Round 8 Discussion

Lol yeah. The missus couldn’t understand why I tipped the raiders. Because **** the cowboys that’s why

That ten year deal is looking a bit dumb at the moment.

Judging a 10 year contract based on one game?

Yeah he's had a slow start to the season but he's proven consistently that he is the best forward in the game.

Only saw one half of the game tonight but the issue I have seen at the Cows so far this season appears to be Morgan. I am praying he is not picked for Queensland or we're fucked.

Judging a 10 year contract based on one game?

Yeah he's had a slow start to the season but he's proven consistently that he is the best forward in the game.

Only saw one half of the game tonight but the issue I have seen at the Cows so far this season appears to be Morgan. I am praying he is not picked for Queensland or we're fucked.
Jesus, Morgan's one of the few superstars in the Cowpats team. He'll definitely be picked and I'd take him in a heartbeat at the Broncos.

Jesus, Morgan's one of the few superstars in the Cowpats team. He'll definitely be picked and I'd take him in a heartbeat at the Broncos.

He’s horribly out of form this year though.

There must be something going on behind the scenes. That roster should not be 2-6.

He’s horribly out of form this year though.

There must be something going on behind the scenes. That roster should not be 2-6.
He played really well last night, certainly in patches and hasn't lost his ability. I still rate him highly. The rest of the cowpats have to have a hard look at themselves.

I think with Morgan is being forced to jump between two very different roles again. He transformed from a inside centre to a genuine half, and now has to play a different role again. Just let him play halfback to prepare for next year. Push Thurston a bit wider like in Origin.

I think the Cows fucked up by having Thurston be the halfback this season. Morgan transformed into a gun one last year and now he has to go back to a different role. I would have brought Thurston back in the similar type of role as he has in Origin - let Morgan be the "Cronk".

Morgan had a purple patch, nothing more. Everyone trying to justify what is going on when the simple answe is he played above his weight for a month or so.

Morgan needs to be given control of the side.

The Cowboys talked about that during the pre-season, but it hasn't happened. The few times he did have control, the Cowboys attack improved.

Morgan had a purple patch, nothing more. Everyone trying to justify what is going on when the simple answe is he played above his weight for a month or so.

Some of it partially was a purple patch, but it doesn't change the fact that he really did change his game. He did become an organiser and a genuine halfback. That's what i think he should have been doing this year too, because he'll have to do it again next year.

The tale of the tape for the Cowboys at the moment is a bit of a horror movie. Who would've thought in the off season by Round 9 and on the eve of Origin they would be staring down the barrel of a bottom 4 finish. Only 4 comp points, -58 on F/A, well down on form and JT may not even see out the season before hanging the boots up. To say it's a mess is probably putting it kindly.

I would be lying if I said I wasn't enjoying it just a tad :)

Just a tad? I’m a pig in shit.

Thurston was pretty good in the first half, Morgan was his normal average and Coote has really been pretty crap. He's almost at Boyd's level of crappiness as a fullback (not including the souffs game, where Darius hopefully turned a corner).
In the second half, Thurston regressed, the Cows couldn't match the Faders enthousiasm and they kept making errors, with Winterstein pretty much destroying any chance the Cows had of a result.

I still think they will come good at some point, and I can see them being better with Morgan at the back and TeMaire partnering Thurston in the halves.

Incredible try by French.

**** how forward was that pass?

Oh no, that pass was fine.

The side-on angle shows it came backwards from the hands.

Chechin has got next weeks pay cheque on Parra

Thurston was pretty good in the first half, Morgan was his normal average and Coote has really been pretty crap. He's almost at Boyd's level of crappiness as a fullback (not including the souffs game, where Darius hopefully turned a corner).
In the second half, Thurston regressed, the Cows couldn't match the Faders enthousiasm and they kept making errors, with Winterstein pretty much destroying any chance the Cows had of a result.

I still think they will come good at some point, and I can see them being better with Morgan at the back and TeMaire partnering Thurston in the halves.

There was a moment in the second half when Morgan made a break and it was similar to a Milf break earlier this year, crunch time came and they both hesitated to finish it off and ended up fluffing it. Reeks of lack of confidence - in years gone by they both pin the ears back and score with strength and speed.

Benji does not re-grip that ball.

He had a purple patch at the same time Te Maire Martin did

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • BooKhaki
  • RolledOates
  • Tim K
  • Xzei
  • Big Del
  • I bleed Maroon
  • cento
  • Dash
  • Rookie Alan
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Allo
  • bb_gun
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Alec
  • Mustafur
  • Harry Sack
  • kman
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.