POST GAME Round 9 - Broncos vs Bulldogs

As far as I can tell, I think Coates is moving to the left.

Very good move from Seibold. Milford's short kicking game + Coates' leaping ability will be insane.
Thought Coates limped off as well - on news last nite. May have been Herbie.

As far as I can tell, I think Coates is moving to the left.

Very good move from Seibold. Milford's short kicking game + Coates' leaping ability will be insane.
It does also give us defensively a left edge of whoever replaces Glenn, Milford, Boyd and Coates.

I'm not sure who plays on the right for the Tigers but they're likely in for an absolute field day if they can get a good share of possession.

Nothing good here. We could really use Fifita against the Storm.

Screenshot 2020 07 14 Chris Garry  ChrisGarry7 Twitter
Screenshot 2020 07 14 Veronica Eggleton on Twitter Xavier Coates also running sideline with no

Last edited:
1. Niu
2. Kennar
3. Boyd
4. Isaako
5. Walsh

This is how we're lining up at training.

💀
There were State Cup sides last year that would likely have fancied their chances against that backline. This is also just the Tigers were talking about, what the **** exactly do we do the week after against Melbourne if we don't get any reinforcements???

Last edited:
I saw Kemp do a video analysis of Rheece/Rhys (not sure which) and he looked lightening quick and was very astute at reading the play as it unfolded in front of him. Mind you that was not in an NRL or even a Q cup game. But having said that it will be nice to give him a taste of NRL and then start to bat away the inevitable ludicrous offers teams like the Tritons will put in.

There were State Cup sides last year that would likely have fancied their chances against that backline. This is also just the Tigers were talking about, what the **** exactly do we do the week after against Melbourne if we don't get any reinforcements???

Bet wisely

Walsh looks like he has some real speed about him with good foot work. If he players well enough over time here he could take the number 1 jersey for himself.

Walsh looks like he has some real speed about him with good foot work. If he players well enough over time here he could take the number 1 jersey for himself.

... on his way to another club?

Walsh to bag 4 on debut like the bloke from the Panthers.

You heard it here first!

So lets say Lodge, Turps, Fifita, Coates, Farnworth, Joffa, Staggs, Glenn and whoever I have forgotten are all out:

1. Niu
2. Kennar
3. Walsh
4. Boyd
5. Isaako
6. Milford
7. Croft
8. Haas
9. Luke
10. TPJ
11. Oates
12. Teo
13. Carrigan (c)

14. Paix
15. Flegler
16. Kennedy
17. Hoppa

That has to be almost as bad as round 3 and 4. The talent is there for sure but so green/raw it isn't funny.

In fact, this would be the sideline 13:

1. Bird
2. Coates
3. Glenn (c)
4. Farnworth
5. Kahu
6. Staggs
7. Sullivan
8. Lodge
9. Turpin
10. Joffa
11. Palasia
12. Fifita
13. Riki

WOWSERS!

I play both NRL Fantasy, based off NRL stats, and SuperCoach, based off privately complied Stats.

To put it in perspective just how subjective the whole Try Assist thing is, James Tedesco last Thursday against the Cowboys was awarded 4 Try Assists plus 1 Try Contributions in SuperCoach, while NRL Stats only awarded him the 2 Try Assists.

Those are radically different interpretations of the same plays and the same game and just goes to show you how subjective the whole thing can be. There is even a widely held suggestion in SuperCoach that certain players involved can influence what constitutes an identical Try Assist or not, with a media poster boy like Tedesco (amongst others) invariably getting the benefit of 50/50 calls on the SuperCoach stat counts, but that not being reflected in the official NRL stat counts.
And Mr Fourex laughed at me because I didn't know what qualified as a 'try assist' ! Well, I still don't 🤔 He probably doesn't know either come to think of it.

Jeez, team list at four today be like:
1. Mibees Walsh
2. Mibees Isaako
3. That guy that has been doing fence security (He knows our 2 set plays)
4. That guy who catches the bus next to the training field (He knows our 2 set plays)
5. Kennar (Real astute signing. Not sure if he's up with all our set plays though)
6. That guy who is always at Maccas.
7. Croft (Best signing ever)
8. TPJ
9. Luke (Real champion bit of negotiation skills)
10. TPJ
11. Oates (Told me he wants to play wing this week, but I'm keeping there)
12. Te'o (Great signing that)
13. TPJ
14. Carrigan (Spark off the bench)
15. Kennedy (What an inspired signing. Spark off the bench)
16. That guy who cuts the grass (He knows our 2 set plays)
17. That kid from Keebra High we just signed. (Need to ask V'Ls to cut me some slack and give us special dispensation)
18. Dearden (Such a great 18th man and so patient just waiting for his chance)

N.B. Need to give Coatsy a rest this week as part of our inspired rotation system.

Active Now

• Mick_Hancock
  • ettybay
  • Jazza
  • theshed
  • Ondi
  • thenry
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • sooticus
  • Muros
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Culhwch
  • scobie
  • Tmac
  • Gaz
  • Behind enemy lines
  • maddo
  • Tim K
  • mieko
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.