Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

When did Bennett receive this leeway you talk about? When did he have the team playing this badly? I get that he didn't make the finals when it was a top five but we were playing far better than this, even in 1999. There's just so much bullshit being spread by both sides at this point. The way this shit went down in the off season, the promises he made to the media, he doesn't deserve as much leeway as you'd think. People are affording him leeway with winning a premiership but the excuses for the way he has us playing are a fucking joke.

The whole team is the fucking scapegoat at this point. Nobody is doing well enough to keep their positions, from the monkeys in the head office to the idiots on the field giving away stupid, unnecessary penalties and dropping every fucking ball. We have a team of idiot s being coaches by someone who has to tell everyone how smart he is at every opportunity. He comes in and wipes the slate clean, forgetting the players need to learn the fundamentals. It's not because they're finally learning structures or whatever bullshit you guys want to spout. It's simply because they are too dumb to play a good game of footy.

Boyd has been shit, Isaako has been shit, Roberts has been shit, Bird has been shit, Milford has been shit, Nikorima was shit, Lodge has been shit, McCullough has been shit, Ofahengaue has been shit, Glenn has been shit, Gillett has been shit, TPJ has been shit and whatever bench Seibold decides to run out with every week has been shit and most of all this forum has been shit

Mate, quality post, and you and I are in an agreement on a few things. I also thing realistically we have to give Seibold at least two years and maybe three. If partway through the third season the team is still struggling, it maybe time for him to hit the road. As to who I would replace him with, if his career remains on the same trajectory, the best coach going around in my view is Trent Robinson. By that time he might be looking to move on from the Roosters. You do not have his record without being a good coach.

Re attitude, I absolutely agree with you. Our attitude as a whole has stunk for a few years and if anything is worse this year. It needs to be sorted and sorted quickly. If there are issues between players or some players and the coach that needs to be talked out and resolved. If there are issues between the players and club management, ditto.

We completely lack confidence. Whilst we are making fundamental errors which places further pressure on ourselves, we just compound that. A few gritty wins in a row would make such a difference to this side.

Re players, I don't think there is anything we can do about McCullough this season we are stuck with him at the moment. I thought he overall played better last night so I would be pressing him to build on that form each week if he can.

I agree with you that Isaako needs a short sharp stint back in the Intrust Super Club and only if his form substantially turns should he be selected.

Boyd has to be moved from fullback and I think try Bird there. Stagg and Roberts in the centres and Boyd to wing maybe. If Roberts goes as well, Boyd to centre and bring a winger in until Isaako regains form.

I note a lot of people have talked about moving Milford back to fullback. It may be the case that Milford does not want to move back there, in which case that is not an option. If that is something that he wanted to do, and we negotiated a Boyd retirement or move to Superleague, then work the off-season with Milford at fullback and either Paix or Tanah Boyd in the halves. If Milford does not want to go back there, they should be looking seriously at Gutherson in my view.

Our problems remain the same as I highlighted in the pre-season in no particular order:

1. Our spine;

2. Our defence and defensive structure;

3. Our attitude;

4. Our consistency or lack thereof.

So your willing to give Siebold two years of mediocre performances before doing anything about it? We hung Griffen and Henjak way quicker than that. We are the knights. The fans shouldn't and wont put up with shithouse seasons on the if basis that we might come good in two years time. We are the Broncos for a reason and if White/Siebold reckon this is a 5 year plan thing, they will both be out of a job by the end of the year mark my words.

So your willing to give Siebold two years of mediocre performances before doing anything about it? We hung Griffen and Henjak way quicker than that. We are the knights. The fans shouldn't and wont put up with shithouse seasons on the if basis that we might come good in two years time. We are the Broncos for a reason and if White/Siebold reckon this is a 5 year plan thing, they will both be out of a job by the end of the year mark my words.

What quick fix would you suggest? The club came to this position very slowly. Unfortunately I think it's going to be a slow return. I expect us to be competitive by next year sometime personally.

