[Round 9, 2022] Rabbitohs vs Broncos

Set restarts 1... shows you don't need to blow penalties to milk a game... call a knock on instead of a penalty (Staggs)... or call a knock on against (Oates on the bomb and TC after Taafe lost it)... and that's 3 extra sets right there and only visible on the errors

TC has stepped up .
I was critical of him pregame . He is making a fool of me . Better night out for Gamble too .

Having heard Kevvie's presser mid week, it's becoming clear to me that he's not some bloke who stumbled into an NRL gig because he was a great player

He knew beforehand that TC would have a good game and I think he also knew that sending him to QLD Cup would bring him on to where they want him to be

TC has stepped up .
I was critical of him pregame . He is making a fool of me . Better night out for Gamble too .
When Kurts back I'd be thinking of replacing Riki with TC.

Someones just explained the logic in that rule, you need to pick it up and run. Otherwise every single ptb you could just dive and grab the ball. So it's just an unlucky situation

when cobbo glides across the field he really reminds of hodges. eventually he'll step, fend and score under the posts

He's got a lot of upper body strength. One day he will learn how to use it and when he does, fucking watch out.

We still look susceptible on the edges in defense, it is a concern.
I think we still lack the fitness needed, close but not there yet, to keep pushing up in defence. It leaves us short on the edges.

I hope Kevvie isn't overloading them with information.

Just keep it simple. Keep up the intensity and they will give themselves the best chance of winning.
And stop giving away the ball

Fun half

Someone needs to explain why Farnworth couldn’t grab that football. PTB had occurred, there was no marker so fair game I always thought

Because he plays for the Brisbane Broncos.

I could swear I've seen players do what Herbie did thousands of times

Where’s that written? There’s literally nothing in the nrl rule book that I just spent ten minutes reading
It’s actually the rule on every loose ball. Let’s see it enforced from now on.

He's got a lot of upper body strength. One day he will learn how to use it and when he does, fucking watch out.
He did one run that half where he disposed off a couple down the wing

It’s early days, but if we could keep this up we are showing we don’t need a million dollar prop when we could spend that money on a fullback or hooker
Patty and Jensen were strong early .
Then Patty and Flegs started off loading it looked good .

Refs again doing absolutely everything to ensure we don’t get the W.
Stick in there boys, playing real well.

Someones just explained the logic in that rule, you need to pick it up and run. Otherwise every single ptb you could just dive and grab the ball. So it's just an unlucky situation
Difference is there’s the attacking hooker in place who’s in position.

In tonight’s example Cook wasn’t even there and the ball had been played.

Rulebook talks about acting halfbacks in the play the ball but makes no reference to the defending acting having to collect it with their hands.

On the penalty against Herbie.

I've seen players just dive on the ball and not get a penalty. I think it very rarely happens that the officials themselves don't know the rule.

Unread

Active Now

• broncsgoat
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Mr Fourex
  • Dash
  • broncos4life
  • Santa
  • Stix
  • Wolfie
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Waynesaurus
  • Brocko
  • thenry
  • Aldo
  • kman
  • eazy-duzzit
  • HarryAllan7
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Porthoz
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.