PRE-GAME Round 9 - Broncos vs Bulldogs

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

We surely wont change the team apart from injuries. I love Kahu as a player, and I've thought he should be in the side at left center, but I just think we shouldn't consider him there anymore. His body just doesn't seem to be able to stand up to it. The only spot for him currently would be right wing imo. Issako is developing nicely, but he really needs to work on his defence. Smart teams are picking him apart in terms of his positioning. While I dont agree with @Cult3 assesment of him being a kicking maranta, I dont think its actually that far off the mark in Some ways. The only thing that will keep him in the side over other options right now is he is a gun kicker.

Maybe we should put bird at 9 and knik back at 7 . He needs some confidence and knik should've got some out of that game. Unless milf gets rubbed , then dargan in for milf.

Would be keen to give Bird a crack at nine but KNik still isn’t a halfback and was electric as bench hooker. Also need to be fit to play nine!

Kahu must have lost some conditioning in this 6 weeks. With you @Unbreakable re Kahu but think Wayne will prefer to leave Isaako on the wing and get Oppa to make way. This would be a shame as he was more than solid last night. I'm just chuffed that Haas has extinguished my Kennedy and Tronc demons after 20 mins.

Kahu should only be permitted to play wing. Might as well send him on a season long holiday and save the medical bills on the football dept cap if play him in the centres.

Rather let Isakko have a short stint in QCup to sort out his defensive issues if Kahu fully fit. Or give Oates his shot at starting second row I know he was great but we are short of quality in forwards at moment. Throw him in and see what happens. He hopefully either excels or realises At NRL level he is a winger till he slows and matures a bit.

Am I correct in thinking that Isaako was a centre in the U20s?

I think that is correct
'Isaako spent two years in the Cronulla Sharks program before joining the Broncos in 2016 after he was a schoolboy sensation at centre for Endeavour Sports High School where he came to Brisbane's attention.'
https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/03/20...-secured-jamayne-isaako-from-cronulla-sharks/
First it was centre Jamayne Issako crossing, then converting his own try, before Josh Addo-Carr put the visiting Sharks up 10-6 when he pounced on a loose ball after a Cronulla bomb. The Sharks would ... Finlay Dibley 2, Jamayne Isaako, Josh Addo-Carr tries, Jamayne Isaako goal. Beat. COWBOYS 16. -That was on another article I found

Played 25 games at centre in the U20's.

19 at Sharks, 6 at Broncos. Finished off his time in the NYC time in the Broncos in the halves and spent quite a bit of time there with the Sharks, as well.

I think Bird has finally settled into the spot the Broncos actually bought him to fill, right sided playmaker. I think it is a mistake but I bet that was the plan from the start.

Can someone please tell Bennett playing front rowers at dummy half is....I will be nice, an incoherent idea. Just play Niko for the 80 mins there.

I think kahu on the wing is the best way to go. He's more experience, bit quicker and slicker than isaako at the moment. Isaako has shown plenty but needs a spell in my opinion to work on a few things.

McGuire getting injured could be a blessing in disguise. TPJ is definitely a more suitable lock for us with his ball play, attacking vision, and offload ability. McGuire would never ordinarily give Bennett a reason to move him from lock permanently as he never truly plays poorly, just not great as a lock.

If TPJ plays the house down, Bennett should have enough reason to move McGuire back to prop when he comes back from injury, and keep TPJ where he is.

If Mcguire is out for this game. Will Patrick carrigan get chance for debut next week?

We made a GF without Moose for half a season.

While we were a far better side then, we can still be a great side without him.

This is an opportunity for TPJ to really show what he can do.

I think kahu on the wing is the best way to go. He's more experience, bit quicker and slicker than isaako at the moment. Isaako has shown plenty but needs a spell in my opinion to work on a few things.

Work on staying on his wing in defence few times he has been caught out and led to opposition scoring tries

I dont get these calls for Issako in the centers. It's a totally different game at NRL level from the U20's. He is a liability in defence on the wing right now so I cant see him suddenly changing if we more him to center. The sad thing is we are so desperate for a goalkicker we have to find him a spot.

McGuire getting injured could be a blessing in disguise. TPJ is definitely a more suitable lock for us with his ball play, attacking vision, and offload ability. McGuire would never ordinarily give Bennett a reason to move him from lock permanently as he never truly plays poorly, just not great as a lock.

If TPJ plays the house down, Bennett should have enough reason to move McGuire back to prop when he comes back from injury, and keep TPJ where he is.
If moose is out for a while and lodge is struggling we probably need TPJ at prop

The sad thing is we are so desperate for a goalkicker we have to find him a spot.

Only while Kahu is out.

it actually might be a blessing for Kahu to come back soon and replace Isaako in the starting side, as this would allow Isaako to go back to the ISC and work on a couple of things (in particular his positioning in defence).

We would just need Bennett and the club to use every influemce they have to ensure that when he does go back down, it is as a winger and not a fullback, given that him playing fullback won't help him work on his wing game, which is what we need.

I certainly rate Isaako though.

Hope we see Carrigan / Fledger soon , very exciting

If moose is out for a while and lodge is struggling we probably need TPJ at prop

Thaiday was named there last week. Offa would probably be fine, TPJ at lock seems to work alright. Bring Taga onto the bench.

I’d start Glenn at hooker and move Nikorima off the bench into the role when the Dogs forwards start to tire.

Sims and Su’a in the second row. Oates can go to the bench as a back-rower / outside backs cover. It’s a patched up team and not at all ideal, but what choice do you have with as many injuries as we’ve got? We almost have a whole pack on the sidelines...

1. Boyd.
2. Kahu.
3. Jimmy.
4. Oppa.
5. Isaako.
6. Bird.
7. Milf.

8. Sammi.
9. Glenn.
10. Offa.
11. Sims.
12. Su’a.
13. TPJ.

14. Niko.
15. Taga.
16. Oates.
17. Haas.

The Bulldogs are up against a heavily depleted Pennies side and are still making it look difficult. We should get them pretty comfortably.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • Kev_Guz
  • Skyblues87
  • davidp
  • Bucking Beads
  • Sproj
  • Justwin
  • Galah
  • theshed
  • BroncosAlways
  • mitch222
  • Jedhead
  • ivanhungryjak
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.