Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

SRSLY....??

:rofl
Yes, seriously. It's something I've never paid attention to although I pay attention to players on the field. I confess I didn't know that only the guy( gal) who passes last gets the glory. I learned that today. It doesn't invalidate all observations though!

Milf played better on Saturday but the fact our two halves couldn’t register a linebreak/assist against that truly woeful bulldogs side is a worry. I think the dogs are about the only team we would have beaten playing like that on Saturday

Milf played better on Saturday but the fact our two halves couldn’t register a linebreak/assist against that truly woeful bulldogs side is a worry. I think the dogs are about the only team we would have beaten playing like that on Saturday

Well, I am counting Milford's kick for Isaako's try as both a line break and a try assist, and also Croft's kick for Coates where he knocked on just before touching down

I remain very unconvinced in Croft TBH. Sends the vast majority of the ball to the right and I haven't really seen him manufacture anything with it. He linked with Mild a couple times on Saturday which helped but didn't do anything better than pass it to him.
His kicking is pretty rubbish too, apart from maybe grubbers

I remain very unconvinced in Croft TBH. Sends the vast majority of the ball to the right and I haven't really seen him manufacture anything with it. He linked with Mild a couple times on Saturday which helped but didn't do anything better than pass it to him.
His kicking is pretty rubbish too, apart from maybe grubbers
I'm also a bit unconvinced as yet. His grubbers often hit defenders and are not well executed or planned. I think he needs a bit of time to settle still. Maybe his confidence will grow. From the looks of it nothing is coordinated and when the whole team is running around like headless chickens he's a bit lost. Being under pressure from Dearden and the media probably didn't help, but he's a professional player now and needs to wipe that. Give the team time to gel and find their young feet under the new game style (and if Seibs cops to that system) he may get a better feel for everything. He wasn't so often in control of a team and at Melbourne he had that well-oiled machine working for him.

That's a bit rich coming from a bloke who keeps calling me suburban housewife insults like "troll" when I point out respectfully how off the mark he is to persecute a hard working Bronco.
A hard working Bronco that continues to put the team under unnecessary pressure within our own half leading to tries, which you look past and continuously chastise another player who is more often than not pretty safe. I’m not saying he doesn’t work hard, just that he isn’t very good. I called you a troll because of the way you tried to spin stats instead of actually watching the game. But sure, you definitely weren’t trolling 😉

Yes, seriously. It's something I've never paid attention to although I pay attention to players on the field. I confess I didn't know that only the guy( gal) who passes last gets the glory. I learned that today. It doesn't invalidate all observations though!
The try assist is not always the last pass in a movement. It actually goes to who created the overlap or line break assist or kick leading up to the try.

Say someone puts a kick up. Winger catches it and passes it to the 2nd rower who dives over for a try. The kicker would get the assist. Generally.

Just watched the replay , player review

1. Niu , unreal defensive positioning. Was definitely playing conservatively (as he should ina game like that) but he's getting really involved
2. Isaako , most rocks n diamonds performance ive ever seen
3. Herbie , quiet but relatively good ... one BAD error and needs to fix up that side defensively
4. Darius , best game of the year... which isnt saying much, but solid
5. Coates , good A bad D... needs to stay on his oposite winger
6. Milf , good game , timings still off w ball in hand, but kicking game elite tonight
7. Croft , also not creating enough opportunities, kickings not as good but not too bad
8. Haas , very very good
9. Luke , conservative , fairly good
10. TPJ , boss performance
11. Glenn , thought he was having a good game as well... pretty pissed about his knee tbh
12. Oates , another good second row performance for Oatesy, leave him there... he would be a great bench player in full strength team
13. Carrigan , silently going about his business, great performance
14. Paix creating some good headaches to have down the line, very good game
15. Teo , i like what Teo brings a lot, still adjusting but a servicable older head is great
16. Hoppa, pretty good benchie performance
17. Flegler , dropped the ball at the worst time 3 times, seems like a dumb dumb

The team were good in patches but their biggest error is letting the other team in at bad moments. So many dropped balls inside our own half, few dumb penalties... we just put ourselves under so much unneccesary pressure. We handled it fine, but Dogs played badly. Can not be doing that against the good teams or we will lose.

Call me a pessimist, I know we won but i was really quite disappointed in the showing our team put up.

Although our forwards made ground, they were still doing so from a standing start. They are both beasts and played well, but could you imagine what hass and tpj could do running onto it? The forwards made ground because the bulldogs had no line speed (similar to us), against other teams we would still be struggling.

