Round 9 Discussion

Don't know about that. Looked like he was just running across at normal speed. Certainly not Slater-like.

Offloads making the difference for both teams. Both look pretty solid on the 1st phase play.

I'm not saying it was Slater like. I'm saying that the way he bent his knee was unnecessary and should be stamped out.

Can somebody tell Segs that he needs to find his kicker? He's the worst in the game in that category.

That maybe the best play Wighton has come up with all season.

Amazing effort on Matagi.

Your knee's going to bend when you run, walk, or stand up. I'd want to see it at normal speed again, but I didn't see any malice in it. You can make it look much worse in slow motion though.

Leilani Latu is seriously hard to stop. Love that he's always pushing up in support too.

**** I hope Rapana picks QLD (if theres an option to). Would help our depth quite a bit.

The Austin flub is the only difference between both sides at the moment.

Canberra have been pretty poor. A couple of bad one-on-one misses, silly mistakes and ill-discipline have cost them but it's their execution and game-plan that has hurt them. Everybody knows when you play Penrith, you target the right-hand fringe and yet the Raiders have mostly played to the other side of the field. Blake Austin really needs to take charge of the team, Hodgson and Sezer are having too much say when it's Blake's side that has the most potential. If he can give the ball to Leilua, Rapana and Whitehead I can see plenty more tries to the Raiders.

While I'm on a negative bent: Edrick Lee. He was once considered one of the most promising outside backs coming through, right now he looks like a reserve grader. Ricky must be considering Ottio for a call-up.

Yeah, it's sad about Edrick Lee. He looked like he could be a long term QLD winger at one stage. Was never the same after a few injuries.

Hallelujah we've got some points.

Penrith did their best to invite the Raiders back into this and finally the Raiders take advantage. Real simple stuff, I have no idea what happened to the Panthers defensive line but at least we've got a tense finish.

Hook must be a thrill-seeker.

Hook has to be an adrenaline junky, it's the only possible explanation for his sides ability to fade in and out of games like that.

Good finish, better side won on the day but I must admit I feel sorry for Clay Priest for that last mistake. Before then, I thought he had a strong game off the bench.

Wallace, as clutch as ever.

Terrible call to allow the field goal and a terrible attempt from Canberra to equalize.

How do you **** that up?

Great finish to an entertaining game. I think the raiders should have been a lot more patient there though.

Also a good advertisement for smaller grounds and daytime footy. Was there a crowd figure reported at any point?

Terrible call to allow the field goal and a terrible attempt from Canberra to equalize.

How do you **** that up?

What was terrible about the call? Merrin just braced himself and stood there next to the dummy half, Vaughan initiated the contact and tried to milk a penalty, it was a great call.

Hook has to be an adrenaline junky, it's the only possible explanation for his sides ability to fade in and out of games like that.

Good finish, better side won on the day but I must admit I feel sorry for Clay Priest for that last mistake. Before then, I thought he had a strong game off the bench.

Wallace, as clutch as ever.

Yeah, you're right. This is exactly how we looked under Griffin too. Scraping in wins or narrow defeats. Other than Penrith's first round loss to Canberra, they haven't won or lost by more than 5 points.

Just under 7000.

The packed house made for a nice atmosphere, better than a lot of other games but the game will get caught up on the figure - which to be fair they should if they seriously want to grow the game.

My weekend is always better when the Panthers get the points. I have a soft spot for Penrith and always want to see them do well.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • cento
  • Mustafur
  • Skathen
  • Mr Fourex
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • ChewThePhatt
  • BruiserMk1
  • Johnny92
  • bert_lifts
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.