vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Siebold is coping a lot of shit for not making changes, but you have to look at t it this way, these are career defining decisions. If you drop Boyd he is probably not playing again for his entire career. When you drop Milford & Oates it could be the last game they ever play for the Broncos.

While it is easy to say as fans, drop him, should have been dropped weeks ago. We are not the one’s dealing with player’s careers and livelihoods which they only get a certain period of time to earn good money. If you are a coach and going to drop these guys, you have to make sure it is for the right reasons and have something to back it up.

At least Siebold can say, “look I gave you guys a chance, but 6 losses in-a-row and you’re not pulling your weight. It’s time to go!”

Bench

14. Milford
15. Boyd
16. Oates
17. Te'o

14. Milf
15.:
16:
17: Te'o

I would not care if milf came off the bench just not starting.

Last edited:
Siebold is coping a lot of shit for not making changes, but you have to look at t it this way, these are career defining decisions. If you drop Boyd he is probably not playing again for his entire career. When you drop Milford & Oates it could be the last game they ever play for the Broncos.

While it is easy to say as fans, drop him, should have been dropped weeks ago. We are not the one’s dealing with player’s careers and livelihoods which they only get a certain period of time to earn good money. If you are a coach and going to drop these guys, you have to make sure it is for the right reasons and have something to back it up.

At least Siebold can say, “look I gave you guys a chance, but 6 losses in-a-row and you’re not pulling your weight. It’s time to go!”

Good post. My only comment is Boyd has already had his career and should never have been here. He was a FB who failed, not signed as a centre. His presence there is stopping opportunities for future stars. As for Oates, after his recent comments he deserves to just go.

Dropping Milford (or Croft) to me is something that will happen, if it happens, only because Seibold has to be seen to be dropping someone. However, it's utterly pointless if there will be nobody in support or there are no shapes to take a pass.

Dropping players without there being changes to the underlying failed structures which for mine is THE key issue is simply giving Seibold an excuse to hang around longer.

Last edited:
Good post. My only comment is Boyd has already had his career and should never have been here. He was a FB who failed, not signed as a centre. His presence there is stopping opportunities for future stars. As for Oates, after his recent comments he deserves to just go.

Dropping Milford (or Croft) to me is something that will happen, if it happens, only because Seibold has to be seen to be dropping someone. However, it's utterly pointless if there will be nobody in support or there are no shapes to take a pass.

Dropping players without there being changes to the underlying failed structures which for mine is THE key issue is simply giving Seibold an excuse to hang around longer.

I know Boyd cops a lot around here and rightly so for his recent performances, but we shouldn’t forget in his prime he kept Inglis out of the QLD fullback spot. He was a great player. His decline has been sudden and drastic. Hopefully he and the club can do a James Graham like graceful exit.

“Due to my current form and not being able to play to the ability I want to and deserve to, I am pulling up stumps early. I will be here for the team if there are a raft of injuries, but effectively my career is over and I need to step aside to allow Siebold to implement his systems with the younger players and the younger players to gain more experience.”

It is really the only way he can save some face.

We're at the point where winning this game will achieve next to nothing. In fact, it will likely extend the pain. Never thought I'd have to speak like that about this club.
Yeah it’s a bit like that... almost as if the best thing for the club is to continue to lose so there hand is forced and changes are made

I'll have to wait to Tuesday to find out like you mate. I just got told that staff have reached their limit with players.
Yeah well that’s an empty statement... no substance... I hope your right but to me it’s not believable... there’s over a dozen people on this website that pretend they have reliable inside sources yet they are just speaking out their asses

Wouldn’t be surprised if Boyd still isn’t dropped. I still maintain there would have been some deal brokered for him to retire at the end of the year, he gets to play out this year. Would explain his lack of care and the coach can get away with him still in the team, saying we lack experience blah, blah. Hopefully I am wrong.
Considering Oates was originally dropped last week and had another shocker this week, I’d say he will be gone.
I’d like to see Milford gone or at the very least pushed back to 14 and Dearden given the keys to the team, with Croft in the halves.
Hopefully staggs at the very least is back, I would love for Fifi to be included but I’m not sure he would be ready yet and realistically there isn’t any point risking him considering the year is over. Id also be very tempted to put Paix in off the bench, but I think a lot will hinge on whether Milford is dropped completely or not.

I’d really love for Oates and Milford to get dropped, both walk around kicking cans for the week, miss out again the following week, get the shits again and ask for a release.
A man can only dream..

It’ll be the same side as saturday
He will name a heap of players that won’t be fit and they will all stroll back into the side again

If fifi is fit iwould go with-
1.Nui
2.Coates
3.Staggs
4.Farnworth
5.Issako
6.Croft
7.Dearden
8.Haas
9.Luke
10.TPJ
11.Glenn
12.Fifita
13.Carrigan
14.Paix
15.Flegler
16.Teo
17.Kennedy

Yeah well that’s an empty statement... no substance... I hope your right but to me it’s not believable... there’s over a dozen people on this website that pretend they have reliable inside sources yet they are just speaking out their asses
I believe 1910 is the most reliable here when it comes to inside information.
Any inside info is appreciated if you ask me

Last edited:
Smokin joe was usually the guy with intel but he’s been MIA this season. Hope he’s ok.
It’s been that long since I’ve seen him post I’d forgotten about him.
Maybe he was a staff member who got the tap on the shoulder after covoid hit....?

Last edited:
Wouldn’t be surprised if Boyd still isn’t dropped. I still maintain there would have been some deal brokered for him to retire at the end of the year, he gets to play out this year. Would explain his lack of care and the coach can get away with him still in the team, saying we lack experience blah, blah. Hopefully I am wrong.
Considering Oates was originally dropped last week and had another shocker this week, I’d say he will be gone.
I’d like to see Milford gone or at the very least pushed back to 14 and Dearden given the keys to the team, with Croft in the halves.
Hopefully staggs at the very least is back, I would love for Fifi to be included but I’m not sure he would be ready yet and realistically there isn’t any point risking him considering the year is over. Id also be very tempted to put Paix in off the bench, but I think a lot will hinge on whether Milford is dropped completely or not.

I’d really love for Oates and Milford to get dropped, both walk around kicking cans for the week, miss out again the following week, get the shits again and ask for a release.
A man can only dream..

Why push Milford to the bench when Turps is due back in a week or two, unless I am wrong. What's the point of that? Our hooker rotation this year is Luke + Turps. Either drop him completely or leave him at 6. For mine, the bench is a critical element of team strategy, not time out for being a bad boy. The last thing we need is more short term shuffling of positions. At least with Dearden there he gets the opportunity of critical game time at the top level. Aside from which Milford is no dummy half

If we get back row reinforcements back I just hope TPJ goes to prop. Can be utilised much better there. He and Haas starting and Lodge can come off the bench.

8 Haas
9 Turpin
10 TPJ
11 Glenn
12 Fifita
13 Carrigan
14 Paix
15 Lodge
16 Offa
17 Kennedy

Would be my pack/reserves when we are at full strength. Still think we are missing a trick at 13 when you look at what other clubs locks are doing.

Would enjoy seeing Bird or Staggs there personally at some point. But not at the cost of weakening us at centre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Jedhead
  • Organix
  • thenry
  • KateBroncos1812
  • bert_lifts
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.