Both our edges were frail and it was only the bulldogs poor attack that didnt capitalise (had foran or their other half thrown a cut out pass or "harbour bridge" pass to their wingers, they were in every time). I like herbie as a player but he had a poor one on the weekend, he kept creeping in to protect croft (boyd does the same with milford) which as another poster said, meant coates had to come in. Maguire, brooks and benji would have seen this and i think they will try to exploit it.

Flegler, wow. His handling is shocking. I noticed that he usually goes into the collision, leading with the shoulder with the arm carrying the ball. Any decent hit to the ball and it dislodges. The other issue is if it isnt lost, the opposition already have the ball wrapped up which makes it harder for an offload.

People having a go at nui, the kid is 18. His positional play was great (fielding most of their kicks on the full) which shows good instincts for someone so young, he tried to get around the ball and got involved. Yes he does not appear to have the speed of papenhuyzen or footwork of ponga, but neither does gutherson, but gutherson is still highly effective because he is always around the ball, supports runners, communicates and has worked on his ball skills. Nui could do the same. Is he a long term solution? Maybe, maybe not.

The real test for our team comes the next two weeks.

A hard working Bronco that continues to put the team under unnecessary pressure within our own half leading to tries, which you look past and continuously chastise another player who is more often than not pretty safe. I’m not saying he doesn’t work hard, just that he isn’t very good. I called you a troll because of the way you tried to spin stats instead of actually watching the game. But sure, you definitely weren’t trolling 😉
So do you reckon you're the last remaining Darius Boyd fanboy on the board?

It was a try assist, I meant throwing a pass/breaking the line themselves
Well, I am counting Milford's kick for Isaako's try as both a line break and a try assist, and also Croft's kick for Coates where he knocked on just before touching down

The try assist is not always the last pass in a movement. It actually goes to who created the overlap or line break assist or kick leading up to the try.

Say someone puts a kick up. Winger catches it and passes it to the 2nd rower who dives over for a try. The kicker would get the assist. Generally.
Do they? ****, now it's anyones guess as to who gets the try assist. Funny, a poster was laughing at me because I didn't know who got a try assist and who didn't and now you tell me it's subjective!

Call me a pessimist, I know we won but i was really quite disappointed in the showing our team put up.

Although our forwards made ground, they were still doing so from a standing start. They are both beasts and played well, but could you imagine what hass and tpj could do running onto it? The forwards made ground because the bulldogs had no line speed (similar to us), against other teams we would still be struggling.

Both our edges were frail and it was only the bulldogs poor attack that didnt capitalise (had foran or their other half thrown a cut out pass or "harbour bridge" pass to their wingers, they were in every time). I like herbie as a player but he had a poor one on the weekend, he kept creeping in to protect croft (boyd does the same with milford) which as another poster said, meant coates had to come in. Maguire, brooks and benji would have seen this and i think they will try to exploit it.

Flegler, wow. His handling is shocking. I noticed that he usually goes into the collision, leading with the shoulder with the arm carrying the ball. Any decent hit to the ball and it dislodges. The other issue is if it isnt lost, the opposition already have the ball wrapped up which makes it harder for an offload.

People having a go at nui, the kid is 18. His positional play was great (fielding most of their kicks on the full) which shows good instincts for someone so young, he tried to get around the ball and got involved. Yes he does not appear to have the speed of papenhuyzen or footwork of ponga, but neither does gutherson, but gutherson is still highly effective because he is always around the ball, supports runners, communicates and has worked on his ball skills. Nui could do the same. Is he a long term solution? Maybe, maybe not.

The real test for our team comes the next two weeks.

This is a common theme, though.

Teams coming off losing streaks, their next wins don't tend to be anything to write home about. They tend to be very scrappy uninspiring affairs because confidence is really low and they aren't clicking as well as they should be.

But once they do get a win, that confidence boost can really reignite a team's season and they can go on a run and improve as the weeks go on. Become a much different team than what they were prior.

Time will tell whether we will, or whether we will go back to our old ways.

Way to avoid the point, troll..
Your point that I bagged Boyd - who is the laughing stock of the NRL - while defending Isaako, who scored two tries and kicked three goals, is one of your least compelling attempts to compose an argument yet. And you spent the last year going down on Macca's ship.

Active Now

• Financeguy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Broncorob
  • GCBRONCO
  • FACTHUNT
  • Dash
  • Cavalo
  • ezpz
  • marw
  • Big Del
  • Waynesaurus
  • broncsgoat
  • jarro65
  • Sproj
  • RodF
  • Tim K
  • azza.79
  • Strop
  • lynx000
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.