Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

We have only one million dollar player. Boyd is on around 625 a season, Bird slightly more. Exaggerating the figures isn't helpful. The value these players have been to the club is a different matter.

My frustration with the team gets the better of me... Highly paid players.

Such a disappointing loss, to effectively concede a 26-6 scoreline in just over 40 minutes is so demoralising. Especially given the soft nature of all the tries, even the one try the Broncos managed to score came off a mistake from a makeshift fullback.

Still, it was an improvement over past performances. At least they fired a shot which is more than you can say from their prior two performances. I actually liked how they used their edges and who would have guessed it, it stretched the defence. Pangai Jr, Glenn even Oates laid a good platform and gave the boys something to work off of. Unfortunately the combinations weren't there for the Broncos.

I see a lot of praise for Issac Luke and I'm not sure if I agree with it. Yes he's an improvement over Paix who is still learning the position, but he was never on the same page as his halves. There were so many occasions where the ball went the wrong way or a quick play the ball was effectively wasted because he decided to take an ineffective scoot out of dummy half. They were so ineffective, he eventually had to come off concussed and that's when the Broncos defence well and truly capitulated. The Warriors got their opportunity to run at whatever half they wanted to. I'd love to see who gives away the most amount of off-side penalties, for a team that supposedly struggles to get off their line, they seem to get pinged a lot for going too quick. The real kicker was that Fusitua no try, it was almost like the referee hated denying the try so he found a way to penalise the Broncos regardless.

Felt like the big difference between the two teams was the ability to work it out of trouble. The Warriors have Maumalo who is the best in the business in that regard. Niu and Farnworth got bullied, Isaako kept turning the ball over and Darbs did his occasional pet play of taking a good play the ball and running it straight back into the middle. The only player who ran it hard was Coates and it's still a facet of his game he needs to work hard on. Anytime the Broncos dared to get into an arm wrestle, they'd lose it quickly.

Defence wasn't great either. Nobody is scared of running at any of the Broncos and some of them are horrid defenders. I don't know how he does it, but Flegler ends up in the weirdest position in each tackle. Kennedy does the same and I'm sick of him turning his back in defence. Haas one of his better games in weeks, just needs to work on his lines running off of Milf, there was one opportunity early he could have scored but he had no idea what was going on. Carrigan was a little shakey but had some really strong carries through the middle, I'd like to see him develop his game further if he wants to stay at 13 long term, otherwise a move into the middle maybe the go with Pangai Jr back in 13.

2-6 but at least there were some positives to take from this week which is more than you can say for the prior two weeks. Still a long way to go and a few more painful lessons to learn in 2020 unfortunately.

Such a disappointing loss, to effectively concede a 26-6 scoreline in just over 40 minutes is so demoralising. Especially given the soft nature of all the tries, even the one try the Broncos managed to score came off a mistake from a makeshift fullback.

Still, it was an improvement over past performances. At least they fired a shot which is more than you can say from their prior two performances. I actually liked how they used their edges and who would have guessed it, it stretched the defence. Pangai Jr, Glenn even Oates laid a good platform and gave the boys something to work off of. Unfortunately the combinations weren't there for the Broncos.

I see a lot of praise for Issac Luke and I'm not sure if I agree with it. Yes he's an improvement over Paix who is still learning the position, but he was never on the same page as his halves. There were so many occasions where the ball went the wrong way or a quick play the ball was effectively wasted because he decided to take an ineffective scoot out of dummy half. They were so ineffective, he eventually had to come off concussed and that's when the Broncos defence well and truly capitulated. The Warriors got their opportunity to run at whatever half they wanted to. I'd love to see who gives away the most amount of off-side penalties, for a team that supposedly struggles to get off their line, they seem to get pinged a lot for going too quick. The real kicker was that Fusitua no try, it was almost like the referee hated denying the try so he found a way to penalise the Broncos regardless.

