PRE-GAME Round 8 - Rabbitohs vs Broncos

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Well I just made it up, but I'd be surprised if they weren't sniffing around.

You should be in the media....you're a natural. :porthozthinksthisishot:

The other thing I will add, is whoever the defensive coach is just doesn't do their job properly. The Broncs seem to get destroyed by offloads week in, week out.
My biggest issue is it is very rare we ever tackle a player so that he is on his back and needs to roll around to play the ball. Seriously most teams seem to do this 75% of the time, we do it about 20% of the time. I did a 20 minute sample when we versed the tigers and they were at around 74% and we were at 15%... It's pathetic.

Tomorrow night's game will be the toughest of our next three games, if we can win against Souffs I think we have a good chance of putting 3 wins together.

Everyone watching the storm play this is exactly what we should be doing. Move the ball around more but not blocks just long passes with hard hit ups.

Everyone watching the storm play this is exactly what we should be doing. Move the ball around more but not blocks just long passes with hard hit ups.

That's novel. Yes, we should try that one day. You never know, it could just work.

We could also play both halves on the same side a lot lot more, have our halves run hard and straight at the line with support runners, that's a novel idea too. Thing is it's much simpler for the halves to run sideways, not pass very often with our forwards running one out most of the time. Much easier to coach

They have Smith organising them and we have....well, apparently Macca, but might as well be no one.

Jack Bird to start at halfback against South Sydney but will take Anthony Milford’s No.7 jersey
f7290d64338865c5699e3a14fd15f78c

NOT even Wayne Bennett is certain why Jack Bird will wear the Broncos No. 7 jersey made famous by Allan Langer on Thursday.
Bird will start at halfback when the Broncos face South Sydney at ANZ Stadium.
It will be Bird’s first appearance in the No.7 in what will be his 72nd NRL game.
Bennett is flirting with an alliance of Bird and Anthony Milford at Brisbane’s scrumbase after utility Kodi Nikorima failed to fire at halfback.
BIG AMBITION: Payne wants to be next Petero
THE BUNKER: Something in Wayne Bennett has changed

b9beb4604fceab89fe4423dc24ab0263

Wayne Bennett wasn’t giving anything away. (AAP Image/Dave Hunt)
Milford played halfback the past two weeks, however the playmaking partners have swapped jerseys this week.
Bird said that he and Milford simply decided to swap numbers.
But in a cryptic series of statements, coach Bennett left reporters perplexed by the motive for the switch.
“It was just a bit of gamesmanship by the coach I suppose, geeing them up a bit,” he said.
a6484b97fd725633fdb6fb737e662300

Bird is hoping to establish himself at Brisbane. (AAP Image/Dave Hunt)
“Milly is happy to wear number seven and Jack is happy to wear number six.
“I thought Milly is our five-eighth, that’s his position here.
“The numbers don’t really mean a lot if the players get that into their head at all.
“I was part of the conversation (between Milford and Bird) but didn’t take it too seriously.
“They weren’t too serious. I’m not sure what happened in the end.
“It surprised me. I didn’t know who was wearing what.”
b2cd8245a699bb121fcedeba39080dfb

The duo make for an interesting pairing. (Peter Wallis)
Whatever the reason, Bennett has shown faith in Bird partnering Milford again after shifting him during last week’s loss to Melbourne.
In an emotional interview with The Courier-Mail this week, Bird admitted his confidence had been shattered by the midgame move which saw him shifted to left centre after 45 minutes.
Bennett gave Bird a reality check, declaring the NSW Origin star had to be stronger and not get down about being shifted.
And Bird appealed for Bennett to stick with him and Milford in the halves to help the 10th-placed Broncos fight back from a 3-4 start to the season.
a13257a58354e8d1f845e6fd23d90bc7

Bird wants time to bed in with Milford. (Peter Wallis)
“Milly is a great player and it was my second time playing with him in the halves,” Bird said.
“We’ve still got to work on our combos. With more time there we can move forward and start dishing teams out like we did against the Warriors (27-18 win).
“We’ve got to be more consistent.
“Hopefully (I can stay at five-eighth). It’s the position I started playing NRL at.”
Bird, 23, is in the mix to wear the NSW No.6 jersey during this year’s State of Origin series after Blues legend Andrew Johns nominated him for the role.
Bird said Johns’ anointment had placed more pressure on his shoulders.
“It’s a little bit of a boost, but in saying that it puts a bit of pressure on my back,” he said.
“I start thinking I’ve got to start playing good footy and I start over-thinking things. I start playing not as good as I know I can.
“I’ve got to start playing good footy to get that position. With the way I’m playing I don’t think I deserve it.
“I’ve got a few more weeks to impress them.”
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...y/news-story/cc4009be5602f5b9970c225d2cda68dd

The old dog just letting the media know he has zero... cares to give.

You need the cattle to be able to do that effectively and as we have all known from the start of the season, the Broncos are simply not good enough.

Last edited:
You need the cattle to be able to that effectively and as we have all known from the start of the season, the Broncos are simply not good enough.

Pretty much. Too many pretenders and washed up husks.

Tomorrow night's game will be the toughest of our next three games, if we can win against Souffs I think we have a good chance of putting 3 wins together.

No easy games for us mate, we got towelled by titans, we’re a week to week prospect. Zero form to draw on.

Mago and Murphy are the two players cut 24 house out from the game. Pearson and Hass remain.

You need the cattle to be able to do that effectively and as we have all known from the start of the season, the Broncos are simply not good enough.
We have the players, just need a couple of combinations to click. A bit of fitness and attitude will go a long way in helping.

They have Smith organising them and we have....well, apparently Macca, but might as well be no one.

The storm have a short turn around and can still turn up to flog the warriors. We have anything less than 7 days and it's tears and fatigue.

It's us who taught them when we played those cheaters in Melbourne couple of years ago. During that game the commentary's like "Brisbane's teaching Melbourne the AFL skills. They're spreading the ball a lot. Melbourne are in AFL territory and they should be the ones's who should be teaching AFL skills to Brisbane. Smith's got lot of those skills blah, blah, blah......"

Master coach knows everything. He just needs the guys to get confident & once they do and win few games in a row, he'll teach every other so called great coaches what Rugby League is. I've a gut feeling that we are in for a sweet ride for rest of the season. In Wayne I trust.

Active Now

• TonyTheJugoslav
  • Wolfie
  • Manofoneway
  • ChewThePhatt
  • I bleed Maroon
  • winslow_wong
  • Tmac
  • Dash
  • Santa
  • Broncosgirl
  • BroncoFan94
  • achievedrap
  • K-Style
  • Griffo
  • Thelmus
  • bb_gun
  • BroncosAlways
  • Sproj
  • Locky field goal
  • broncos4life
... and 32 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.