Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

You’re taking that comment out of context a little. He did say that but also went on to illustrate that it wasn’t good enough and we need to be better in a lot of areas. He is aware, just making a public point that we are not going as bad as the record/score lines have been suggesting - and I agree with him.

I'm not taking anything out of context, especially when you see he hasnt even got his stats correct in terms of us missing less tackles. We are a shambles.

I think we are as bad as our position in the table suggests. We cant even do the simple things any half decent side does. People are kidding themselves if they think its to do with all his structures and shit. We are a mess because we cant even hold the ball and complete sets.

Staff warning: Last chance, no more personal attacks, discuss the topic, not each other. Anyone who ignores this will receive a thread ban or further action.

I'm still a supporter. Still think he has a lot to offer, but just not at fullback.

Where do you see him fitting in with something to offer that may be better for the team? am genuinely interested to hear your thoughts.

Where do you see him fitting in with something to offer that may be better for the team? am genuinely interested to hear your thoughts.

Its only really center or wing now i feel. I dont think he can handle fullback to the level we need him to be.

Its only really center or wing now i feel. I dont think he can handle fullback to the level we need him to be.

How many 30 something year olds with recent leg injuries are playing wing these days?

He is so stat based i think its blinding him to the obvious. In last nights presser, he said it was our best defensive performance of the season in terms of using " effective contact ", even though we shipped 38 points.

I'd suggest he opens his eyes and see whats staring him in the face.
I actually thought our contact was good, our go forward was good. I thought our luck was bad but our attack was orchestrated on the left and shambolic on the right. That try on Roberts right before halftime, that killed it. If not for that one I thought we might be able to have comeback. I must admit that on the face of it Seibolds words seemed at odds with things but I do get what he intended.

I'm not taking anything out of context, especially when you see he hasnt even got his stats correct in terms of us missing less tackles. We are a shambles.

I think we are as bad as our position in the table suggests. We cant even do the simple things any half decent side does. People are kidding themselves if they think its to do with all his structures and shit. We are a mess because we cant even hold the ball and complete sets.

It's not just a simple, blanket statement that "we cant even do the simple things any half decent side does."

It's much more than that. It's that certain key players regularly **** up on the simple things often enough - Robert's shithouse, couldn't-be-bothered tackling effort being a key example for that crucial try on half time, Boyd's 2 pathetic efforts along with one by TPJ earlier on, bungled scoring opportunities ... and that, that knocks the stuffing out of team morale and confidence. So the energy, confidence and commitment falls off even a fraction, and that, against a side as good as Souths is fatal.

For mine, 2 crucial elements of successful team play that need work are first, cut the serial poor performers and Roberts and Boyd are 2 examples, or at least give them a final ultimatum, and second, work on building resilience and mental toughness in our young roster in particular, which I admit, is where Bennett was very good. Seibold has his work cut out however at least he acknowledged in his presser that certain individual performances need work.

When it comes to Boyd, I am starting to believe he has an over the top sense of entitlement that he is somehow special. He isn't, other than he is special to the performance of the team and he needs to lift or get cut.

I was also amused by Bellamy's presser where he came right out and said that certain Storm players need to lift or he will bring in replacements. At least we flogged the Sharks

Last edited:
You’re taking that comment out of context a little. He did say that but also went on to illustrate that it wasn’t good enough and we need to be better in a lot of areas. He is aware, just making a public point that we are not going as bad as the record/score lines have been suggesting - and I agree with him.

We are EXACTLY as bad as the record/score lines have been suggesting: by definition. Any other contrived metric is just throwing a sop.

Here's where we are: equal bottom of the table. Utterly thrashed in the most anticipated match of the season to date. In fact, our biggest thrashing this season. Other than a new kid who performed way better than could be expected of him, but still below the standard we need, there were no positives.

Last edited:
Just a side note, is anyone as frustrated as I am that our attack has no depth. Our players are catching the ball virtually flat footed. As we have no momentum going into tackles we are being pushed back or being turned on backs for a slow play the ball.

How many 30 something year olds with recent leg injuries are playing wing these days?

Mini did it at the roosters a few years back. Michael Gordon is doing it successfully. Inglis moved back to centre and prolonged his career. Old mate at the Tigers a couple years back who came back from the super league with those amazing kick offs who’s name escapes me at the moment.

Mini did it at the roosters a few years back. Michael Gordon is doing it successfully. Inglis moved back to centre and prolonged his career. Old mate at the Tigers a couple years back who came back from the super league with those amazing kick offs who’s name escapes me at the moment.

Pat Richards.