Felt like the big difference between the two teams was the ability to work it out of trouble. The Warriors have Maumalo who is the best in the business in that regard. Niu and Farnworth got bullied, Isaako kept turning the ball over and Darbs did his occasional pet play of taking a good play the ball and running it straight back into the middle. The only player who ran it hard was Coates and it's still a facet of his game he needs to work hard on. Anytime the Broncos dared to get into an arm wrestle, they'd lose it quickly.

Defence wasn't great either. Nobody is scared of running at any of the Broncos and some of them are horrid defenders. I don't know how he does it, but Flegler ends up in the weirdest position in each tackle. Kennedy does the same and I'm sick of him turning his back in defence. Haas one of his better games in weeks, just needs to work on his lines running off of Milf, there was one opportunity early he could have scored but he had no idea what was going on. Carrigan was a little shakey but had some really strong carries through the middle, I'd like to see him develop his game further if he wants to stay at 13 long term, otherwise a move into the middle maybe the go with Pangai Jr back in 13.

2-6 but at least there were some positives to take from this week which is more than you can say for the prior two weeks. Still a long way to go and a few more painful lessons to learn in 2020 unfortunately.

12 more probably.

I think this is becoming an issue... you look at the eels and the roosters and their back 5 are making good meters out of their own end.

It's vital now more than ever to get yardage out of your own end with the lack of penalties (as opposed to 6 agains) so getting cheap meters from kicks is less likely.

Isaako seems to get no post contact meters and Niu looks like he's struggling a little bit, but he looks pretty stocky and probably has a bit of power in him... so I think he'll get better as he adjusts.

Even Staggs is not great at getting post contact meters... he really needs to get his body into better positions, because he's such a powerful player that it doesnt make sense he gets so dominated from dummy half runs

Herbie has been copping some flack for not being able to make meters, but I think that has coincided with his move to the centers.

Against manly (the last time he played wing) he had 167m off 16 runs... he's good at getting his body between defenders to work forward and then seems to find a quick play the ball. Even against the roosters he had 10 runs for 92m.

In the centers he's averaging close to 30 tackles a game... that seems like a lot for a center to be making. So potentially the increased defence is impacting on his running game.

At this stage I think we need his running out of our own end more than we need him at center.

Last edited:
Comparing Bennett's win percentage to Seibold's.. Ridiculous. One had 4 years on the job, the other is only a year and a bit on the job.

We sacked Bennett because he had 4 years with no improvement and poor roster management which we're still suffering from and he would have got longer if it wasn't for his actions.

He got rid of Macca, Fensom, Tagataese, Niko, Roberts. None of them leaders. Macca declining each year and doesn't provide the leadership we need while taking up a large chunk of the cap. Same with Roberts. To sign the players we need, we need to free up cap space so we can afford them. Which at the moment we can't, thanks to some brilliant decisions made in the past using up a large chunk of our cap on players that didn't deserve the contracts they got. Which is the mess he is trying to fix.

Seibs has signed up Joffa, Oates and TPJ to good contracts and none have proved they are worth it. Neither has Lodge at the moment. He is having about as much impact as Bird. Plenty of cap tied up in those blokes.The fraud isn't doing a very good job of fixing anything right now.

Oates isn't on good contract he only got a 1 year deal and will be lucky to get re-signed.
Seibs has signed up Joffa, Oates and TPJ to good contracts and none have proved they are worth it. Neither has Lodge at the moment. He is having about as much impact as Bird. Plenty of cap tied up in those blokes.The fraud isn't doing a very good job of fixing anything right now.

Oates isn't on good contract he only got a 1 year deal and will be lucky to get re-signed.

Yep, he'll be out. Considering Oates has been dropped one second then called back up the next and also benched with a position change, I get the feeling he and Seibold really don't see eye to eye.

Yep, he'll be out. Considering Oates has been dropped one second then called back up the next and also benched with a position change, I get the feeling he and Seibold really don't see eye to eye.

