Round 9 Discussion

Now that run by Radradra gave me a semi.

Last edited:
Junior Paulo has been massive for the Eels this year

really cant stand any player that stays down for a penalty. i expect bulldogs to get please explain as well from the nrl for letting reynolds play on. we all know he milked it but u cant lay there pretending to be unconscious and then not go off.

Damn ... I changed my tip from Parra to the dogs with Foran out.

I left mine as the Eels, expected them to rise to the challenge. Plus the dogs are pretty ordinary.

I would hate to be a Canterbury supporter right now.

The Eels had no clue what they were doing in that first half. Without Foran they appeared completely lost at sea and Norman looked overwhelmed. Yet the Bulldogs for whatever reason were just happy to go through the motions and play till the 80th minute. However when the game was on the line, they had nothing, they were on cruise control and thankfully the Eels taught them a lesson.

Parra have been super impressive. I loved the way their forwards marched through the middle - their bench would have to be right up there with the Cowboys as the best in the game and hasn't Terepo and Edwards come on as players? Normie completely outplayed Reynolds/Mbye and has really matured as a playmaker. While I hate to see a player struggle like Foran has off-the-field, I believe his importance was over-stated and Norman is by far their MVP.

Not a whole lot of positives for the Bulldogs. Mbye continued to impress with his 'invisible man' impression, Tyrone Phillips reminded everybody why Perrett still has a career in first grade and T-Rex continues his streak as the most over-paid player in the game ($750K...since 2013). Remember when the Bulldogs 'traded up' for Lichaa? He maybe one of the worst dummy halves in the game. Ol' rusty gate, have no idea why the kid doesn't run it considering that's what he was known for in the NYC. The only positive of the night was Faitala-Mariner who actually provided some impact off the bench. Hallelujah! I still don't think it was worth losing Shaun Lane over (I think the Dogs got another Lichaa/Bani in that trade) but time will tell.

really cant stand any player that stays down for a penalty. i expect bulldogs to get please explain as well from the nrl for letting reynolds play on. we all know he milked it but u cant lay there pretending to be unconscious and then not go off.

I didn't think it was even worth a penalty. Reynolds pretty much headbutted Paulo's arm as he ducked down.

Eels play like the Rabbits of 2014, bash and barge with forwards running full steam and then letting the one or two star backs in Uennings and Radradra feed off a decent halves pairing. Still unsure whether they can match the Broncs/Cows/Sharks when all step up later in the season but this is the top four this year in my opinion, injuries and Foran/salary cap situations pending. Storm at five but at some distance.

Eels play like the Rabbits of 2014, bash and barge with forwards running full steam and then letting the one or two star backs in Uennings and Radradra feed off a decent halves pairing. Still unsure whether they can match the Broncs/Cows/Sharks when all step up later in the season but this is the top four this year in my opinion, injuries and Foran/salary cap situations pending. Storm at five but at some distance.

A couple of years ago the exact same forwards took us apart with the exact same hard running. Ma'u and Terepo in particular. They get the ball already at top speed and just cannon in to the defence. If they could skittle enough defenders they'd offload with gaps either side and we had no answer. Having someone like Blair is going to help us a lot, but it'll still be hard to contain.

Poor mistake there from Soward.

Penrith are living by the sword. Lots of risky offloads so far but they're paying off, Canberra need to get numbers into the tackle and to lock that ball up.

Fantastic pressure once again from James Fisher-Harris.

Bad start from Blake Austin. If he wants to play Origin, he better start playing mature footy.

Lovely air swing.

Surely Austin is a defender once the panthers take the ball?

Great offload from Leilua and all but what was Mansour thinking? Hiku had him and Yeo had him covered, he had to stay on Rapana there.

It's defensive mistakes like that which have made me hesitant to include him at representative level. At times he gives me real Jorge Taufua/Akuila Uate/Daniel Vidot vibes.

Last edited:
Is Segeyaro not playing?

Last edited:
Wighton needs to respect the pill more. Even if he wasn't going to score there, the Raiders still had plays up their sleeve.

This game is like a yo-yo at the moment.

Great play Penrith.

Fisher-Harris did well to reel the ball in, get to his feet and keep the momentum rolling. In that situation you've got to give Cartwright the ball, Wallace knew that and Bryce didn't disappoint.

I thought Sezer was lucky not to be penalised there. There was no need for that type of contact there and it's an issue that coaches have complained about for sometime.

Active Now

• Hurrijo
  • Maddy
  • winslow_wong
  • lynx000
  • Morkel
  • Harry Sack
  • NSW stables
  • cento
  • Wolfie
  • Cavalo
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Allo
  • Santa
  • Fitzy
  • Broncorob
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • pennywisealfie
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Accept
  • Spoon
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.