Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

The level of irrational butthurt on LU is unbelievable too. You have to realise though most of them haven't had their first shave.
We get some similar posts on here when things go wrong.
Hard to believe so many other supporters think we get the rub of the green on a regular basis.
Here is another rant from a rabbito supporter
you just cannot reason with this level of imbecile.

You got all the calls

It clearly wasn't and even Archer has said it wasn't!!!!!!

Nearly every Broncos fan I've spoke too said it wasn't a try.

The tackle was complete.

Milford knocked on too!!!! Josh Reynolds did the same thing today with a tiny knock on so why'd the y pull that one up????

Why was Mbye penalised today for being 8m in front when the Dogs played the ball and he defame involved in the play!!!??? Sims was offside the other night so the play should've been stopped there. Sims can't get involved just like today they didn't let Mbye get in the play.

Tedesco did a double movement today but they said the first infringement was Dogs offside.

The other night when Mead dropped it and Roberts was in front of Mead before Goodwin got involved and pushed Roberts slightly. As Roberts became involved in the play that is the first infringement there!!!!

Before half time Milford wasn't taken high by Sam. Nearly everyone thinks that's a joke. He tackled him around the chest!!!!!!!!

You guys got 9 points you shouldn't have!!!!!

How come Klein had us back 13-14metres all match????

Why were you guys constantly only back 8 metres?????

Those few penalties you got on the last tackle were soft and weren't penalties. I have seen much worse in other games.

You guys got the biggest leg ups I have ever seen in am NRL match ever!!!!!!!!

Maybe the game and the rules have evolved ?
New rules and interpretation of those rules each and every season .

Do try to keep up .

Maybe the game and the rules have evolved ?
New rules and interpretation of those rules each and every season .

Do try to keep up .

Don't shoot the messenger, Del. Dex was just quoting some irrational Souths supporter who always blows up whenever they lose.

It's a complex issue, but I don't share those concerns because the officials are already making those mistakes. They're supposed to be checking for foul play (eg. a wall, off-side etc.) but as we saw yesterday and the Panthers/Canberra game from last year, the referees are still picking and choosing when to send it up-stairs.

The NRL already has a rule in place where certain infringements take priority over others. We saw that in the 2013 ANZAC game where New Zealand were denied a try and possession after they gave away a penalty after an Australian lost the ball. In this instance, if Anthony Milford knocked on, but it turned out Farah was off-side at marker, than the off-side would take precedence.
I would've thought the foul play is referring to incidents worthy of report such as Graham's good Friday charge down on Adam Reynolds, which brings it into line with general field rules where the bunker can intervene for a high shot, etc.

I believe the reason they don't allow the vid ref to check field goals (outside of certain exclusions) was the point I inadvertently made before where the ref won't/can't send it upstairs for a missed field goal... as that is basically the same as sending any general field play upstairs to check for offsides, etc. It means only scoring plays can be checked and creates an imbalance favouring the defending side i.e defending team can be offside all day but a blocker on a scoring play can be called up to disallow the field goal.

I would've thought the foul play is referring to incidents worthy of report such as Graham's good Friday charge down on Adam Reynolds, which brings it into line with general field rules where the bunker can intervene for a high shot, etc.

No mate, they've referred for a wall in the Round 9 2016 Panthers v Raiders clash. They actually detected the wall as well, but let the field goal go which was very odd and drew widespread criticism.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/pa...s/news-story/1baf998c2c0e391ddb91d2e95da817cd

The bunker should be able to look at it but again this would end up showing that half the team is offside when taking the shot and the other team has 10 blockers in front of the kicker.

It would cause hysteria if a ref ever decided to check one field goal and not another... could you imagine if a field goal was disallowed in golden point because of blockers and the team went down the other end, off a penalty, to slot the game winner.

The issue would also be that the refs would never check a missed field goal for offside players

The refs shouldn't need video ref help to check for off-side. The touch judges are there for a reason. Do they tell the head ref that the defence is off-side ( but it gets ignored) or are they the ones that are too gutless to say something?

This is what I hate about discretionary refereeing. It just creates a circular escalation of foul play. They don't blow penalties because it ruins the flow of the game so the teams cheat more but they don't blow penalties because... It's so fucking backwards, reactionary, and gutless, which is of course completely reflecting the NRL's leadership.

And it also creates that grey area that would be infuriating for players. I'd be blowing up after every penalty too, because even if it was blatant and deliberate, someone probably did the same thing against you not even 2 minutes ago and nothing was done about it.

And as to it ruining the flow on the game, I've harped on before about teams learning that they'll get penalised out of the contest if the keep infringing, and change their tactics. But on top of that we'd also get more open games, just like the NRL keep striving for by reducing interchanges, because teams won't be able to smother each other in defence through illegal tactics.

