POST GAME Round 8 - Rabbitohs vs Broncos

I reckon he had a point though. We weren't playing THAT bad, to be 18-0 down. The first Walker try was the bounce of the ball....and the 2nd was IMO, a no try and should have been called a knock on.

I thought we were doing fine as well at the time, but as usual, we made simple errors though that gave them attacking position.

I would urge you to go and have a look at Bellamy's presser from last night. That was after a two point loss. If the coach is worried about crushing the teams confidence any further, we do have major issues.

Very different situations though isn’t it?

I need to say something and this is with all due respect because I do respect you and your contribution, but surely you have been around football long enough to pay no attention to what is said in pressers. What is he supposed to say? Yeah mate we are a dumpster fire and I am trying to offload the deadwood but don’t let this get out because then no one will buy them.

He knows, we know, they know the defence is shit and to be fair it has been shit for a while, he is trying to find positives and put some kind of spin on it so it doesn’t crush the teams confidence any further.

I didn’t mean this to be directed at you specifically and I know many others have said similar but I was surprised to see it from you.
Gee, ever considered you might be wrong? Fucking hard to imagine but...

Gee, ever considered you might be wrong? Fucking hard to imagine but...

Of course I might be wrong, I am simply giving my opinion and at no point have I said I am right and no one else is. Why do you feel the need to respond like that?

Of course I might be wrong, I am simply giving my opinion and at no point have I said I am right and no one else is. Why do you feel the need to respond like that?
I responded that way because you pointed out other people shared the same view as someone whose opinion you value, an opinion you didn't or don't agree with. I would have thought that would give you a prompt to reconsider your own opinion instead of being surprised. At no point did I accuse you of claiming you are always right and in fact, I don't recollect anyone on this forum claiming that.

I reckon he had a point though. We weren't playing THAT bad, to be 18-0 down. The first Walker try was the bounce of the ball....and the 2nd was IMO, a no try and should have been called a knock on.

Agree with most of this but I’ve seen over a long period of time when a team is playing poorly they almost never get the bounce of the ball. This is what happened to us in this game.
If/when we improve I am sure some luck will go our way but by then it might be too late to salvage our season.
We can only hope for a fast turnaround in performance. I see the bookies have got us at 1.90 to make the 8 so I guess at least they haven’t written us off yet.

Would you say the guys you named are better runners than Boyd at the moment?

More or less on par. Boyd is still capable of running. Even during his shit years at Newcastle that mirror his current form he still managed to fall over the try line from Inglis balls at origin on a regular basis.

I thought we were doing fine as well at the time, but as usual, we made simple errors though that gave them attacking position.

Seibold identified the try just before half time as disappointing.

I get what you're trying to say about Seibold's presser but really, he's doing what any other coach would be trying to do and to focus on the positives that he can take out of the game and use them to try and improve on the teams next performance. It's what you want your coach to say, at least in public.....

Hopefully behind the scenes, he is giving some of his players a fisting.....

Agree with most of this but I’ve seen over a long period of time when a team is playing poorly they almost never get the bounce of the ball. This is what happened to us in this game.
If/when we improve I am sure some luck will go our way but by then it might be too late to salvage our season.
We can only hope for a fast turnaround in performance. I see the bookies have got us at 1.90 to make the 8 so I guess at least they haven’t written us off yet.

Very true....when you're playing well, you do tend to make your own luck and the bounce of the ball at least gives you an even share. When you're not playing well, it seems like everything is against you.

2n74eok.jpg

Don't know who came up with the concept but it was quite good. I think the story line was okay but I think it could have been written another level or two higher. Love how relatable it is.

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • Griffo
  • Volvo Driver
  • Turky Murky
  • Redfern_1980
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Footy Fanatic
  • lynx000
  • Strop
  • Justwin
  • sooticus
  • Skyblues87
  • BroncosMan
  • Battler
  • Waynesaurus
  • heartly87
  • broncsgoat
  • Aldo
  • Johnny92
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.