Would you say the guys you named are better runners than Boyd at the moment?

He is so stat based i think its blinding him to the obvious. In last nights presser, he said it was our best defensive performance of the season in terms of using " effective contact ", even though we shipped 38 points.

I'd suggest he opens his eyes and see whats staring him in the face.

I need to say something and this is with all due respect because I do respect you and your contribution, but surely you have been around football long enough to pay no attention to what is said in pressers. What is he supposed to say? Yeah mate we are a dumpster fire and I am trying to offload the deadwood but don’t let this get out because then no one will buy them.

He knows, we know, they know the defence is shit and to be fair it has been shit for a while, he is trying to find positives and put some kind of spin on it so it doesn’t crush the teams confidence any further.

I didn’t mean this to be directed at you specifically and I know many others have said similar but I was surprised to see it from you.

I need to say something and this is with all due respect because I do respect you and your contribution, but surely you have been around football long enough to pay no attention to what is said in pressers. What is he supposed to say? Yeah mate we are a dumpster fire and I am trying to offload the deadwood but don’t let this get out because then no one will buy them.

He knows, we know, they know the defence is shit and to be fair it has been shit for a while, he is trying to find positives and put some kind of spin on it so it doesn’t crush the teams confidence any further.

I didn’t mean this to be directed at you specifically and I know many others have said similar but I was surprised to see it from you.
I would urge you to go and have a look at Bellamy's presser from last night. That was after a two point loss. If the coach is worried about crushing the teams confidence any further, we do have major issues.

I dont pay a great deal of attention to them, i rarely watch them tbh mate. I do actually think he needs to tell it like it is tbh instead of bringing up " effective contact " in defence to try to convince people we arent as bad in defence as it looks, Why not just admit we have been poor defensively and are making mistakes, but we are trying to work on it, but if things dont change then they will have to look at personnel changes. Plenty of coaches in all team sports put players on notice for not doing their jobs.

It's not just a simple, blanket statement that "we cant even do the simple things any half decent side does."

It's much more than that. It's that certain key players regularly **** up on the simple things often enough - Robert's shithouse, couldn't-be-bothered tackling effort being a key example for that crucial try on half time, Boyd's 2 pathetic efforts along with one by TPJ earlier on, bungled scoring opportunities ... and that, that knocks the stuffing out of team morale and confidence. So the energy, confidence and commitment falls off even a fraction, and that, against a side as good as Souths is fatal.

For mine, 2 crucial elements of successful team play that need work are first, cut the serial poor performers and Roberts and Boyd are 2 examples, or at least give them a final ultimatum, and second, work on building resilience and mental toughness in our young roster in particular, which I admit, is where Bennett was very good. Seibold has his work cut out however at least he acknowledged in his presser that certain individual performances need work.

When it comes to Boyd, I am starting to believe he has an over the top sense of entitlement that he is somehow special. He isn't, other than he is special to the performance of the team and he needs to lift or get cut.

I was also amused by Bellamy's presser where he came right out and said that certain Storm players need to lift or he will bring in replacements. At least we flogged the Sharks

At the moment, i think it is a collective thing. You win as a team, you lose as a team. Interesting you single out Boyd ( who hasnt been good i agree ) when plenty of players have stuffed up. TPJ Issako, Oates, Bird, Lodge, Haas, Boyd, Roberts, Glenn, our halves have all at some point dropped ball, or missed tackles, or stuffed up plays, or bombed tries, or kicked the ball dead or stuffed up field goals. and its generally costing us big time. If i was crazy enough to re watch every game i'd probably add to that list. We just need to work on the basics for now.

I dont pay a great deal of attention to them, i rarely watch them tbh mate. I do actually think he needs to tell it like it is tbh instead of bringing up " effective contact " in defence to try to convince people we arent as bad in defence as it looks, Why not just admit we have been poor defensively and are making mistakes, but we are trying to work on it, but if things dont change then they will have to look at personnel changes. Plenty of coaches in all team sports put players on notice for not doing their jobs.

I reckon he had a point though. We weren't playing THAT bad, to be 18-0 down. The first Walker try was the bounce of the ball....and the 2nd was IMO, a no try and should have been called a knock on.

Active Now

• Morkel
  • Gray
  • broncsgoat
  • Broncorob
  • Rookie Alan
  • Skathen
  • winslow_wong
  • porouian
  • Wolfie
  • Allo
  • simplythebest
  • Spooky1013
  • Cavalo
  • jarro65
  • Justwin
  • I bleed Maroon
  • RodF
  • GCBRONCO
  • Strop
  • Mustafur
... and 40 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.