When did Bennett receive this leeway you talk about? When did he have the team playing this badly? I get that he didn't make the finals when it was a top five but we were playing far better than this, even in 1999. There's just so much bullshit being spread by both sides at this point. The way this shit went down in the off season, the promises he made to the media, he doesn't deserve as much leeway as you'd think. People are affording him leeway with winning a premiership but the excuses for the way he has us playing are a fucking joke.

The whole team is the fucking scapegoat at this point. Nobody is doing well enough to keep their positions, from the monkeys in the head office to the idiots on the field giving away stupid, unnecessary penalties and dropping every fucking ball. We have a team of idiot s being coaches by someone who has to tell everyone how smart he is at every opportunity. He comes in and wipes the slate clean, forgetting the players need to learn the fundamentals. It's not because they're finally learning structures or whatever bullshit you guys want to spout. It's simply because they are too dumb to play a good game of footy.

Boyd has been shit, Isaako has been shit, Roberts has been shit, Bird has been shit, Milford has been shit, Nikorima was shit, Lodge has been shit, McCullough has been shit, Ofahengaue has been shit, Glenn has been shit, Gillett has been shit, TPJ has been shit and whatever bench Seibold decides to run out with every week has been shit and most of all this forum has been shit

Mate you are letting it get to you a little too much. Take a deep breath and have a drink. The good thing is that there is another game next week and they get a chance to redeem themselves. I don't disagree with your analysis at all, I think there has been balls being dropped (metaphorically) on many levels and for some time.

Why is it that those who sometimes call out Seibold are negative while those who call out McCullough and Boyd constantly aren't being negative? I think you'll find that a lot of our problems lie somewhere in the middle of our players being terrible and our coach not having a clue

The guy below wasn't "calling out" any one thing (Seibold).......

I'm sorry mate but you and supporters like you are delusional. I'm not having a go at you but it's true. Are you watching what we are all watching?

What faith? Everything about our team is faithless. Nothing has changed in 8 weeks. Our attacking structure is non existent. Our game plan is way too simplistic, 4 hit ups and a 5th tackle bomb, wow how exciting. Add giving away penalties, dropped balls and bad attitude and what is there to have faith in? We are a joke and nothing changes. We may win a few games but it's undeniable, we are the worst team in the NRL.

We look unhappy. We look angry, frustrated and miserable actually. No communication. We play the most boring brand of rugby league. It's so easy to figure out. No leadership. There's no fight in us, no heart or hunger. We play dumb. We have no footy smarts. We are a unhappy team and I have to say, this could be the worst Brisbane Broncos team in our history. You can use all the excuses in the world, we are rebuilding or whatever bullshit people can create to make themselves feel better but the bottom line is this is absolutely unacceptable. We are better than this, we aren't a top 4 team but we are absolutely better than this.

Dare I say we were playing better under Henjak and Griffin.

Finally, the CEO, the board and the coach as well as the entire team need to come out publicly and take responsibility for this disgrace. The fans don't deserve this.

Last edited by a moderator:
What quick fix would you suggest? The club came to this position very slowly. Unfortunately I think it's going to be a slow return. I expect us to be competitive by next year sometime personally.

Move the players on that obviously don't want to be here immediately (Roberts), make peace with the old boys and actually get them involved with the team (its amazing how much confidence it can give them when they have the whole club behind them), iron out the defence (I couldn't give two shits about the attack, defence wins premierships and if I was coach, they wouldn't pick up a ball all week this week) and tweak the side a bit (last nights Dearden shift was a step in the right direction). Move Boyd to centre, Bird to fullback, bring in a proper dummy half utility to give Macca a rest. If you need additional players, move some players on and go to the market to fulfill your needs. The Roosters do this remarkably well. If they see a glaring weakness, they just signed the best player available in that position and move on. If we have to let go of some young forwards to bring in marquee players then so be it

Mate you might want to go back and do a fact check and then come back and revisit your post. Each of Henjak and Griffin both got three years. Arguably in the case of Griffin and definitely in the case of Henjak they had better squads. So, yes I think Seibold should at least be given into the third year before a decision is made to piss him off.

