Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Comparing Bennett's win percentage to Seibold's.. Ridiculous. One had 4 years on the job, the other is only a year and a bit on the job.

We sacked Bennett because he had 4 years with no improvement and poor roster management which we're still suffering from and he would have got longer if it wasn't for his actions.

He got rid of Macca, Fensom, Tagataese, Niko, Roberts. None of them leaders. Macca declining each year and doesn't provide the leadership we need while taking up a large chunk of the cap. Same with Roberts. To sign the players we need, we need to free up cap space so we can afford them. Which at the moment we can't, thanks to some brilliant decisions made in the past using up a large chunk of our cap on players that didn't deserve the contracts they got. Which is the mess he is trying to fix.

This.

Say what you want but give him credit for clearing some of the deadwood.

I find it unfathomable that some here still appear to be defending siebold.
We have still not bottomed out.
Each week we get worse.
If the tempo of last nights game any was slower we would have gone backwards in time.
It is completely obvious that every team in the comp has changed/modified/adapted to the new rules of the game except perhaps the Warriors.
Of course, we have changed the way we play too, we have adopted U/8's tactics.
Give it to the big kid.
Blame anyone you want for the current mess but blame wont fix it.
Walters with Hodges as his assistant will do me.

Last edited:
Comparing Bennett's win percentage to Seibold's.. Ridiculous. One had 4 years on the job, the other is only a year and a bit on the job.

We sacked Bennett because he had 4 years with no improvement and poor roster management which we're still suffering from and he would have got longer if it wasn't for his actions.

He got rid of Macca, Fensom, Tagataese, Niko, Roberts. None of them leaders. Macca declining each year and doesn't provide the leadership we need while taking up a large chunk of the cap. Same with Roberts. To sign the players we need, we need to free up cap space so we can afford them. Which at the moment we can't, thanks to some brilliant decisions made in the past using up a large chunk of our cap on players that didn't deserve the contracts they got. Which is the mess he is trying to fix.
All that, but the team still looks uncoached.

The way we attacked in the opposition 20 in the first few minutes proves this is a coaching problem. We just had nothing. We obviously haven’t trained for it. That’s why he has to go. Certain posters are fence sitting, shooting everyone’s opinions down without giving any answers themselves and it’s ridiculous. It’s obvious that he has no clue and there’s no denying it anymore.

I just saw who consoled Glenn-it was Blair. He’s showing more support than either the useless coach and CEO.

Maybe everyone likes the cuddles they got from papa Wayne and they are throwing hissy fits and stamping their little feet because Papa Wayne got sacked.

The way we attacked in the opposition 20 in the first few minutes proves this is a coaching problem. We just had nothing. We obviously haven’t trained for it. That’s why he has to go. Certain posters are fence sitting, shooting everyone’s opinions down without giving any answers themselves and it’s ridiculous. It’s obvious that he has no clue and there’s no denying it anymore.

People have been screaming for well over a year for Boyd's marching orders or at least giving him a spell on the sideline and try plugging the holes in defence. Yet he's still there every week, pretending to offer 'experience'. The meme worthy lapses in defense, his name trending, every analyst saying its time and rumours of a rift between players over salaries still isn't enough to even consider benching him. Likewise for Milford..

Is it simply because they are paid big salaries we need to get value out of them by having them on the field? All the while watching the value of the club disintegrate. Rather than dropping them, we play musical chairs with positions to find a place where they will do the least damage to the team, all the while confusing everyone in the process.

It's pretty amazing how little of an idea they have on the attack. It's not something new that has only started this year though, it's been that way for a few years. It's just gotten even worse this year.
Again, I think everyone is to blame here. Obviously the coaching has been poor, but there seems to be no communication between the players too, it's their job to organise things on the field.

People have been screaming for well over a year for Boyd's marching orders or at least giving him a spell on the sideline and try plugging the holes in defence. Yet he's still there every week, pretending to offer 'experience'. The meme worthy lapses in defense, his name trending, every analyst saying its time and rumours of a rift between players over salaries still isn't enough to even consider benching him. Likewise for Milford..

Is it simply because they are paid big salaries we need to get value out of them by having them on the field? All the while watching the value of the club disintegrate. Rather than dropping them, we play musical chairs with positions to find a place where they will do the least damage to the team, all the while confusing everyone in the process.

I found Renouf’s comments on fox interesting when he was speaking about unnamed players needing to be dropped. He was offering up reasons why they keep getting picked and during he dropped the word “negotiations” - as in between player and Staff.

I know it’s fun (even perfectly allowed for some reason) to scream “**** Boyd” in every thread, but how is this a response to what I’ve said. I was talking about attack in our 20 which had barely anything to do with Boyd last night. A coach worth his weight would be able to teach Milford and Boyd how to take part in a set play within the opponents 20. Apparently this coach can’t teach anything to anyone at the club.

I saw that. Noticed Glenn was in the middle and Haas was wide. Seems like he was out of position.

At least Glenn runs onto the ball unlike every other starting forward in our team..

I don’t want to think about the state we’d be in without Haas. No wonder the bloke is frustrated, he’s carrying our forward pack atm.

I know it’s fun (even perfectly allowed for some reason) to scream “**** Boyd” in every thread, but how is this a response to what I’ve said. I was talking about attack in our 20 which had barely anything to do with Boyd last night. A coach worth his weight would be able to teach Milford and Boyd how to take part in a set play within the opponents 20. Apparently this coach can’t teach anything to anyone at the club.

It’s not about simply ripping into Boyd, and it’s not a personal attack either. It’s an answer to problem you asked and the broncos seem unwilling to take. But apparently these $1million players who have 100s of games between them, played together for years and have premierships to boot cant run basic set plays anymore and that’s the coaches fault. It’s also not a matter of how well they played in their last game. This is a persistent decline and it only their contracts keeping them on the field. Their form has been so poor for so long it’s becoming cancerous in the ranks. But the Broncos persist and keep falling while acting surprised by what’s happening.

Last edited:
Maybe everyone likes the cuddles they got from papa Wayne and they are throwing hissy fits and stamping their little feet because Papa Wayne got sacked.
Well papa didn't have them headed for the spoon. In fact he's never had a spoon or close to one with 4 different clubs. Still, you can hold out hope that he fails as miserably as Seibold. Might be a while though.

Too early to tell. He needs to be given the chance to fix the mistakes made with the roster and see what happens.
Any thoughts on Pies disgraceful results before he arrived at the club?

I also agree the coach is a dud. But my point is, if Milford and Boyd got the boot for next weeks game, I would put money on the Broncos. These guys are doing more damage than we know. The young guys are all over social media, they see the Boyd memes and the trending topics. Who wouldn’t feel animosity when you need to pick up the slack for guys who are paid much more then you. Get rid of the bloated contract duds, take the financial hit and move on. Maybe next year perhaps as it’s probably not worth the trouble now.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Lozza
  • mrslong
  • Bongo
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Justwin
  • Jazza
  • Brocko
  • Xzei
  • Browny
  • Harry Sack
  • Scorchie
  • lynx000
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Lurker
  • Strop
  • Sproj
  • Manifesto
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Cavalo
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.