringing players through when they're ready. Watson's form in the NYC has been strong for two seasons now and he's playing with a lot more confidence as a result. He's a quality talent Watson, has a lot of Blake Austin about him and I wouldn't be surprised to see him make it big elsewhere.

Thanks mate. I can see him regretting this move to Bondi.

Would be so good to see the POOsters with 7 losses in the first 8 rounds.

I think it depends on Jackson Hastings and Mitchell Pearce.

As much as Jayden Nikorima struggled, for all the opportunities Jackson had he was really ineffective. If Pearce frees him up, or Pearce happens to kill it like he did in 2013/14 then Jayden could be on the outer. However, if things keep happening the way they do it could be Jackson that's on the outer.

So far, it's happened as a lot of us said it would. They threw him in before he was ready, he struggled and instead of trying to meet him halfway they've just thrown him to the wayside. Of course there's still plenty of time for Jayden to make ammends but at this stage things aren't looking good for him or Copley.

Did anyone else feel bad when they saw them in the Pearce video?

I think it depends on Jackson Hastings and Mitchell Pearce.

As much as Jayden Nikorima struggled, for all the opportunities Jackson had he was really ineffective. If Pearce frees him up, or Pearce happens to kill it like he did in 2013/14 then Jayden could be on the outer. However, if things keep happening the way they do it could be Jackson that's on the outer.

So far, it's happened as a lot of us said it would. They threw him in before he was ready, he struggled and instead of trying to meet him halfway they've just thrown him to the wayside. Of course there's still plenty of time for Jayden to make ammends but at this stage things aren't looking good for him or Copley.

Did anyone else feel bad when they saw them in the Pearce video?

Must admit i didnt. They should have known better i guess, but we all make mistakes.

Copley in particularly never wanted to leave the Broncos but made way for the benefit of the club. He goes out to get to know the captain and gets dragged into that mess.

Welcome to Sydney boys.

Gee Hastings goes himself and doesn't score when he has a 3 man overlap

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Porthoz
  • Mustafur
  • Tim K
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.