Edit: attacking the poster

edit: attacking poster

Move the players on that obviously don't want to be here immediately (Roberts), make peace with the old boys and actually get them involved with the team (its amazing how much confidence it can give them when they have the whole club behind them), iron out the defence (I couldn't give two shits about the attack, defence wins premierships and if I was coach, they wouldn't pick up a ball all week this week) and tweak the side a bit (last nights Dearden shift was a step in the right direction). Move Boyd to centre, Bird to fullback, bring in a proper dummy half utility to give Macca a rest. If you need additional players, move some players on and go to the market to fulfill your needs. The Roosters do this remarkably well. If they see a glaring weakness, they just signed the best player available in that position and move on. If we have to let go of some young forwards to bring in marquee players then so be it

I agree, but alot of those things aren't quick fixes. They will take time.

edit: quoted edited post

Mate you might want to go back and do a fact check and then come back and revisit your post. Each of Henjak and Griffin both got three years. Arguably in the case of Griffin and definitely in the case of Henjak they had better squads. So, yes I think Seibold should at least be given into the third year before a decision is made to piss him off.

They both made the finals in their first two seasons. Henjak was sacked after finishing 10th in the third season and Griffen was sacked mid way through the season effectively after finishing 12th the previous season. In fact, if you want get right into it, first season coaches since Bennett left the first time, have made the final 4 in their first season. All started with the fundamental basic of defensive football first. That has not happened this year what so ever. Defence is an attitude and the players haven't got it this year. Most of the decent coaches focus on defence first up when they inherit a team and we just simply have not done the work required at an NRL level. The coach seems to be more concerned with teaching a structure instead. You teach that after your defence is working not before it.

edit: quoted edited post

We have a team of idiots being coached by someone who has to tell everyone how smart he is at every opportunity.

Can you point out some examples of Seibold supposedly telling everyone how smart he is?

The only time I've even seen him even mention his education is in response to a reporter asking a question about his time in the U.S or whatnot.

I must admit I haven't watched every post game presser this season, so I may have missed the comments you're referencing.

Can you point out some examples of Seibold supposedly telling everyone how smart he is?

The only time I've even seen him even mention his education is in response to a reporter asking a question about his time in the U.S or whatnot.

I must admit I haven't watched every post game presser this season, so I may have missed the comments you're referencing.

He is so stat based i think its blinding him to the obvious. In last nights presser, he said it was our best defensive performance of the season in terms of using " effective contact ", even though we shipped 38 points.

I'd suggest he opens his eyes and see whats staring him in the face.

He is so stat based i think its blinding him to the obvious. In last nights presser, he said it was our best defensive performance of the season in terms of using " effective contact ", even though we shipped 38 points.

That doesn't sound like him "showing everyone how smart he is", that sounds like him trying to find positives in a dire performance using advanced analytics.

Whether it be to try and take pressure off himself or his players, I don't know, maybe both.

Certainly not him flexing his brain power though.

You’re taking that comment out of context a little. He did say that but also went on to illustrate that it wasn’t good enough and we need to be better in a lot of areas. He is aware, just making a public point that we are not going as bad as the record/score lines have been suggesting - and I agree with him.

That doesn't sound like him "showing everyone how smart he is", that sounds like him trying to find positives in a dire performance using advanced analytics.

Whether it be to try and take pressure off himself or his players, I don't know, maybe both.

Certainly not him flexing his brain power though.

I think he needs to study how Wayne does things if he wants to deflect attention away from his players. Coming out with things like he did in that presser, especially when we missed more tackles than Souths and made more tackles makes him look foolish. He is doing the exact opposite of what you are suggesting he is trying to do.

I think he would be better off just saying whats actually going on. His analytics are getting us nowhere.

Active Now

• davidp
  • mrslong
  • Jazza
  • Broncorob
  • TimWhatley
  • Aldo
  • broncsgoat
  • Wolfie
  • Fozz
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Jedhead
  • Organix
  • Johnny92
  • Manofoneway
  • Horseheadsup
  • Fitzy
  • Santa
  • GCBRONCO
  • Fatboy
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.