PRE-GAME Round 9 - Broncos v Cowboys

State of Origin Captain
Apr 14, 2013
On the one hand I'm OK with him yelling, but I really don't agree about getting the ball to Haas and Carrigan. Shouldn't the Broncos be trying not to burn these guys out? I know they are the two most consistent forwards, but its not good in the long term.

It was an exit set- let your middles do their job and get us out of here.

He told the media cameras down then let loose.

heartly87

NRL Player
May 10, 2014
I like that Kev gave them a spray, you must get the 1% right. Win the ruck, win the defensive game, get your kicks away, control the ball and then you get the right to play footy. It's basic, it's boring but once it's nailed you will have the confidence to test the opposition.

That set we had on the Titans goal line when Brimson got 10 is exactly what he is talking about. You can't just throw the ball around, you need to build pressure first.

Caniffe

NRL Player
Mar 16, 2008
Surely his spirit at this stage. You'd have to admire his perseverance if nothing else. Seems like he's always coming back from some injury.
He got a stray elbow to the throat. Whilst he’s definitely had his share of injuries, even Locky got done by this one

Dazza 92

NRL Player
Oct 13, 2014
i still cant quite see how we win away from Suncorp....i think its mental or something....however i do think this game will not be a blowout for either team, should be a solid contest IF we dont drop our heads.

Which is why we won against the Tits.

Was that a one off? Dunno. Ive yet to see a complete 80 minute performance from this roster in 2 years...

Sproj

International Captain
Forum Staff
Sep 6, 2013
i still cant quite see how we win away from Suncorp....i think its mental or something....however i do think this game will not be a blowout for either team, should be a solid contest IF we dont drop our heads.

Which is why we won against the Tits.

Was that a one off? Dunno. Ive yet to see a complete 80 minute performance from this roster in 2 years...

I agree though that game against Penrith was pretty close at 77 minutes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PineappleHead
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.