Round 9 Discussion

Pretty good for a club game at Bathurst though.

I sincerely hope the Sydney clubs get away from ANZ, it's not good for any of them. The 30000 at last night's game just disappeared into the stadium.
Local grounds would almost certainly see bigger crowds too.

Hook has to be an adrenaline junky, it's the only possible explanation for his sides ability to fade in and out of games like that.

Good finish, better side won on the day but I must admit I feel sorry for Clay Priest for that last mistake. Before then, I thought he had a strong game off the bench.

Wallace, as clutch as ever.

Seriously what is it with Griffin coached sides that they just can't put games to bed.

Seriously what is it with Griffin coached sides that they just can't put games to bed.

It's in the cattle he picks.

Look at Brisbane back in the day. Even when they had the roster, he'd put players in foreign positions (Beale on the wing, Hunt at hooker, Hoffman at five eighth) and then wonder why the team was making critical errors. Even some of his selections and recruits were iffy - Barba, Vidot and Kennedy all had mistakes in them. Hala, Lui, Anderson were all known for their cheap mistakes as well.

At Penrith he has the likes of Blake (much improved on last year to be fair), DWZ, RGC, Latu, McKendry, Segeyaro, Cartwright, Ye'o, Peachey, Matagi...well 3/4s of their team with errors in them and his go to for direction are Soward and Wallace. Perhaps you could get away with one, but to have both is just asking for trouble.

I've heard that Ricky had a go at the refs over the field goal at the end. I was out doing an assignment so I didn't see what happened. Was his rant warranted?

I didn't see the rant, but if it's about the field goal blockers then he's crazy. It was just the standard defence every kicker gets.

Newcastle are a chance of hitting -200 tonight if their defence keeps this up.
Pearce, JWH and Cordner have made a massive difference for the Roosters.

I didn't see the rant, but if it's about the field goal blockers then he's crazy. It was just the standard defence every kicker gets.

Anyone can give Newcastle a flogging. I'm interested to see how Roosters go against better sides now.

Merrin moves into the path of Vaughan to try and stop him from getting to Wallace.

That's illegal.

And the refs were meant to be cracking down on it this year..

Vaughan tries to milk it, but that doesn't really matter does it? Video refs are meant to be using black and white interpretations. It should have been a penalty to the Raiders.

Last edited:
This is fantastic Rugby League from the North Queensland Cowboys.

As a club, I've never seen them play this well. The combination of size, strength and finesse is just fantastic to see.

At this rate, Manly are in for a looooong night.

Merrin moves into the path of Vaughan to try and stop him from getting to Wallace.

That's illegal.

And the refs were meant to be cracking down on it this year..

Vaughan tries to milk it, but that doesn't really matter does it? Video refs are meant to be using black and white interpretations. It should have been a penalty to the Raiders.

I haven't watched the game yet but were the defending players onside? They usually never are when a team is trying to kick a field goal.

Caught the last t few minutes of that game. I was left scratching my head seeing Godinet at fullback - good to see him come back to the NRL, I enjoyed watching his time with Wakefield. Gee, is it just me or are the Cowboys the golden girls of the NRL, they lie in the ruck every week and get away with it.

Caught the last t few minutes of that game. I was left scratching my head seeing Godinet at fullback - good to see him come back to the NRL, I enjoyed watching his time with Wakefield. Gee, is it just me or are the Cowboys the golden girls of the NRL, they lie in the ruck every week and get away with it.

If you ask the Cowboys, they'd have 4 premierships in a row now if it wasn't for the refs. The frequent bitching by their coach is obviously working.

If you ask the Cowboys, they'd have 4 premierships in a row now if it wasn't for the refs. The frequent bitching by their coach is obviously working.

Under Paul Green the Cowboys have put some of that poor us mentality behind and have taken some more responsibility for themselves, they are just bringing it up now just to take attention away from their own shortcomings. In those finals game in 2012-2014 if they were good enough they would've won them, they weren't good enough.

How hard is it for the commentators to understand the obstruction rule?! If you interfere with the defensive line at all it will be pinged.

Gasnier blowing up is the perfect reason why we don't need ex players in the bunker.

How hard is it for the commentators to understand the obstruction rule?! If you interfere with the defensive line at all it will be pinged.

Gasnier blowing up is the perfect reason why we don't need ex players in the bunker.

he also said there is no need for black and white rules :laugh:

Active Now

• Culhwch
  • Sproj
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Broncorob
  • BroncsNBundy
  • ivanhungryjak
  • bb_gun
  • Fitzy
  • The True King
  • GCBRONCO
  • Bucking Beads
  • Bish
  • Aldo
  • winslow_wong
  • leon.bott
  • FACTHUNT
  • Strop
  • Manlyman
  • mrslong
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.