It seems pretty obvious to me. And even though they've had no problems in the past with moving the metaphoric goal posts mid-season in regards to rules / crackdowns, I'd be happy for something like this to be announced at the end of the season, and have the refs work with every club in the off-season on what is to be expected. Zero tolerance. If they put their boatloads of TV Rights money to good use, they'd be able to market the rules crackdown in a positive way too. Cleaner games, more open attack, and if the media do their normal "but it'll ruin the game" whinge, stay strong and repeat that the onus is on the players and the coaches to clean up their act, not on the referees to turn a blind eye. Offend repeatedly, lose the game.

The refs shouldn't need video ref help to check for off-side. The touch judges are there for a reason. Do they tell the head ref that the defence is off-side ( but it gets ignored) or are they the ones that are too gutless to say something?

This is what I hate about discretionary refereeing. It just creates a circular escalation of foul play. They don't blow penalties because it ruins the flow of the game so the teams cheat more but they don't blow penalties because... It's so fucking backwards, reactionary, and gutless, which is of course completely reflecting the NRL's leadership.

And it also creates that grey area that would be infuriating for players. I'd be blowing up after every penalty too, because even if it was blatant and deliberate, someone probably did the same thing against you not even 2 minutes ago and nothing was done about it.

And as to it ruining the flow on the game, I've harped on before about teams learning that they'll get penalised out of the contest if the keep infringing, and change their tactics. But on top of that we'd also get more open games, just like the NRL keep striving for by reducing interchanges, because teams won't be able to smother each other in defence through illegal tactics.

It seems pretty obvious to me. And even though they've had no problems in the past with moving the metaphoric goal posts mid-season in regards to rules / crackdowns, I'd be happy for something like this to be announced at the end of the season, and have the refs work with every club in the off-season on what is to be expected. Zero tolerance. If they put their boatloads of TV Rights money to good use, they'd be able to market the rules crackdown in a positive way too. Cleaner games, more open attack, and if the media do their normal "but it'll ruin the game" whinge, stay strong and repeat that the onus is on the players and the coaches to clean up their act, not on the referees to turn a blind eye. Offend repeatedly, lose the game.
Exactly I'm sick of this bullshit hypocrisy from the useless "back in my day" commentary dickheads that are happy for teams to break the rules on one side then scream from the heavens and blame the refs for ineptitude when it ends up costing a team the game.

I wonder how they would've reacted if JT had of knocked on during a field goal to sink us over the weekend or even better if the same thing happened from JT to sink NSW in origin.

I wonder how they would've reacted if JT had of knocked on during a field goal to sink us over the weekend or even better if the same thing happened from JT to sink NSW in origin.

They wouldn't give a shit if JT beat us after knocking on ...

however we would never hear the end of it if he beat NSW after knocking on.

in fact i was at the Titans game last week and the Titans actually knocked on from the scrum win, (but the refs weren't in a position to see it) and not a word was said about the missed knock on.

And they had a wall beside the scrum, well off-side before the ball had even been fed.

was there. Must have been the only bloke in the stadium screaming for the refs to ping the cowboys for it.

hypothetical -

scrum fed - cows offside - penalty Brisbane on 10 m line

Brisbane kick for touch - 30 metre line

Blair first tackle - 38 m - B side 1/2 way

Thaiday second tackle 46 m - B side 1/2 way

Parker third tackle - 45 m - C side 1/2 way

Shift left - Milford to Reed to Oates - try

Broncos win

The bunker should be able to look at it but again this would end up showing that half the team is offside when taking the shot and the other team has 10 blockers in front of the kicker.

It would cause hysteria if a ref ever decided to check one field goal and not another... could you imagine if a field goal was disallowed in golden point because of blockers and the team went down the other end, off a penalty, to slot the game winner.

The issue would also be that the refs would never check a missed field goal for offside players
Should been a penalty in the Roosters game. Packer got knocked over by one of them.

Should been a penalty in the Roosters game. Packer got knocked over by one of them.

To be fair, and I'll qualify this by saying I only saw the last two minutes of the game, but Packer ran straight in to the blocker and then hit the deck, he wasn't technically "knocked over by one of them". He didn't have much of a choice though. Packer could have gone around him but it would have meant he'd have to run two metres sidewards before turning and straightening up (and never would have got there), but instead went in a straight line towards Pearce, knowing that he'd run straight in to the blocker. He took the right option, and if just one of the 4 on-field refs had balls they would have pinged it right then and there. The ref went straight to his microphone to converse with the others, with me thinking "they're going to pull this up", and rightly so. But they all went "yeah all good" and he put his hand up and blew the whistle. Fucking pathetic.

