Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

As one example, does Haas need to be coached to stand 15 metres back at the play the ball to run onto the pass at full speed as opposed to just hanging around and taking it flat footed? I might be wrong. It could be a complex proposition from Wittgenstein, or he just couldn't give a ****?
I think Kennedy is our only forward that hits the advantage line at pace and is probably our least expensive forward. Everyone else stands flat and tries to put some footwork on before the line. No momentum into the tackle and we get easily dominated.

Not sure why you picked that as an example... Not sure Haas could have done much else, he had 21 runs for 205 metres.

The team needs to be coached better in almost all areas. All the fundamentals need to be taught and attacking and defensive structures need to be thrown out, because they aren't working.

There is clearly a huge coaching issue.

I cannot accept that Seibold would ignore the simple fact that the forwards need to stand deeper, and the fact that Haas made that many metres ought to be clear as mud to anyone with any intelligence that he would make double that if he ran onto the ball instead of hanging about enjoying the view.

If anything, a true leader on the park would be yelling at Payne to stand back and run onto the ball.

We lost so much when Hodges retired

Last edited:
They really wouldn’t. If you don’t have good leadership in a side, especially in the youngest team in the comp, that side is going to crumble especially once injuries start occurring and that sides starts losing a couple of games.

Good leadership is absolutely critical.
So by that theory, why did we sack Bennett? Did he "unleadership" the players? Seibold went and got rid of most of the experienced players. He chose to take a huge risk on youth and it's backfired spectacularly. 64% winrate to 39%.

We're the Broncos
The shitty Broncos
We'll keep dropping every ball till the end

We're the Broncos
The shittest team on earth
we're the joke of all queensland

Never Stop
We never rest
6 again we fail the test
Giving up getting thrashed is getting old

Just another
dumb ref call
on the ground
we drop the ball
we're the lamest and we're lucky if we draw

We're the Broncos
The shitty Broncos
We'll keep dropping every ball till the end

We wheeze in our soul
The best game of all
we are the Broncos of Queensland

I dont think Darius is doing much wrong lately to be quite honest. He has been reasonably steady but i do agree, he isnt offering a great deal either. I still think its better to leave him there for the remainder of this year or we risk exposing these young blokes to this basket case side. Niu is a prime example. He isnt ready to be fullback, but the fraud has thrown him in there because he is just trying anything and hoping it works. He is badly exposed in defence and i think his confidence will drop and we will stunt his development.
Agreed that throwing a young center in there is a big risk, but it just doesn't look like Boyd is physically able to provide what we need at the moment.

That entire left edge looks an issue without Fifita providing some sort of attack... and I think Fifita should be on the right edge anyway.

Milf is miles out of form and should probably be dropped. He just doesn't look like he knows what to do out there. He needs to be able to go to ISC and dominate a lower level for a little bit to build his confidence back up, but that's obviously not possible so I'm not sure what to do with him other than dropping him.

Glenn helps in defence, but he doesn't offer a whole lot in attack.

Boyd just doesn't look to be physically up to what's needed at the moment. He doesn't have a fend or a step or a physical presence to put the defence under pressure... and then when he was giving the ball to Oates he wasn't doing anything either.

It's just all sideways out on that edge and no one taking on the defensive line.

In defence Boyd is holding his own in terms of tackling efficiency, but the overlaps that are occurring out there and the total lack of organization inside the 20m suggests there is some sort of issue with the communication despite that left edge representing our most experienced players.

The right edge is conceding tries as well, but it seems like opposition teams are focussing the majority of their attack at our inexperienced right edge and yet they seem to be holding their own (for the level of attack sent their way) compared to the far more experienced left edge, which looks shot any time a bit of shape comes at them inside the 20m.

Maybe when Fifita comes back we will have some sort of attack available out on that edge, but then I'm not sure what they intend to do with Glenn.

If Fifita moves to the right, which is where I think he should be, then that left edge remains a serious issue.

I don't know what they do with left center, but we can't have an entire side of the field not able to provide anything in attack and then looking extremely susceptible in defence inside our 20m, so something has to give.

I think you made the right call in probably March last year where you indicated that Seibold cannot coach the basics and now he's just shifting chairs around with no real idea of what we look like at full strength.

Maybe dropping Milford and bringing Dearden in will change that entire left edge, but I doubt it... Milford is also a serious issue out there and should also be dropped, but I don't think it resolves the real issue of not being able to play even simple football or have any sort of defence.

FWIW I agree about Niu... I think he would've been best served playing a year at fullback in ISC (but that's not possible) or coming into a team that's in form (not happening either). Nothing against Niu, but I think Isaako was playing better at fullback than what he has provided thus far and it seems like Isaako's confidence has been hit because of being demoted to the wing.

It's just issues all round that Seibold seems to be making on himself because it doesn't seem like he has any idea what this team will look like at full strength

Last edited:
To be fair, the lions came from being 3x premiers to cellar dwellers for a long period

And guess what’s turned it around for them. An older coach with experience

And guess what’s turned it around for them. An older coach with experience

He was a rookie coach when he started at the Lions, followed a similar path to most assistants at successful clubs???

