vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol Joey tipping South's to beat us by 13+. I hope the team are using these things as motivation.

Lol Joey tipping South's to beat us by 13+. I hope the team are using these things as motivation.

He is one of the worst tippers I've ever seen, we beat Souths whilst missing 5 players in round 1 including Reynolds.

I'm actually quietly confident for this game given Souths performance last week, their edge defence is horrible and I'm sure Kotoni is going to give Tass a bath on that right edge.

Should win.

Will win.

Here's what I'm weighing up, as a comparison to Round 1:

- Missing Haas (offset a fair bit by Carrigan returning).
- Missing Capewell, which is a big loss.
- Being played in Sydney.

+ Reynolds playing.
+ Flegler playing.
+ Staggs firing.
+ Gamble playing ***

I think Gamble is going to be the key here. All attention will be on Reynolds and they'll try to bash him and put him off his game. Gamble isn't the most creative player but he sure as **** will be getting under Cody Walker's skin, and if that works (which it usually does) then that will be a big bonus. Also, with both our halves tied up, we still have TMM at the back, who is more of a 6 anyway, as a genuine attacking threat as well.

We really don't have any excuses to lose here, if it was at Suncorp you'd expect the odds to be much closer.

EXCLUSIVE: Footage of the Kurt Capewell incident:

6ez8bn

If Gamble can rattle the cage of both Walker and Cook, that will go a damn long way to getting us home. I would be giving him a license to Ennis it up if I were Kev.

Cameron Smith tipping the Broncos:

I like Smith as a commentator. Can see why he was so good really gets the game. He will be good for Qld.

Tab has us blowing out to 4.50, these guys must be drunk.
It's the weight of money that dictates the odds. There's a lot of cash being dropped on South Sydney and the computer is adjusting accordingly. They aren't often wrong but I don't believe they're right this time. I believe we'll be right in this. I think there's money to be made if you back us with say, 8+ start.

I like Smith as a commentator. Can see why he was so good really gets the game. He will be good for Qld.

Agreed. Given how much of a prick he was during his career, I'm surprised at how unobjectionable and even occasionally likeable he's been in the booth. I'd take him and Slater over all of the other idiots Nine rolls out, so good signs for Queensland that they've tapped the right blokes for the job.

Yeah hearing Smith in these long form conversations he actually seems like a pretty good bloke. Very down to earth. Seeing him next to other footy commentators makes him look about 30 IQ points above the average channel 9 ex player but never acts too smart for the room.

I hated him most his career due to the cap thing and also my own tall poppy issues but I got over that in the last 2 or 3 years of his career and I’m really glad I did because it allowed me to actually appreciate just how incredible of a player he really is. Some people were never able to get past their bitterness toward him and I think that’s a real shame for them.

Most looking forward to: Tommy Flegler firing on all cylinders
Least looking forward to: Tommy Flegler misfiring frontal lobe
Most nervous about: Tesi Robati
Least nervous about: Te Maire Martin

I'm hoping Jensen can back up his good performance. The pack is still solid though. And if some c$#% can have a crack at catching the highball that'd be grouse. I don't even care if they drop it as long as they don't freak out and let it bounce

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Mightybroncs2k17
  • Strop
  • Financeguy
  • broncsgoat
  • Broncorob
  • Old Mate
  • winslow_wong
  • Jazza
  • MrTickyMcG
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Footy Fanatic
  • eggstar10
  • Battler
  • Fozz
  • Jedhead
  • Broncosgirl
  • Dash
  • Xzei
  • Wolfie
  • Manofoneway
... and 68 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.