No mate, they've referred for a wall in the Round 9 2016 Panthers v Raiders clash. They actually detected the wall as well, but let the field goal go which was very odd and drew widespread criticism.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/pa...s/news-story/1baf998c2c0e391ddb91d2e95da817cd
I remember that game as well, but I'm wondering if thats not possible this season because they revised the extent of what the bunker can rule on. following the kerfufal over the Milf field goal, Archer said that the knock on couldn't be ruled on, only if the kick actually is successful. IMO roosters definitely had illegal blockers, but the bunker couldn't be called on to adjudicate. What shits me is that it hasn't rated a mention from the media. The media howling would have been unbearable if that was a Bronco field goal in extra time with a marker being taken out.

Came across this in my YouTube feed. I missed the segment on Monday, but it does a pretty good job of summarizing the media's perception of what unfolded.

I've got to say I actually agree with a lot of the points they raised. I think the NRL's perception of when a player is held up over the line is distorted. It's been that way ever since the 2002 NRL Grand Final where Fitziggon was allowed to twist his body over the line, even though he had been pinned to the ground prior by a Warriors defender. It's just escalated from there and that's how an instance like the Milford play was let go.

I also find it odd that the bunker can review elements of a field goal, but not the entire play.

I also have to hand it to the 360 team. I'm so glad they mentioned the George Burgess shoulder charge because it highlighted how stupid the Rabbitohs players were and how they can't feel hard done by.

One thing I found a bit funny from that was the part where they were talking about what the bunker was able to rule on for a field goal ... and how Maguire was actually on the committee that made the recommendations to limit the bunkers authority in field goals to basically whether or not the ball went over and nothing else.

now he is complaining about it. had he and his committee not limited the bunkers authority for field goals, maybe the bunker rules Milf knocked the ball on. suck it up bitch

I remember that game as well, but I'm wondering if thats not possible this season because they revised the extent of what the bunker can rule on. following the kerfufal over the Milf field goal, Archer said that the knock on couldn't be ruled on, only if the kick actually is successful. IMO roosters definitely had illegal blockers, but the bunker couldn't be called on to adjudicate. What shits me is that it hasn't rated a mention from the media. The media howling would have been unbearable if that was a Bronco field goal in extra time with a marker being taken out.

It depends on what they consider foul play. You'd have to imagine the wall formation fits under that category, meaning that the video referee can examine it if the on-field referee invites them into the play.

was there. Must have been the only bloke in the stadium screaming for the refs to ping the cowboys for it.

hypothetical -

scrum fed - cows offside - penalty Brisbane on 10 m line

Brisbane kick for touch - 30 metre line

Blair first tackle - 38 m - B side 1/2 way

Thaiday second tackle 46 m - B side 1/2 way

Parker third tackle - 45 m - C side 1/2 way

Shift left - Milford to Reed to Oates - try

Broncos win

Here are the blockers on the match-winning field goal. Technically, even though the blockers are only ever intending to block the markers (and you can see our markers dashing to that side to get to Thurston), the rules hadn't been clarified to specifically rule blocking walls as illegal:

CowboysGFOffsideA

However this, during the scrum-feed, is dead-set blatantly off-side, there is no way the blockers are 5 metres behind the scrum feed (it would mean they'd be half way between the 10 and 20 metre line:

CowboysGFOffsideB

And to add insult, they deliberately move laterally to block the defenders:

CowboysGFOffsideC

Thankfully, with Lowe holding up Blair, and Feldt sliding right to take out another runner, Boyd manages to slip between them and get to Thurston in time to make him abort. regardless, should have been our ball, with a kick for touch and us being close enough for our own shot by the 4th tackle, at worst on the last.

Worse, the NSW have once again gone Pearce crazy, declaring it a miraculous field goal, etc etc etc. Miraculous may be the word - because a magical invisible wall stopped Packer in his tracks, with not a Rooster blocker in sight...

No mate, they've referred for a wall in the Round 9 2016 Panthers v Raiders clash. They actually detected the wall as well, but let the field goal go
To me the term foul play sounds similar to the Bunker's new rules for open field play whereby a player has to be deemed commiting a reportable offense for then to call a penalty.

But if foul play is to be interpreted as any penalty during the field goal play then NRL have yet again hamstrung their referees. Case in point was Packer apparently being taken out by a blocker yesterday if the rules allow it then ot should have been sent upstairs to at least clear the play. Should a similar case be sent upstairs beyond this point and a field goal disallowed then dragons fans should be absolutely ropeable.

Unread

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • MrMoore
  • Old Mate
  • Dash
  • Jazza
  • kiwibronco
  • sooticus
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.