Well, another way of looking at this scenario is that Oates gets yet another chance to show what he is made of and put in 110% to redeem himself and his career, rather than sook and let down his team mates.

Last edited:
Last edited:
I think this is becoming an issue... you look at the eels and the roosters and their back 5 are making good meters out of their own end.

It's vital now more than ever to get yardage out of your own end with the lack of penalties (as opposed to 6 agains) so getting cheap meters from kicks is less likely.

Isaako seems to get no post contact meters and Niu looks like he's struggling a little bit, but he looks pretty stocky and probably has a bit of power in him... so I think he'll get better as he adjusts.

Even Staggs is not great at getting post contact meters... he really needs to get his body into better positions, because he's such a powerful player that it doesnt make sense he gets so dominated from dummy half runs

Herbie has been copping some flack for not being able to make meters, but I think that has coincided with his move to the centers.

Against manly (the last time he played wing) he had 167m off 16 runs... he's good at getting his body between defenders to work forward and then seems to find a quick play the ball. Even against the roosters he had 10 runs for 92m.

In the centers he's averaging close to 30 tackles a game... that seems like a lot for a center to be making. So potentially the increased defence is impacting on his running game.

At this stage I think we need his running out of our own end more than we need him at center.
That's why Herbie should be on the wing with Coates

He is being paid plenty and has player options for 2021 and 2022.

Not a good contract? You have to be joking.
Yes he's got 3 years, but I daresay it's short of the money that he was expecting.

The date on that article is October 28, so he was signed 3 days before he was off contract. Glenn was basically the only other player off contract at that point so they may have been sorting out whatever was leftover in the cap being split between Glenn and Oates

I recall reports that Oates wanted $600k, but that was months earlier, suggesting the Broncos either prioritized other re-signings ahead of Oates or they didn't pay want he wanted and held out until Oates accepted the lower deal.

I'd say he's closer to $400k with the player options at the lower value as well... it gives him security of 3 years, but allows him to renegotiate if cap space opens up.

If it's closer to $400k that's a decent deal for an origin winger

Yes he's got 3 years, but I daresay it's short of the money that he was expecting.

The date on that article is October 28, so he was signed 3 days before he was off contract. Glenn was basically the only other player off contract at that point so they may have been sorting out whatever was leftover in the cap being split between Glenn and Oates

I recall reports that Oates wanted $600k, but that was months earlier, suggesting the Broncos either prioritized other re-signings ahead of Oates or they didn't pay want he wanted and held out until Oates accepted the lower deal.

I'd say he's closer to $400k with the player options at the lower value as well... it gives him security of 3 years, but allows him to renegotiate if cap space opens up.

If it's closer to $400k that's a decent deal for an origin winger

He is on around the 500k mark

So much agree with this. I laugh when I read comments such as "we have the talent" or "things would be different with a full team". This group is a marginal playoff team with a full squad, very marginal. With a few injuries and suspensions (like every team experiences), it is a bottom 4 side.

Omitting Boyd, Milf and Oates makes it a much worse side as there isn't anyone suitable to replace them. Like you said, the roster is shit made up mostly young guys who have no real career ahead of them and veterans who are washed up and don't give a **** anymore. Fafita, Haas and Staggs are the only players I rate on this team and they would be better off elsewhere.

I agree mostly. I can’t believe anyone thought this team was a contender at the start of the year. I thought bottom 8, at best. But, with injuries etc it has just snowballed and become the season from hell. Unfortunately we have had our better players out when facing the week teams, it would have been a nice confidence boost to get a good win against these teams.

Jesus H. tap-dancing Christ, does Paul White love a player option or what? That is absolutely ridiculous.

Lots of POs

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • Battler
  • Sproj
  • Johnny92
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Xzei
  • Skathen
  • Broncosgirl
  • BroncoFan94
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • broncoscope
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.