Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Alrightalrightalright settle down guys. We're getting a little testy with each other atm. bb_gun and I had a little spat earlier and now Freak and Unbreakable are into it.

It's a frustrating time for us as Broncs fans, there's no doubting that. This club's reputation is built on excellence and they are not achieving that standard right now, but getting stroppy with each other isn't gonna fix anything.

Surely oates would be in the QLD team on the wing ... just think has more to offer than holmes

We've had this discussion many times about multiple topics, I'm not going to go watch 12 hours of football to respond to some over generalised question from you, if you want dispute my claim, get off your ass and disprove it yourself.

Darius has been absolute dog shit, especially in defense, which is usually his strongest point.
I don't think Boyd has been especially bad but the game has progressed, players gotten bigger and faster and Darius hasn't been able to adjust and can no longer keep up. Thaiday is in the same boat but if he makes enough metres and tackles, he can get away with it, as he did tonight. A fullback can't get away with it.

You don't need to watch 12 hours. Just highlights which takes about 5-10 minutes.

If you're going to make claims about player, at least be willing to get off your ass and back up those claims when asked.

I just wanted to know if you can.

Let's just get this out in the open, are you questioning my criticism of Darius Boyd because A) You believe he's actually been good this year, or B) Because you expect every criticism of a player to be accompanied by 9 highlight videos with timestamps to back up said criticism?

If it's option A, you're wrong, if it's option B, you're a flog.

Fox usually shows the replay now on a Thursday night but instead they have opted for this Hall of Fame shit. Did I miss a thriller?

Fox usually shows the replay now on a Thursday night but instead they have opted for this Hall of Fame shit. Did I miss a thriller?

Wouldn't exactly call it a thriller, more of a horror film.

But this week? We're talking about this week, and people him are bagging him on tonight's performance. His positioning and lack of urgency cost us zero tries tonight, and he tried his arse off everywhere.
He was better again tonight, yes.

But I can think of 2 occasions in the second half where he failed to attack a kick that was his as the player running toward it, not Isaako’s as the player running sideways, that put us under pressure.
Add to that one midfield kick that was bouncing along for an eternity before he picked it up - had he attacked that rather than wait for it, we would have again been under less pressure.
Finally, a grubber late in the game he allowed to bounce for far too long rather than attack it. We concede a goal line dropout.

Now I could be guilty of being super critical, but those were all occasions where, in my opinion at least, attacking the kick would have been far better than hanging back. But take my opinion out of it, the fact is, he’s the fullback and that’s his job.

When you consider he’s had a penchant for not attacking kicks at all this season, indeed even seemingly watching as the opposition pick it up and score in some instances, the criticism is somewhat valid.

I think it really comes down to the fact he is the captain and he needs to lead from the front. He is getting better with his performance, urgency and effort, but he still has a long way to go to meet the expectations of a Broncos captain.

You missed another win thanks to lady luck

Actually heard it on the radio at work. Sounds like they dominated territory but were extremely fortunate to steal it in the end. I'll take it though, plenty of room for improvement and plenty of time to achieve that.

Like half of the Dogs tries were because our players tripped over.

When Glenn scored he had a massive smile on his face. I don't think it's anything to do with attitude I think he just has no idea what his role is which is fair enough considering he's played left center, five eighth, halfback and now second row... and consistently multiple positions in the one game.

The team is far from settled and must be frustrating as a player.

Nobody knew where he was going to play when he was signed, and here we are 9 rounds in and we, he and seemingly Bennett still don’t know.

It was ugly but we are close. we have the forwards we have the X factor now we need someone to conduct. Let bird run home, buy a halfback and we are set.

Opacic didn't have a good game. It's reed 2.0 offers slightly less in attack and is slightly better in defence. Isaako is fast becoming a rocks or diamonds player. Boyd is frustrating with his lack of urgency and he cannot break tackles the play dies with him a lot.

TPJ and big joe and Sua were great tonight. Macca is a machine

He was better again tonight, yes.

But I can think of 2 occasions in the second half where he failed to attack a kick that was his as the player running toward it, not Isaako’s as the player running sideways, that put us under pressure.
Add to that one midfield kick that was bouncing along for an eternity before he picked it up - had he attacked that rather than wait for it, we would have again been under less pressure.
Finally, a grubber late in the game he allowed to bounce for far too long rather than attack it. We concede a goal line dropout.

Now I could be guilty of being super critical, but those were all occasions where, in my opinion at least, attacking the kick would have been far better than hanging back. But take my opinion out of it, the fact is, he’s the fullback and that’s his job.

When you consider he’s had a penchant for not attacking kicks at all this season, indeed even seemingly watching as the opposition pick it up and score in some instances, the criticism is somewhat valid.

I think it really comes down to the fact he is the captain and he needs to lead from the front. He is getting better with his performance, urgency and effort, but he still has a long way to go to meet the expectations of a Broncos captain.

The conceded dropout I already mentioned, and I thought was again him losing his footing pulling up to grab the ball, but someone else said it may have been indecision. The other one you mentioned was a fucking wicked bounce, more precisely 3 wicked bounces in a row that, had he attacked, could very likely have knocked on. I'm happy to go with safety first.

Maybe that's why Boyd takes like 5 extra seconds picking a ball up most of the time - if he rushes it he'll fall over.

Active Now

• marw
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Cavalo
  • Fozz
  • jarro65
  • HVbronco
  • Pablo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.