Omg we suck! 2020 is the worst year ever! Can we sack the coach bow?!?!?!
First time post. I arrived in Australia in1988 as most of you would know that is the year the Broncos kicked off. A few tough years (sacked Wally ) and yes Wayne did it. Then we won a few. A few years go by and then we win a few more. It’s a great time to be a Broncos fan. Fast forward to today and we are doing it tough with a bunch of kids and a new coach. Finally we are the underdogs and I love it. Get behind your team and your coach suck up the bad times get over the “instant gratification generation “ and be thankful we didn’t wait 30 years for a premiership. It’s time to give back after all the years they gave to you.

Feel like Broncos need to let go off some of their players like Haas, Pangai Jnr, Fifita etc to start rebuilding and extend milf and bird for the new era.

And Boyd re-signs for 3 more years because he’s feeling “invigorated” after the COVID break

Footage on Fox with Haas apparently giving Glenn a mouthful after Lexie and Niu failed to stop a try. As good as he is, he needs to be careful doing shit like that to his team mates, especially as he became the biggest ever turnstile later in the game when Papali'i scored for the warriors.

So by that theory, why did we sack Bennett? Did he "unleadership" the players? Seibold went and got rid of most of the experienced players. He chose to take a huge risk on youth and it's backfired spectacularly. 64% winrate to 39%.

Comparing Bennett's win percentage to Seibold's.. Ridiculous. One had 4 years on the job, the other is only a year and a bit on the job.

We sacked Bennett because he had 4 years with no improvement and poor roster management which we're still suffering from and he would have got longer if it wasn't for his actions.

He got rid of Macca, Fensom, Tagataese, Niko, Roberts. None of them leaders. Macca declining each year and doesn't provide the leadership we need while taking up a large chunk of the cap. Same with Roberts. To sign the players we need, we need to free up cap space so we can afford them. Which at the moment we can't, thanks to some brilliant decisions made in the past using up a large chunk of our cap on players that didn't deserve the contracts they got. Which is the mess he is trying to fix.

Footage on Fox with Haas apparently giving Glenn a mouthful after Lexie and Niu failed to stop a try. As good as he is, he needs to be careful doing shit like that to his team mates, especially as he became the biggest ever turnstile later in the game when Papali'i scored for the warriors.
I saw that. Noticed Glenn was in the middle and Haas was wide. Seems like he was out of position.

At least Glenn runs onto the ball unlike every other starting forward in our team..

Comparing Bennett's win percentage to Seibold's.. Ridiculous. One had 4 years on the job, the other is only a year and a bit on the job.

We sacked Bennett because he had 4 years with no improvement and poor roster management which we're still suffering from and he would have got longer if it wasn't for his actions.

He got rid of Macca, Fensom, Tagataese, Niko, Roberts. None of them leaders. Macca declining each year and doesn't provide the leadership we need while taking up a large chunk of the cap. Same with Roberts. To sign the players we need, we need to free up cap space so we can afford them. Which at the moment we can't, thanks to some brilliant decisions made in the past using up a large chunk of our cap on players that didn't deserve the contracts they got. Which is the mess he is trying to fix.
Most squads Bennet has been to appear to have gotten worse the longer he was there. He came in 2015 off a team Griffin built and got us to a grand final and went backwards. With the dragons he won a comp and they went backwards, with the knights they went backwards (a lot) and now with the Rabbitohs, time will tell but it looks like they have gone backwards too.

I think what makes a good coach now is a really good support staff, and the roosters and storm have probably the best support staff in the business across recruitment, physio, doctors, assistant coaches, past players that help etc.

Panthers too, I mean ciraldo and Barrett are assistants and both have first grade coaching experience (ciraldo for a few games and Barret a season or two). That makes a big difference I think.

Our whole office is cooked.

First time post. I arrived in Australia in1988 as most of you would know that is the year the Broncos kicked off. A few tough years (sacked Wally ) and yes Wayne did it. Then we won a few. A few years go by and then we win a few more. It’s a great time to be a Broncos fan. Fast forward to today and we are doing it tough with a bunch of kids and a new coach. Finally we are the underdogs and I love it. Get behind your team and your coach suck up the bad times get over the “instant gratification generation “ and be thankful we didn’t wait 30 years for a premiership. It’s time to give back after all the years they gave to you.

A classic underdog is a team/player who bests a supposed stronger opponent through self belief and determination, something the current Broncos do not possess. It's not the losing that hurts most, it's the baffling decisions that lead to the current situation that really frustrate fans.

Last edited:

Active Now

• mitch222
  • Hurrijo
  • Broncorob
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Scorchie
  • pennywisealfie
  • Brocko
  • Santa
  • Midean
  • Fitzy
  • Spike
  • Rookie Alan
  • Organix
  • Adammacca
  • IceWorks
  • bb_gun
  • broncos4life
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Harry Sack
  • lynx000
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.