PRE-GAME Round 9 - Broncos v Cowboys

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

I just think it would be hard to drop Milf by more than 50%, there would be a whole lot of financial issues for him you would think. But a sell off of his assets may be required. My figure is if his form swings to a degree that footy he is playing is more 2015.. pipe dream stuff.

It might be hard for him sure but no one is going to offer him more than 3-400k, no one.

I just think it would be hard to drop Milf by more than 50%, there would be a whole lot of financial issues for him you would thinkt. But a sell off of his assets may be required. My figure is if his form swings to a degree that footy he is playing is more 2015.. pipe dream stuff.
That isn't our problem though, and I think he will struggle to find another NRL team willing to gamble much for him anyway.

That isn't our problem though, and I think he will struggle to find another NRL team willing to gamble much for him anyway.
Yeah I understand I am more saying if he is playing well you couldn't expect a more than 50% and expect him to take it. I would put performance clauses in anything over 50%.

I just think it would be hard to drop Milf by more than 50%, there would be a whole lot of financial issues for him you would think. But a sell off of his assets may be required. My figure is if his form swings to a degree that footy he is playing is more 2015.. pipe dream stuff.
Wot.

Yeah I understand I am more saying if he is playing well you couldn't expect a more than 50% and expect him to take it. I would put performance clauses in anything over 50%.
If a footballer is living their life like someone on a million a year they are an idiot, football careers are short and an unexpected injury can end it all, his other options money wise are jack all as well so he doesn't have much power from a negotiation standpoint either.

I can't wait for the contracts of Staggs and Coates to be finalised one way or the other. The bottom feeding journos will actually have to start asking real questions and begin to highlight some of the issues facing us like the 'vulture' tactics of some clubs.

I see NRL.com have actually given some air to what D2 said about us getting no real benefit from developing all that talent.

It would be nice to see the Queensland/Brisbane based CM actually write something that supported the region as opposed to them sycophantically parroting everything the southern press cares to print that (factual or not) is written with the express purpose of tearing down our brand, our culture and the proud heritage of this club.

If a footballer is living their life like someone on a million a year they are an idiot, football careers are short and an unexpected injury can end it all, his other options money wise are jack all as well so he doesn't have much power from a negotiation standpoint either.
Just needs to stop spending time at the brickies laptop and eat fewer Big macs every day amirite

Are you high? You think an employer shouldn't sack a person, or reduce an offer on their next contract because it might cause financial issues? You think he is stupid enough to expect 1m a year for the rest of his life? Should the club be giving Boyd 800k a year in his current off field role?

I honestly can't process how stupid that post is.

Are you high? You think an employer shouldn't sack a person, or reduce an offer on their next contract because it might cause financial issues? You think he is stupid enough to expect 1m a year for the rest of his life? Should the club be giving Boyd 800k a year in his current off field role?

I honestly can't process how stupid that post is.
No not all, I have been talking from a Milf perspective mate, saying I doubt he would sign for that. Especially if his form improves. I have been very vocal in regards to being off him and don't think he is a 1 million player. But if he does improve to that early career form which I doubt is even possible I can't see his manager saying yep we will take a 60% 70% cut in wages.

No not all, I have been talking from a Milf perspective mate, saying I doubt he would sign for that. Especially if his form improves. I have been very vocal in regards to being off him and don't think he is a 1 million player. But if he does improve to that early career form which I doubt is even possible I can't see his manager saying yep we will take a 60% 70% cut in wages.
He’s still young enough to take a minimal two year contract and make bank to finish his career with a bumper contract (assuming form warrants to it over the next 2.5 seasons).

Hey dipshit, open your eyes

View attachment 12745

The reaction was more in jest to you saying you are confident of a win when we struggle to put one game together let alone 2.

Nothing wrong with being confident especially against a side on our level.

Let’s just say after the last 18 months though, I’d rather we put in some more performances and win some more games against teams not named Canterbury before I start getting confident of wins with this mob pre game.

I can't wait for the contracts of Staggs and Coates to be finalised one way or the other. The bottom feeding journos will actually have to start asking real questions and begin to highlight some of the issues facing us like the 'vulture' tactics of some clubs.

I don’t know what utopian world you live in but the world I live in will have these bottom feeding journalists twisting the narrative that we have let another 2 superstars walk out the door and how no one wants to be here.

I don’t know what utopian world you live in but the world I live in will have these bottom feeding journalists twisting the narrative that we have let another 2 superstars walk out the door and how no one wants to be here.
We just need to stop caring. All that matters is the people that are here want to be and they buy in.

I want Levi to start running more.

That's probably the best aspect of his game and he doesn't use it. Whether that's Kevvie telling him not to, who knows? But he really needs to start sniffing around the ruck for some tired forwards and start running more. If he could do that and have either Milford or Isaako running off his hip, that could produce some points, or at least get us a lot of momentum and get us on the front foot.

The new rules are making having a running dummy half more valuable. We should start trying to exploit that.

JT2 ... no doubt about it
Given how the Cowboys have been playing him lately I wouldn't be too concerned, our middles will handle him easily for the 40min he's on the park. Molo off the bench is more of a worry and that says everything you need to know.

I'd be sending all the traffic at Drinkwater. Make him tackle so much he's too fatigued to do anything in attack.

Hampton is rubbish and they'll fall apart if he has to run the show.

Unread

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Manofoneway
  • Porthoz
  • Skathen
  • bert_lifts
  • Thelmus
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.